Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Did not know where to post this but http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... s-Cup.html :lol:

radosav
radosav

"I did not get many laps, what I thought. If everything went perfectly, then I per day totaled 150 laps, but I got to barely forty and all of them with a small amount of fuel. At least I'm ready for it," said Magnussen today at a press conference. "I had not experienced a wagon full of gasoline, so it will be interesting to see how it will behave. But before I've raced, it's something else entirely. It is a different car, but I should be okay,"continues the Danish pilot.
http://f1news.autoroad.cz/novinky/50076 ... im-paliva/
Last edited by radosav on 12 Mar 2015, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.

radosav
radosav

'Button says the Honda-powered MP4-30 has the basic traits of a winning car minus the necessary downforce. "I feel that this is a good start but we don't have enough downforce to fight with Mercedes or even a couple of the other teams," he said. "But the basic philosophy and idea of the aerodynamics and how it works is definitely right. I haven't driven a McLaren like this before, not in the way that it works. "I'm not saying it's the quickest McLaren I have ever driven, because it's not, but in the way that it works the basic car is very good and it means we can build on it. The airflow will be very clean, so basically we can just add downforce.Beforehand [on last year's car] you would add downforce and it would really change the characteristics of the car, so it's a more consistent car in terms of balance. But as I said, it still needs a lot of work to be competitive.

"Last year you had a lot of downforce when you turned in and hit the brakes but you lost all downforce at the apex. This car is very different, it does what you hope it will do, which is very important for myself and also for Fernando as far as I can see. Looking at the data, Fernando and I like very similar cars and it does the right thing, it's just whether we have enough downforce."
http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsport ... 7VoqRdx.99
Last edited by radosav on 12 Mar 2015, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Thanks radosav, care to share the source.

None of that sounds promising, I wonder where it will get them. The only sparkle of hope seems to be that they can continue with the package. It would be strange to say the opposite at the beginning of the season.

radosav
radosav

Jef Patat wrote:Thanks radosav, care to share the source.

None of that sounds promising, I wonder where it will get them. The only sparkle of hope seems to be that they can continue with the package. It would be strange to say the opposite at the beginning of the season.
I think that we all now realise that this season will be used by Mclaren to get more experience with their car and engine , maybe at the last third of season we can expect solid point races !

podpi
podpi

For McLaren nerds and those interested in legalese, the new McLaren Applied Technology Centre and McLaren Wind Tunnel:

There have been some protests to the construction of this new building from local groups, and found McLaren's rebuttal interesting. It includes a blurb about how a local group was asking for $10s of millions for access to the original site which was approved a couple years ago...

http://caps.woking.gov.uk/online-applic ... 315452.pdf

Vasconia

Another strange incident with Kevin, and more time lost. The car looks 3,7 seconds behind in both long and short stints. #-o

akshat21
akshat21

Doesn't look like a Red Bull (2014) like recovery..

Looks more like a pain and more pain sorta season ahead for McLaren.

Lasse-E
Lasse-E

Vasconia wrote:Another strange incident with Kevin, and more time lost. The car looks 3,7 seconds behind in both long and short stints. #-o
K-Mag, was quick to take the blame for the incident on Twitter, but I too think it looked a little strange... But either way, it don't look like McLaren have made any real gains on proformence or reliability since the last test..

bauc

Lasse-E wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Another strange incident with Kevin, and more time lost. The car looks 3,7 seconds behind in both long and short stints. #-o
K-Mag, was quick to take the blame for the incident on Twitter, but I too think it looked a little strange... But either way, it don't look like McLaren have made any real gains on proformence or reliability since the last test..
What I've noticed from the on-boards from both BUT & K-MAG is that both drivers were super sensitive with the throttle (or at least it sounded like that) so I'm not saying that the Mp4-30 will be fast this weekend but I'm pretty sure that they are still running with limited power and the car has a lot more potential but in the same time running on limited power is quite worrying meaning they haven't solved their reliability issues
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31869469

Seriously? I thought we were just joking about Manor. They are saying themselves it is their main competitor and if Manor doesn't start they fear to be last :o

I have no words for this.

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

I know its an all new car and all new engine, but for 2 multinational car manufacturers to work together like this and get it so wrong is pretty damn poor, especially ones with such strong motor racing heritage.

bauc

Jef Patat wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31869469

Seriously? I thought we were just joking about Manor. They are saying themselves it is their main competitor and if Manor doesn't start they fear to be last :o

I have no words for this.
If they end up last, let it be......maybe they should...it will be well deserved since that will mean that all of the other teams did a better job so all credit to them. But regardless of the results, I will never stop believing in Mclaren, I strongly believe that the day will come when we will see MCL back on top. Call me fullish, call me naive, but I cant give up on Mclaren.....I just cant

GO MCL
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

santos
santos

ChrisM40 wrote:I know its an all new car and all new engine, but for 2 multinational car manufacturers to work together like this and get it so wrong is pretty damn poor, especially ones with such strong motor racing heritage.
Honda passed to much time on "Earth Dreams" and making cars environmentally friendly... I belive they will need the whole season to learn what is wrong. All the other teams have much more experience. And if Manor can put the engine runnig, there will be a nice figth with them... If the cars last til the end of the race.

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

McLaren fan since the mid 80's. I've seen ups and downs, lately I've seen lots of cars with "lots of potential", nice innovative concepts, I won't give up being a fan. But please, hoping to race Manor, at the season's start? Even if it's a decent fight, it won't be broadcasted. Each time I think, ok, they will have something figured for the next day, test, season, now it's for the next race(s). It's a hard time being McLaren fan :-(