Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

I think the Pictures are ok here. The Car thread is there to discuss actual Features of the Car. All we can gather from these low res Pictures is that a McLaren is moving around at Barcelona.

Edit: maybe there is something. It could be just the angle of the Photo but i don't see a Central Rear Wing support. But 75% sure it's just Jedi Mind Tricks. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Macklaren
Macklaren

[quote="Thunders" All we can gather from these low res Pictures is that a McLaren is moving around Barcelona.
[/quote]

Given the previous two tests, that is a notable development!

turbof1

I support the decision to put the images in the team thread. They are too low res to show any potentional new detail on the car.

The filming day will almost certainly be about testing the changes made to the PU. Unless we get pictures of the PU in relative high resolutions, something we'll get for now since Honda will want to avoid that, pictures of the filming will not bring anything technical worth of discussion:
#AeroFrodo

GoranF1
GoranF1

Apperantly only 4 laps today! Better at filming days today and tomorrow than when test starts i guess.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Mesteño

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:Apperantly only 4 laps today! Better at filming days today and tomorrow than when test starts i guess.
Maybe, but not very encouraging. 100 km is 25 laps in Montmeló and they only run 4 of them. I hope they don't need them through the season.

radosav
radosav

Reports from people on track via Twitter say at least 10 laps today! If they are running tomorrow too then you have 20 laps which is around 100 km !

KingHamilton01

can anyone confirm officially if they only ran 4 Lap's?
McLaren Mercedes

mikeerfol

http://www.grandprixtimes.com/news/display/09870
McLaren completed a day of filming on Monday for 'promotional purposes' at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona ahead of the second pre-season test at the same circuit.
The team struggled to put mileage on its MP4-30 during the first test in Jerez a fortnight ago, mainly because of technical issues with its Honda power unit.
Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso completed just 79 laps between them, compared to Mercedes which lapped the Spanish circuit 515 times.
The Japanese manufacturer has introduced a raft of engine upgrades ahead of the second test in an attempt to cure the issues which hampered their reliability.
The move is likely a strategic decision, with the team opting to use its second and final filming day to get some early mileage on the MP4-30 ahead of the four-day test which kicks off on Thursday. It also gives them two days to resolve any new problems which may have arisen.
Button was behind the wheel for the days running where it's believed the car ran more reliably than in Jerez, though the team haven't confirmed the distance it completed.
Teams are limited to two filming days for promotional purposes and can only complete 100km on each of those days. They are also speed limited and must use Pirelli demonstration tyres.

Vasconia

According to some comments they have done 10 laps, which is not a lot, but the teams says that they have completed the original plans. Perhaps because they had already planned a second filming day to run another 10-15 laps as it has mentioned here.

brzt
brzt

does this look more orange than red to you?

mikeerfol

I think it's the light, look at Button's helmet as well.

Andres125sx

Yes that´s orange, but white balance can change colors drastically, if the camera was adjusted with more or less sun and then the weather conditions change, colors will look very different to what they really are

I´m not saying this is the case, it could be orange, but you can´t rely on a picture when talking about colors, it could be that color or it could be very different, you can´t be sure

Thunder

Definetly the Lighting/camera. Here is another Shot:
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/567642674044616704
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

McMrocks
McMrocks

Hands off the steering wheel, visor up, soft tyres in light rain... the car isn't moving. Right?

F1NAC

McMrocks wrote:Hands off the steering wheel, visor up, soft tyres in light rain... the car isn't moving. Right?
yea it seems so, even ERS light on the top of air intake is not working