Sauber F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Moxie
Moxie

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2015

Accepting stock as part of a settlement just became a more attractive option.

Starscreamer

Hope to see Giedo in this car today Felipe Nasr drives outstanding =D>
Good to see points for Sauber :D

I Hope for the next race:
Giedo in the car & Marcus to Manor? [-o<
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

nokivasara
nokivasara

With such strong season opening Sauber are back as a strong mid field team (3rd in WCC :)) but what does that matter when Kalterborn messed up the contracts and no one knows how it'll end.
Nasr made a phenomenal debut (as did K-Mag last year and that turned sour) and Ericsson had a good race, I would be looking forward to a exciting season with this line-up if it wasn't for that one little thing...

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

BBC reporting Colin Kolles is involved in the plan to take over the team:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31895609

Owner: Bookhoern
Team Principal: Kolles
Drivers: VDG & Nasr

:wtf:

Starscreamer

Jonnycraig wrote:BBC reporting Colin Kolles is involved in the plan to take over the team:

Owner: Bookhoern =D>
Team Principal: Kolles :shock:
Drivers: VDG & Nasr [-o<
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N

nokivasara
nokivasara

Starscreamer wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:BBC reporting Colin Kolles is involved in the plan to take over the team:

I don't really care to see VDG in the Sauber after he took Ericssons racing overalls and walked around as he was a driver already, it was extremely disrespectful against Ericsson.
Maybe VDG has a valid contract but the dispute is still not settled between him and Sauber, Ericsson and Nasr doesn't have anything to do with VDG being left without a seat.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

nokivasara wrote:
Starscreamer wrote:

I don't really care to see VDG in the Sauber after he took Ericssons racing overalls and walked around as he was a driver already, it was extremely disrespectful against Ericsson.
Maybe VDG has a valid contract but the dispute is still not settled between him and Sauber, Ericsson and Nasr doesn't have anything to do with VDG being left without a seat.
+2

I'm glad Nasr showed what he's worth and Sauber's potential. Unsurprisingly but quite disappointing to see Ericsson's performance. That Sauber had a lot more potential than what he got out of it. Shame. Apart from that, GvdG would not have done any better, despite what the fanboys are wetdreaming about. A Sainz or Verstappen would have gotten that car to a much better spot though.

Could care much less about vdG. Yes, Sauber made a mess, but Kolles back in a responsive role is a pure nightmare. Boekhoorn imho isn't a positive assett either for F1. Again, I have zero interest in any form of fanboyism and have zero room for a nationalistic handicap. Only have to go back a couple of years with the Spyker failure.

I was shocked about the way Sauber handled or dealt with the GvdG gate, but i'm back to my respect and happyness for the Sauber team. Nasr was a damn good choice and the team looks way different.
Definately my favourite team in the way it transformed, and that livery is killer. Both the car, aswell as the outfits. Those overalls are just stunning.
All shows Sauber actually have done a stellar job. It's a shame this vdgarde-gate has made people totally dispise and barf out Kaltenborn, whilst the truth of the matter is, on a motorsport level, she actually has a points scoring team that is in an unexpected position in the championship. Imagine that.

Just think about if for a second if bigmouth VdG did not shout to all the media about their issues and kept it respectfully within the team and outside of media attention. All that would have been read about would be a newsline saying after a contract breach between former Sauber test driver Guido van der Garde and Sauber Motorsport AG an agreement was met and both parties have resolved their issues. Nothing more, nothing less and people would be absolutely praising and hailing the reborn Sauber team.

Instead, the VdG party made a clown circus out of it all and made a media mess of everything sauber.

I hope this double-points finish will grant Sauber a good amount of $$ where they can simply slam the money back to the vdG camp and wave them goodbye.

Glad to see Sauber in the position they are in now, and it deserves extra respect on their achievements achieving this with so much stress and stuff going on and the missing of crucial free practice sessions. kudos to Sauber and kudos also to Kaltenborn having Sauber back to solid ground.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Per
Per

Manoah2u wrote:Just think about if for a second if bigmouth VdG did not shout to all the media about their issues and kept it respectfully within the team and outside of media attention.
Newsflash, he tried that from the end of November until early March, to no avail because Sauber chose not to cooperate in any form whatsoever. I can't believe how you can just neglect that. That has nothing to do with fanboyism. You on the other hand admit that this is definitely your favourite team. Pot, kettle.

bdr529

nokivasara wrote:
Starscreamer wrote:

I'm sure he had to do that, just to fulfill his part of the contract and not leaving doors open for Sauber to use his absence at the track as some form of breach of contract, Ericsson's overalls were probably the closest to VDG's size
I really don't think he was disrespecting Ericsson, just covering is own ass

bdr529

I found this on Crash.net from Friday
van der Garde has been seen in the paddock today and arrived to undergo a seat fitting – wearing Marcus Ericsson's overalls - ahead of FP1, though this is potentially to fulfil obligations of the contract as enforced by the Supreme Court this week rather than be a sign of either his race chances or whether he is replacing the Swede rather than Nasr.
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/215471/1/v ... es-on.html
And I checked Sauber's website for driver hights: --Felipe Nasr- 1.75m / Marcus Ericsson- 1.80m / Giedo van der Garde- 1.83m
nokivasara
" it was extremely disrespectful"
I'd say that might be a little harsh, when in reality VDG was just put in that position

FW17

But Peter Sauber says that is not going to happen.

"Without Monisha Kaltenborn," the 71-year-old Swiss told Blick newspaper on Sunday, "there would be no Sauber."

Sauber also told the Neue Zercher Zeitung newspaper: "I would not have bought the team back (from BMW) six years ago if she had not declared her willingness to participate.

"It was a joint decision," he revealed, "and for me I was very, very lucky to have her in this position.

"Many other teams in the paddock would also be very lucky to have this woman," added Sauber.

Godius

Today Dutch newspaper Telegraaf reported that Ecclestone did some last minute mediation between vdg & sauber that resulted into a lump sum payment to vdg & a partial share/stock transfer agreement towards Boekhoorn (McGregor).

Starscreamer

I can't take this serious if you can't spell GIEDO
Giedo is maybe not a killer but hè is just as good as Perez, Webber etc.
In the GP2 hè was doeing well better then Marcus.
It's Saubers own fault of this! Don't blame Giedo!
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N

Moxie
Moxie

Manoah2u wrote:
I'm glad Nasr showed what he's worth and Sauber's potential. Unsurprisingly but quite disappointing to see Ericsson's performance. That Sauber had a lot more potential than what he got out of it. Shame. Apart from that, GvdG would not have done any better, despite what the fanboys are wetdreaming about. A Sainz or Verstappen would have gotten that car to a much better spot though.

Could care much less about vdG. Yes, Sauber made a mess, but Kolles back in a responsive role is a pure nightmare. Boekhoorn imho isn't a positive assett either for F1. Again, I have zero interest in any form of fanboyism and have zero room for a nationalistic handicap. Only have to go back a couple of years with the Spyker failure.

I was shocked about the way Sauber handled or dealt with the GvdG gate, but i'm back to my respect and happyness for the Sauber team. Nasr was a damn good choice and the team looks way different.
Definately my favourite team in the way it transformed, and that livery is killer. Both the car, aswell as the outfits. Those overalls are just stunning.
All shows Sauber actually have done a stellar job. It's a shame this vdgarde-gate has made people totally dispise and barf out Kaltenborn, whilst the truth of the matter is, on a motorsport level, she actually has a points scoring team that is in an unexpected position in the championship. Imagine that.

Just think about if for a second if bigmouth VdG did not shout to all the media about their issues and kept it respectfully within the team and outside of media attention. All that would have been read about would be a newsline saying after a contract breach between former Sauber test driver Guido van der Garde and Sauber Motorsport AG an agreement was met and both parties have resolved their issues. Nothing more, nothing less and people would be absolutely praising and hailing the reborn Sauber team.

Instead, the VdG party made a clown circus out of it all and made a media mess of everything sauber.

I hope this double-points finish will grant Sauber a good amount of $$ where they can simply slam the money back to the vdG camp and wave them goodbye.

Glad to see Sauber in the position they are in now, and it deserves extra respect on their achievements achieving this with so much stress and stuff going on and the missing of crucial free practice sessions. kudos to Sauber and kudos also to Kaltenborn having Sauber back to solid ground.
I too am happy to see that this struggling team had a good result, but in all fairness to VDG, he paid 8M euros for that seat. Kaltenborn kept the money but then sold the seat to another driver. Do you really think VDG should just STFU and walk away? If he ever wants to see his 8M euros again, or receive the asset for which he paid he needs to pressure the Kaltenborn to pay up before Sauber Motorsport becomes insolvent. It is perfectly reasonable that he use the media to his advantage, after all Sauber Motorsport took 8M euros from him.

I do hope that Sauber has a good year, but we should also be realistic about the possibility of bankruptcy. A good year is no guarantee of greater fortunes. VDG needs to keep the pressure on, and if Kaltenborn continues her M.O. of foot dragging and negotiating in bad faith, VDG will be justified, and strategically correct in creating a spectacle.

Sniffit

Moxie wrote: If he ever wants to see his 8M euros again, or receive the asset for which he paid he needs to pressure the Kaltenborn to pay up before Sauber Motorsport becomes insolvent. It is perfectly reasonable that he use the media to his advantage, after all Sauber Motorsport took 8M euros from him.
Not necessarily, if they had a confidentiality clause in case of disagreements (which they seemed to have) or in the arbitrament who usually include such provisions, leking to the media is not adviceable.