2014-2020 Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
OO7
OO7

Re: Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula

PlatinumZealot wrote:Here are some quotes on horsepower and other engine specs of the 2014 mercedes engine

It say 820hp. It is only an article, I know.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 63888.html

so if all KERS + ICE is 820hp... we are looking at 660hp from the ICE.
Pretty much what the ex-Ferrari engine chief Marmorini stated ('650hp').

Autosport are saying the Renault PU produces 805hp at 15,000 rpm.

OO7
OO7

Moose wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Here are some quotes on horsepower and other engine specs of the 2014 mercedes engine

That makes a lot of sense, and aligns with people asserting that the engines this year will approach 900hp, if Merc really have gained the rumored 60hp.
Last year many were saying 900hp (740hp) from the ICE is not possible. I'm sure we'll all keep our ears to the ground, listening out for the rumored outputs of the update units.
Last edited by OO7 on 23 Jan 2015, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

Blackout

Blaze1 wrote:

Pretty much what the ex-Ferrari engine chief Marmorini stated ('650hp').

Autosport are saying the Renault PU produces 805hp at 15,000 rpm.
Where? Do you have a link? but 15000 is bs

Juzh

Pretty much yeah. 10500-15000 rpm. "No" difference.

pgfpro

Very interesting.

I'm still sticking with my first prediction that I made back on page 376?
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 18#p488418
building the perfect beast

Blackout

Edit: wait a minute

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Guys, be prepared for a possible change to the engines in the future. http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 75979.html

New ideas for the engine regulations(only rumours by now)

- on February 6th, there'll be a presentation with Charlie, Bernie, Jean and the engine guys
- changes introduced probably for the 2017 season
- Mercedes: keep the current layout, adjust fuel flow and 100kg race limit
- Honda: electric wheel hub motors for a possible AWD
- Ferrari and Renault: 2,2l V8 bi-turbo up to 17000rpm, no MGUH, standard KERS and turbo
- FIA: max 10mio per year and engine
- Charlie: wanted more spec parts and less wind tunnel time, less upgrades per year, less parts allowed to be taken to the track

The article then states that wider tyres are discussed and quotes Lauda, who wants more spectacular cars.

As mentioned, only rumours so far, we'll have to wait for Feb 6th to see what the future will bring. But it seems to be the right direction!
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Blackout

Blanchimont wrote:Guys, be prepared for a possible change to the engines in the future. http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 75979.html

- on February 6th, there'll be a presentation with Charlie, Bernie, Jean and the engine guys
- Mercedes: keep the current layout, adjust fuel flow and 100kg race limit good
- Honda: electric wheel hub motors for a possible AWD wtf
- Ferrari and Renault: 2,2l V8 bi-turbo up to 17000rpm, no MGUH, standard KERS and turbo crap
- FIA: max 10mio per year and engine good
- Charlie: wanted more spec parts crap and less wind tunnel time good, less upgrades per year crap , less parts allowed to be taken to the track good

The article then states that wider tyres are discussed and quotes Lauda, who wants more spectacular cars.

As mentioned, only rumours so far, we'll have to wait for Feb 6th to see what the future will bring. But it seems to be the right direction!

Juzh

I'm actually in merc's camp on this one. Just lol on renault and ferrari. And what the heck is going on with honda and awd? Are they serious? Not gonna happen unless they dish out some serious bribes to bernie and fia.
Upping the fuel flow and capacity is surely the way forward, along with wider tires.

Mesteño

Honda interpretation seems like they don't want rules to change.

Harsha
Harsha

Blackout wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:Guys, be prepared for a possible change to the engines in the future. http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 75979.html

- Mercedes: keep the current layout, adjust fuel flow and 100kg race limit good
- Honda: electric wheel hub motors for a possible AWD wtf
- Ferrari and Renault: 2,2l V8 bi-turbo up to 17000rpm, no MGUH, standard KERS and turbo crap
- FIA: max 10mio per year and engine good
- Charlie: wanted more spec parts crap and less wind tunnel time good, less upgrades per year crap , less parts allowed to be taken to the track good

Exactly WTF what actually Honda wants to have

mrluke
mrluke

Honda just wants the same system as in LMP where the kers regenerates from the front wheels (where the most braking energy is available) rather than the rear wheels as in F1.

If anything it seems more sensible.

wuzak
wuzak

mrluke wrote:Honda just wants the same system as in LMP where the kers regenerates from the front wheels (where the most braking energy is available) rather than the rear wheels as in F1.

If anything it seems more sensible.
It is sensible in the respect that more power can be recovered from braking.

It probably isn't the best way to make spectacular racing cars.

I am agreeing with Merc on this one - up the fuel flow limit. But I would dump the fuel limit for teh race.

Then get some more ICEs allowed per season, so they don;t have to baby them.

Introduce the cost cap, so they can get rid of this homologation/tokens crap.

Renault and Ferrari would have better lick if they specified an engine based on the current V6, but without the MGUH (I'd prefer it stay, though).

ojlopez
ojlopez

I agree, fuel flow limit has to go. The proposal for front wheel energy recovery is a good one.

Vary
Vary

ojlopez wrote:I agree, fuel flow limit has to go. The proposal for front wheel energy recovery is a good one.
I don't think we'll see front wheel KERS, it will be too easy to make a 4WD car, which i don't think the FIA wants to see. (Even if probably this will have a LOT Of road relevance)