Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cam

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

FoxHound wrote:Renault can quite easily point to the fact they could not run their engines in a car prior to supply. Part of regulation. Therefore all statistics provided are lab tested and not open road conditioned.
I disagree - Mercedes built a specific test bench to cover off all the cooling and associated issues it might see 'on track'. As a result, Mercedes seem to be doing pretty well. That Renault had issues, shows either they did not bench test, did not properly bench test or did bench test, knew there was issues and had to proceed as is - IMO.
Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports that the Three Pointed Star is testing its new engine on a special test bench, with the V6 turbo installed alongside the latest hybrid technology, transmission and cooling units in a cut-down version of an existing chassis, with the radiators fitted to 2014-spec sidepods and the rear bodywork as permitted by the heavily altered regulations.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

bhall
bhall

FoxHound wrote:Marko on top form as usual.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140530/F1/140539992?
“It would be irresponsible [for me to continue speaking]. But [I'm going to do it anyway] because [I am a bellend].
“The season’s not over yet. At the end, our financial department will make an account [that's no more factual than those we formerly used to demonstrate "compliance" with the RRA]. Then we will see [how much blame we can deflect]. The image damage is already beyond repair [as it seems I just can't stop saying really dumb sh-t in public].
[...]
Sometimes meanings get lost in transmission. So, I thought I'd help out a little.

Always at your service. :D

In all seriousness, holding suppliers liable for any lack of competitiveness is one of the better ways to run reputable suppliers right out of the sport. There's a reason why this came from Marko and not Mateschitz, and it's because the latter is a good businessman who actually knows what he's doing.

As if Renault hasn't also taken a PR hit this year due to its power unit...unreal.

FoxHound

Cam wrote: I disagree - Mercedes built a specific test bench to cover off all the cooling and associated issues it might see 'on track'. As a result, Mercedes seem to be doing pretty well. That Renault had issues, shows either they did not bench test, did not properly bench test or did bench test, knew there was issues and had to proceed as is - IMO.
Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports that the Three Pointed Star is testing its new engine on a special test bench, with the V6 turbo installed alongside the latest hybrid technology, transmission and cooling units in a cut-down version of an existing chassis, with the radiators fitted to 2014-spec sidepods and the rear bodywork as permitted by the heavily altered regulations.

You can disagree all you like. The simple fact is you cannot replicate exact conditions until you stick the lump and its auxiliaries in the back of a car and test it.
Or are you like Marko, in suggesting Viry Chatillon incompetent?
JET set

FoxHound

Your narrative is spot on Bhall...

Only I wonder with Mark and Mateschitz how deep this friendship goes. By saying the things he says, he does irrevocable damage to the brands f1 team.

Slow news day? No problem. ...get Marko to utter a few words.
JET set

Writinglife
Writinglife

On the other hand, how much is Marko actually saying the things Mateschitz wants to say but can't. Its very useful to have someone like Marko who is famous for speaking "his" mind when as the man at the top of stack, you have to bite your tongue.

beelsebob
beelsebob

FoxHound wrote:You can disagree all you like. The simple fact is you cannot replicate exact conditions until you stick the lump and its auxiliaries in the back of a car and test it.
Or are you like Marko, in suggesting Viry Chatillon incompetent?
Yes we're suggesting that they're incompetent. If they were competent, they would have turned up to testing with an engine that works. The very fact that they failed at their task proves that they are not competent to carry out that task.

FoxHound

It works beelsebob.

Just not as well as the Mercedes unit. It works about as well as the Ferrari unit, if not, just off.
What amuses me is that you level incompetence to a supllier who supplied a team with wares good enough for 8 titles in 4 years.

Staggering!
JET set

beelsebob
beelsebob

FoxHound wrote:It works beelsebob.
That's debatable. In testing it did not work well enough to complete more than a few laps a day - that's not really working.
Even in it's race life, it's burned through components at an alarming rate, so much so that various drivers are already using their last control electronics and ERS units, only 6 races into the season. That too, is not meeting the requirements of a current F1 engine - i.e. not working.
What amuses me is that you level incompetence to a supllier who supplied a team with wares good enough for 8 titles in 4 years.
Yes, when they produce something that does not meet the requirements of the sport, that is incompetent.

FoxHound

You mean those Red Bull podiums where powered by taurine?
JET set

beelsebob
beelsebob

FoxHound wrote:You mean those Red Bull podiums where powered by taurine?
I mean they were powered by control electronics and ERS units that generally can not be used again, and hence are not fit for F1.

FoxHound

So a podium winning engine and its accompanying systems is in your view "unfit for F1"?

Still Staggered.
JET set

beelsebob
beelsebob

FoxHound wrote:So a podium winning engine and its accompanying systems is in your view "unfit for F1"?
If that podium winning engine can only compete 7 races without getting penalties for having to change all the parts in it all the time... Yes, that's unfit for F1.

FoxHound

There I was thinking that a multi podium winning engine was the ethos of competence.
JET set

beelsebob
beelsebob

FoxHound wrote:There I was thinking that a multi podium winning engine was the ethos of competence.
We'll see if you think that in a few races time, when both RedBull drivers have received 10 place grid penalties several races running.

Gaz.
Gaz.

beelsebob wrote:
FoxHound wrote:So a podium winning engine and its accompanying systems is in your view "unfit for F1"?
If that podium winning engine can only compete 7 races without getting penalties for having to change all the parts in it all the time... Yes, that's unfit for F1.
The bit I'd like to know is, in respect of their technical partnership, how much development did RBR undertake alongside Renault? Renault do not have a spare chassis, their last being a R29 which is shorter than the current cars and perhaps unsuitable to be a development mule. Did RBR offer them an older car to use? Did Renault ask? Did Renault approach Torro Rosso, Lotus or Caterham?

If I read the articles correctly, RBR only assembled a complete build up of a RB10 shortly before the Jerez test and they didn't fire it up until Jerez. As the works Renault team is this not a bit short sighted and under prepared?
Forza Jules