Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Richard
Richard

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Bear in mind the PU now has roughly the same mileage as the Renault PU after their first test last year. They've got a long way to go if they follow the same rate of progress as Renault. It's going to be a long season for them.

mrluke
mrluke

I thought after the last test Honda were saying it was a championship winning car... what happened?

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Richard wrote:Bear in mind the PU now has roughly the same mileage as the Renault PU after their first test last year. They've got a long way to go if they follow the same rate of progress as Renault. It's going to be a long season for them.
I do bear that in mind, but still, this used to be a top team. I don't expect them to beat the Mercs right away. But hoping to finish and if so hoping to beat Manor. I hoped the team had done better than that. I realise there's lot of room for improvement and maybe the car indeed has potential that they can unlock, but at the moment it is very dissapointing.

Andres125sx

True, very dissapointing, but think about Red Bull last season.... very little mileage on pre-season, looked like a disaster... but then they started the season with a podium (DSQ because of the fuel flow sensor problem) and managed to win 3 GPs

dans79

Andres125sx wrote:True, very dissapointing, but think about Red Bull last season.... very little mileage on pre-season, looked like a disaster... but then they started the season with a podium (DSQ because of the fuel flow sensor problem) and managed to win 3 GPs
They had the benefit, of other teams running the same engine, so the engine manufacture was still getting boat loads of data.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

dans79 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:True, very dissapointing, but think about Red Bull last season.... very little mileage on pre-season, looked like a disaster... but then they started the season with a podium (DSQ because of the fuel flow sensor problem) and managed to win 3 GPs
They had the benefit, of other teams running the same engine, so the engine manufacture was still getting boat loads of data.
Redbull's problem were mainly heat related due to aggressive packaging which they had to change later. You have to take into account that Honda does not have the experience Renault had in Kers and engine.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Andres125sx

dans79 wrote:
I was trying to keep positive! :oops: [-o< :lol:

bauc

Well, like Kevin said after Q1, lets first finish the race first tomorrow....and we go from there
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

If my calculations are correct Magnussen is 3 tenths away from the 107% rule. Close to not be able to finish the race tomorrow.

crbassassin

Silent Storm wrote:Redbull's problem were mainly heat related due to aggressive packaging which they had to change later. You have to take into account that Honda does not have the experience Renault had in Kers and engine.
So the red bulls were running below 100% to reduce heat rejection limit last year?

Kiril Varbanov

Richard wrote:Bear in mind the PU now has roughly the same mileage as the Renault PU after their first test last year. They've got a long way to go if they follow the same rate of progress as Renault. It's going to be a long season for them.
More like two seasons. With the limited tokens, I don't expect to see Honda in Q3. Next year, challenging midfield teams and maybe Red Bull - yeah, possibly. Unless, of course, Ron engages literally everyone in MTC and Honda to solve that. I can imagine the wave of disappointment that's mounting towards them. Just to remind everyone that it took Mercedes about 5 years and close to a $500 millions to get this one second advantage.

zeph
zeph

I don't see them recovering from 5-second deficit over the course of one season. I know AUS is not always a good indication of the pecking order, but when the gap is this big...well...I guess, miracles do happen sometimes. But not in F1, though.

I am gutted for Alonso. He really is a one-man Greek Tragedy. He is running out of time. and options.

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Magnussen's thoughts:
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 21#p568321
And when asked about the time frame for recovery on the engine performance, he was more straightforward than any thing I have heard from Mclaren/Honda so far, simply replying: I don't think that it will happen this year.

CjC
CjC

Look at it one way, the only way is up!

Do we have any speed trap numbers?
Just a fan's point of view

ollandos
ollandos

mclaren needs 2 years more ........4 years is the time for winning team

ferrari start 96' won 2000
red-bull 2006-2010