Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Andres125sx

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Supposing that´s true....

How much faster they will be with 150hp more? More or less obviously

Mui
Mui

Andres125sx wrote:Supposing that´s true....

How much faster they will be with 150hp more? More or less obviously
Some say that Ferrari were 60hp down from Mercedes last year. Last year Ferrari were 1s slower. So around 2.5s?

mikeerfol

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote: in Japanese press yesterday a Honda engineer said they think PU has the same MAX output as Mercedes when fully operational.
I guess they mean last year's Mercedes?

mclaren111

I wish we could get Ross Brawn. He would be the perfect guy to lead McLaren back [-o<

mclaren111

bit1817: I remember McLaren was always saying - it's easier to make a fast car reliable, than making a realiable car fast.
I agree.

And look at Renualt currently. This is proof of how difficult this technology is and both are sure they can solve their problems.

maguetox
maguetox

mclaren111 wrote:I wish we could get Ross Brawn. He would be the perfect guy to lead McLaren back [-o<
I agree with you. McLaren-Honda have a lot of nice Coronels but they need a five star General, that General is Ross Brawn.

zeph
zeph

Ron Dennis and Ross Brawn in the same team? Not gonna happen.

Henne

maguetox wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:I wish we could get Ross Brawn. He would be the perfect guy to lead McLaren back [-o<
I agree with you. McLaren-Honda have a lot of nice Coronels but they need a five star General, that General is Ross Brawn.
Nut sure if Ross would still be the 5 star General you're talking about after those years of fishing. :) Even Ross would need several years to get the team back together as it should be. Ross Brawn is not the key to success. It's a team of Ross Brawn's that lead you to success (or back in the Ferrari Days; Ross, Jean, Michael, ...)

radosav
radosav

How is this situation reflecting on Mclaren's financial position at the end of the season ?
I mean they don't have title sponsor and with this car they will not earn lot of points this season so their share of money earned at the end will not be huge!

Andres125sx

zeph wrote:Ron Dennis and Ross Brawn in the same team? Not gonna happen.
so they should fire Ron first.... it´s looking better and better! =D> :mrgreen:

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Andres125sx wrote:
zeph wrote:Ron Dennis and Ross Brawn in the same team? Not gonna happen.
so they should fire Ron first.... it´s looking better and better! =D> :mrgreen:
The first thing Mclaren did wrong was hire Whitmarsh
the second thing Mclaren did wrong was keep Whitmarsh
The third thing Mclaren did wrong was then hire Eric Bouillier.
The fourth thing they're doing wrong is keeping Eric Bouillier.

take some lessons from Ferrari, Mclaren.

They'll be there eventually this year, but they could have 'been there' from race 1, and they could have been
there the past 3 years aswell if they did what Ferrari did this season's 'switch'.

I'm not entirely sure Ron needs to go, I just think Ron needs to stay at Mclaren Automotive. I do understand he
had to pop up his head at the F1 foray again because nobody was doing their work right.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

JoeE
JoeE

Manoah2u wrote:
The first thing Mclaren did wrong was hire Whitmarsh
the second thing Mclaren did wrong was keep Whitmarsh
The third thing Mclaren did wrong was then hire Eric Bouillier.
The fourth thing they're doing wrong is keeping Eric Bouillier.

take some lessons from Ferrari, Mclaren.

They'll be there eventually this year, but they could have 'been there' from race 1, and they could have been
there the past 3 years aswell if they did what Ferrari did this season's 'switch'.

I'm not entirely sure Ron needs to go, I just think Ron needs to stay at Mclaren Automotive. I do understand he
had to pop up his head at the F1 foray again because nobody was doing their work right.
I like Whitmarsh, but he was to nice. Bouillier am not a fan off, I always feel like hes lying or something. :lol:

I am glad Sam M is gone, but hes left his bloody jinx at the MTC.

Rock and a hard place, guess Ill be drinking plenty of this all season:

maguetox
maguetox

Henne wrote:
maguetox wrote:
Nut sure if Ross would still be the 5 star General you're talking about after those years of fishing. :) Even Ross would need several years to get the team back together as it should be. Ross Brawn is not the key to success. It's a team of Ross Brawn's that lead you to success (or back in the Ferrari Days; Ross, Jean, Michael, ...)
Even after his fishing trips, relaxing and all that beautiful live on the beach, inside he is a "nasty and cold blood" General and I firmly believe that he maybe be is the solution to Mc-H. Contrary to your thinking or believe, I believe that RB is the key to success, If you look back from 1991 with Benetton, Ferrari, Brawn GP until he left Merc all find the winning path and championships, I´m not sure but, no other Technical Director of the new F1 era is more successful than him. Obviously is not only him, he need a team, but he have a natural feeling to know what the team need and he make it happen.

Turbo

What a disappointing debut from Mclaren-Honda. We have been waiting so long for this. I hope they have better luck in Malaysia.

zeph
zeph

Someone on the Autosport forum translated this interview with Yasuhisa Arai:

http://forums.autosport.com/topic/19703 ... try7087634

original article:

http://www.f1-stinger.com/f1-news/news/ ... 055419.php