Lotus E22 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
timbo
timbo

Re: Lotus E22 Renault

Holm86 wrote:It has a beamwing. Must be last years car.
Yes, on the video is not the new car, I was talking about released renders though. The hot air outlets from sidepods are around engine exhaust just like on McLaren.

Holm86

timbo wrote:
Holm86 wrote:It has a beamwing. Must be last years car.
Yes, on the video is not the new car, I was talking about released renders though. The hot air outlets from sidepods are around engine exhaust just like on McLaren.
Ahh okay. Then I agree. Looking at the Lotus press photo the cooling outlets looks similar to McLaren.

Racer X

Lotus didnt go to the testing in jerez and this turned out to be a good move on their part.
I mean look at the other Renault powered cars. They all wasted resources and time over at jerez.
Lotus got to sit out the Chaos and wait for Renault to sort out its troubles.

Best move thus far Lotus already better off then the other Renault powered teams...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

SectorOne

Judging by the video it does seem like they maybe have some trick stuff regarding the rear end of their new car.
Could mean nothing but the dialog was quite interesting.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

trinidefender
trinidefender

I can't help but wonder if that video was made as a sort of joke to mock the funny looking McLaren rear suspension because fast as it may be, the rear suspension does take some grace away from the car

quidam
quidam

(Motor-Total.com) - Renault had - I may say so - not the easiest start to the new Formula 1 era. Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Caterham were the first winter test at Jerez hard to drive, Lotus has ever not to be in Spain look. The French car manufacturer is to kilometer technically significantly compared to Mercedes and Ferrari lagging behind and needs to sort out the problems encountered to Bahrain.

How convenient that Lotus on Friday and Saturday with the first E22 wants to go out on the track. According to media reports, the team is said to have booked the course in Jerez for two days to discourage the permitted Film Festival with its maximum of 100 kilometers. Compared to 'Motor-Total.com' confirmed the team's project: "We are planning a couple of PR activities, but at the moment there is not more to say," says the team.

AD
Rumor engine manufacturer Renault is said to have invited the rest of its customer teams, as "spectators" to attend the test. Selected engineers could therefore admire the work on site, exchange ideas with each other and contribute to the solution of the Renault problems. In Jerez all Renault team went together only 151 rounds. But the Mercedes team managed twice as many rounds in the same period.
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 20518.html

eslam1986
eslam1986

Lotus F1 Team to unveil E22 on February 7 at 4:00 pm 

Huntresa
Huntresa

Renault has invited all the other Renault teams to Lotus filming day on Friday to show and test the new stuff in the engine. Every team will send a representative and watch. Renault is paying for it.

Per
Per

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:GA on the Lotus twin tusk nose

http://imageshack.com/a/img59/6704/jvlr.jpg
via AutoSport
Does the FIA have any requirements for front impact at a slightly sideways angle? Because if, as GA believes, both sections are needed to pass the front impact test, surely Lotus are going to suffer from poor structural inefficiency if the impact is not head-on. Each cone does half the work in frontal impact so I can imagine one will snap off after the other if impact is, say, 15 degrees sideways.

And if there are no such requirements, I think it's about time for the FIA to implement them. Lotus will not be the only team having trouble with this, but their solution definitely seems to be less efficient than others in this respect.

stefan_
stefan_

Lotus are at Jerez.

via @nowF1com
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

emmepi27
emmepi27

stefan_ wrote:Lotus are at Jerez.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfy_E7nCcAAgkUu.jpg:large
via @nowF1com
(little off topic)
So, Lotus' trucks are very similar to this: Image
Knight Rider's truck :wink:

RZS10

A car with a built-in AI would certainly help Pastor and Romain to not crash into others :D

[to be clear: this is a joke]

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

stefan_ wrote:Lotus are at Jerez.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfy_E7nCcAAgkUu.jpg:large
via @nowF1com
lol, so they're gonna unvail at Jerez tomorrow, and have a free track to themselves for filming purposes?
i wonder if they feel confident enough now with the renault engine, toro rosso did make some runs, but
i doubt renault fixed things fast enough lotus will run on jerez with a huge gain versus what we saw renault
accomplishing before.......

then again, renault are in dire need of some positive attention now so perhaps they managed to do something
about the problems and fix their image a bit. however you take it, renault's image took a small dent.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

FrukostScones

are some people complaining about Lotus doing a shakedown in Jerez which officailly is labeled as "filming day"

get real!

I'm glad their also do the offical launch tomorrow (so pics will be provided hopefully)...
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

FrukostScones wrote:are some people complaining about Lotus doing a shakedown in Jerez which officailly is labeled as "filming day"

get real!

I'm glad their also do the offical launch tomorrow (so pics will be provided hopefully)...
no, not at all, i'm just as glad as you they'll get a run.

i'm just interested what they can achieve there, and exactly why jerez is chosen - i think it's obvious.
in the end, they'll miss out a whole lot less from what people suggested before.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"