BAR clutch control system banned??

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Timstr
Timstr

BAR clutch control system banned??

I picked this up from http://www.takumasato.org/news_detail.a ... nguage_id=

An excerpt from Taku's account of the Nurburging race
Sato lost some ground at the start though. At first he looked as though he may even drop to fourth, but an inspired move and brilliant judgment at the first corner saw him reclaim second, right behind Schumacher. “Our clutch-control system was banned by the FIA,” said Taku, “so we needed a different clutch-mapping system. Plus I was on the dusty side of the track for the first time this year, so I knew it would be a struggle. Kimi nearly overtook me and Trulli catapulted in front, but I never back off or give up. Into Turn 1 I was very confident – it was very close judgment but it was good and I was completely in control.
Has anyone heard of this recently? I know Fernando Alonso said that everyone was talking about the Renault starts, but that the BAR starts were also fast. Was that a hint?

West
West

I thought the BAR starts were "average," meaning they weren't great or bad. I thought Takuma's start at Monaco was due to him jumping the gun.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

imo Renault uses something like a flywheel to store energy before the start to the race ,this would enable them to start with lower revs from the line without the fear to stall..the system decouples after the getaway...and
is nothing more than a piece of ballast for the rest of the race