Sauber F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bdr529

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2015

Phil wrote: Now, as I said before, I personally think its a very dangerous precedent for a court to *force* a team to run a particular driver. Because essentially, nothing and no-one is bigger than the team. .
Actually the law is bigger then the team
This is the second time a court has told Sauber that they must fulfill the contract they signed with Van Dr Garde, the act of signing him to drive in the first place showes they felt that he could do the job,
the fact that they don't want his services anymore doesn't mean they can break the contract at will.
And to have ruled any other way would have been the dangerous precedent

Per
Per

Richard wrote:Of course his pass won't work, he's not on the Sauber's list of accredited team members.
But someone did give him a pass, which would lead one to think that it would work, too.

Oh Australian GP, how we love thee. So much controversial stuff goes on in Australia. Red Bull's fuel flow sensors, Hamilton's lies in front of the stewards, now this. It's as if the F1 paddock stacks up such amounts of testosterone over winter, everyone has an urge to release some frustration when the engines start revving again. :D

mikeerfol

Per wrote:
Richard wrote:Of course his pass won't work, he's not on the Sauber's list of accredited team members.
But someone did give him a pass, which would lead one to think that it would work, too.

Oh Australian GP, how we love thee. So much controversial stuff goes on in Australia. Red Bull's fuel flow sensors, Hamilton's lies in front of the stewards, now this.
Hamilton wasn't allowed in the paddock for a few minutes after his engine problem in FP1 last year as well if I remember correctly :P

Slife
Slife

Sauber are complying with the court order https://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1/stat ... 0014623744
Last edited by Slife on 13 Mar 2015, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

Richard
Richard

We'll now find out if Bernie favours VDG by making sure the paperwork goes though in a mater of hours, or favouring Sauber by saying it will take a month, or he'll do nothing.

I've wondered why Bernie hasn't fixed this problem behind the scenes like he usually does. Perhaps he tried but Sauber or VDG were too obstinate?

Now we'll see how good Nasr/Ericsson's lawyers are ......

domh245
domh245

According to Paddock Pass, it is Ericsson who will be stepping aside for this race, and VDG is already having a seat made up. I suppose when your car is really just 1 big advert for Nasr's backers, it'd be a bit risky to pull Nasr instead of Ericsson. VDG has also got overalls already, but am wondering how hostile the atmosphere in the garage is.

Now apparently, the superlicence will not arrive in time.

Being a bit of a novice to this all, is it not possible for the drivers to alternate throughout the season?

edit: beaten to it, but my question still stands.

r_b_l
r_b_l

ChrisM40 wrote:
And personally I dont even agree with that. Sports do far to much 'internal' stuff, much of which is dubious legally and completely non-transparent already.
I was referring to this situation and in particular Saubers incompetence. How is this dubious? They have breached a legally binding agreement!!!!

This case looks very legal & pretty straightforward.

Richard
Richard

So the latest is that Sauber are not obstructing VDG getting ready to race.

But they are also pointing out to the judge that the paperwork might be ready in time.... such a shame.... we really tried to get him into the car ... crocodile tears.

I guess lawyers for Nasr/Ericisson are waiting in the court lobby just in case VDG gets his paperwork. Then they'll rush into court shouting "STOP !!!"

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

r_b_l wrote:
ChrisM40 wrote:
And personally I dont even agree with that. Sports do far to much 'internal' stuff, much of which is dubious legally and completely non-transparent already.
I was referring to this situation and in particular Saubers incompetence. How is this dubious? They have breached a legally binding agreement!!!!

This case looks very legal & pretty straightforward.
I mean 'sports' handling of 'internal matters' generally. Governing bodies often think they are gods and above the law. That is why i didnt want Bernie doing some sort of dodgy deal as usual.

Per
Per

I find it rather unbelievable that a participant of a Grand Prix could be denied because it takes too long for someone to put a signature on a piece of paper. :lol:

Actually I think out all F1 controversies I have seen, I like this one the most. It is close to being hilarious. As long as Sauber survives, that is (still wouldn't mind to see Kaltenborn leave though - but has she actually been spotted in Melbourne this morning?).

r_b_l
r_b_l

ChrisM40 wrote: I mean 'sports' handling of 'internal matters' generally. Governing bodies often think they are gods and above the law. That is why i didnt want Bernie doing some sort of dodgy deal as usual.
Gotya! I agree with that! all those "discussions" where the under the table, behind the back, brown paper bags deals are made.

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

Per wrote:I find it rather unbelievable that a participant of a Grand Prix could be denied because it takes too long for someone to put a signature on a piece of paper. :lol:

Actually I think out all F1 controversies I have seen, I like this one the most. It is close to being hilarious. As long as Sauber survives, that is (still wouldn't mind to see Kaltenborn leave though - but has she actually been spotted in Melbourne this morning?).
For me its been an eye opener that its not just the technical regs that are oppressive an overly complex, but also just the freaking drivers licenses! Why on earth do the team need to have anything to do with it?

Sniffit

r_b_l wrote:
ChrisM40 wrote: I mean 'sports' handling of 'internal matters' generally. Governing bodies often think they are gods and above the law. That is why i didnt want Bernie doing some sort of dodgy deal as usual.
Gotya! I agree with that! all those "discussions" where the under the table, behind the back, brown paper bags deals are made.
It's big business, not politics.

r_b_l
r_b_l

As much business as vdg lawyers wanting Kaltenborn to go to prison!!??