Sauber F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Starscreamer

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2015

Hail22 wrote:Good news, Ericsson / Sauber are out on the track at the start of FP2 :)
Not good news Giedo don't drive that car. :(
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Hail22 wrote:Good news, Ericsson / Sauber are out on the track at the start of FP2 :)
Bad news, a court has appointed 4 agents to seize Saubers assets.

MattyT
MattyT

Jonnycraig wrote:
Have you got a source for that one? Been trying to find updates but haven't seen anything substantial yet.

bdr529

MattyT wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
Have you got a source for that one? Been trying to find updates but haven't seen anything substantial yet.
The report is 2 hours old but here's part of it
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/van-d ... kaltenborn

The summons, addressed to Sauber Motorsport and Kaltenborn, reads as follows:

“You are summoned to attend before the Court on the hearing of an application by the Applicants for the following declarations and orders:
3. That Stewart Alexander McCallum, Peter Damien McCluskey, James Henry Stewart and Brendan John Richards (the Sequestrators) be appointed as sequestrators of all the real and personal estate of Sauber Motorsport AG situated in the State of Victoria.

4. An order that each of the Sequestrators, or any two or more of them, are authorised and directed to:

(a) enter upon and take possession of the real and personal estate of Sauber Motorsport AG; and

(b) collect, receive and get into their hands the rents and profits of the real and personal estate of Sauber Motorsport AG; and

MattyT
MattyT

Thanks.

Actually, the summons is just to appear. The orders are actually what VdGs legal team have requested that the court makes. So the court hasn't actually ordered it yet.

bdr529

I haven't read it completely to busy watching practice :shock:

MattyT
MattyT

Hearing it will now be delayed again until 9:30am Saturday.

Update:confirmed parties will return to court tomorrow morning. judge has encouraged them to have "very sensible discussions".

SidSidney
SidSidney

You know I actually quite like that Giedo is standing up for his rights. All that BS about safety, seatbelts etc. was just disgusting. Imagine if they needed the money from a pay driver, how quickly they would find seatbelts...

If it takes a court threat to jail The Monisha to get them to the table then I am glad to see it happening. F1 teams screw drivers daily with vague or one-sided contract details. This time the boot is on the other foot, and I think van der Garde is right to pursue them to the bitter end. Worst case he ends up owning some F1 assets he can sell to Manor.

Incidentally, I actually bumped into Peter Sauber on a flight we shared through Zurich a little while back, had a short chat with him about the old Group C days. He said something like "Ah, the good old days, everything was much simpler then".
Last edited by SidSidney on 13 Mar 2015, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
This signature is encrypted to avoid complaints, but it makes me laugh out loud:-
16S75 13E7K 41C53 7CT23 14O5O 67R32 76175 90B67 L4L42 41O63 72W56 98M10 52E87

SidSidney
SidSidney

I bet she is wishing she never got one third equity in Sauber. Under Swiss law she is personally liable. I was once involved in having the CEO of a Swiss public AG arrested by the police at his home, for breaching a confidentiality agreement, which is a criminal offence in CH. His lawyers wanted to negotiate a settlement within picoseconds.
This signature is encrypted to avoid complaints, but it makes me laugh out loud:-
16S75 13E7K 41C53 7CT23 14O5O 67R32 76175 90B67 L4L42 41O63 72W56 98M10 52E87

Hail22

SidSidney wrote:You know I actually quite like that Guido is standing up for his rights. All that BS about safety, seatbelts etc. was just disgusting. Imagine if they needed the money from a pay driver, how quickly they would find seatbelts...

If it takes a court threat to jail The Monisha to get them to the table then I am glad to see it happening. F1 teams screw drivers daily with vague or one-sided contract details. This time the boot is on the other foot, and I think van der Garde is right to pursue them to the bitter end. Worst case he ends up owning some F1 assets he can sell to Manor.

Incidentally, I actually bumped into Peter Sauber on a flight we shared through Zurich a little while back, had a short chat with him about the old Group C days. He said something like "Ah, the good old days, everything was much simpler then".
Well several Team principals spoke to James Allen off camera saying they support GVD and they have no sympathy for Sauber / Monisha for how they have handled things.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

nokivasara
nokivasara

I just wonder why they didnt go through all this during the off season?
Ericsson and Nasr were signed in november...

Ericsson and sutil are next in line I suppose, this debacle will not End this weekend, thats for sure.

WaikeCU

nokivasara wrote:I just wonder why they didnt go through all this during the off season?

Ericsson and sutil are next in line I suppose, this debacle will not End this weekend, thats for sure.
What about Sirotkin?

aral
aral

WaikeCU wrote:
nokivasara wrote:I just wonder why they didnt go through all this during the off season?

What about Sirotkin?
what about him? his sponsorship fell through so no contract!

turbof1

I'm currently writing an article about all the events so far in the case. It's more a paper then anything else -.- .
#AeroFrodo

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

They have been going through it all off season. The first ruling in VDGs favour was in December. Sauber have simply been plowing on for 3 months praying he would go away.