Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

windwaves
windwaves

acosmichippo wrote:
windwaves wrote:They did not get one thing right.
Well you can't really say that at this point. Sure, the engine has been a huge disappointment so far, but from many accounts the aero seems to be working great, certainly a huge improvement over last year.
I don't have the slightest idea how one could say that. How can you assess the car's aero when the car is just not performing ? I do not think it is possible. This is what some were trying to say last year about Ferrari, just because they needed to find something good to say: car/chassis is good, the engine (PU omg) is the problem. B/S. Both were crap.

The car is fighting for last place and they have to thank marussia for not being last. For me that is not getting one thing right, does not matter what because at the end it all needs to work in synthony. It is a total emabarassment of gigamegagalactic proportions. No escape from it. Button can say whatever he says, what could he say really :) ?!

trinidefender
trinidefender

windwaves wrote:
acosmichippo wrote:
windwaves wrote:They did not get one thing right.
Well you can't really say that at this point. Sure, the engine has been a huge disappointment so far, but from many accounts the aero seems to be working great, certainly a huge improvement over last year.
I don't have the slightest idea how one could say that. How can you assess the car's aero when the car is just not performing ? I do not think it is possible. This is what some were trying to say last year about Ferrari, just because they needed to find something good to say: car/chassis is good, the engine (PU omg) is the problem. B/S. Both were crap.

The car is fighting for last place and they have to thank marussia for not being last. For me that is not getting one thing right, does not matter what because at the end it all needs to work in synthony. It is a total emabarassment of gigamegagalactic proportions. No escape from it. Button can say whatever he says, what could he say really :) ?!
While we are on the topic of impulsive opinions based on very little information let me go ahead and make my impulsive decision. Based on FP2 where JB ended up 7th and FA ended up 11th in FP2 I think they are brilliant and are so fast they can affect the worlds orbit....

....now back to reality. FP1 was a test session where there were many new features on their car. No piece is going to work exactly 100% of how you expect therefore the more new pieces on the car! the more time you have to spend dialling in the new components, I.e. The more time that needs to be spent on setup. McLaren ran FP1, collected data and changed what they needed to change in FP2 and the car has shown considerable improvement. Granted the change in track temperature may have something to do with this.

Let's all wait till FP3 to see if what they have learnt from the two cars in FP1 and 2 has been used and see where the cars stand for this race.

windwaves
windwaves

excuse me Mr trinidefender, are you try to deny the reality of the disastrous season so far for MCL ? that is a fact.
Are you trying to deny the disastrous testing sessions in pre-season? that is a fact.

Yes they showed good stuff in FP2 and I can only hope it is the beginning of a come back. However, no matter what, it will take a long time for the team to get back around the top, where they belong.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

windwaves wrote:excuse me Mr trinidefender, are you try to deny the reality of the disastrous season so far for MCL ? that is a fact.
Are you trying to deny the disastrous testing sessions in pre-season? that is a fact.

Yes they showed good stuff in FP2 and I can only hope it is the beginning of a come back. However, no matter what, it will take a long time for the team to get back around the top, where they belong.
excuse you mr windwaves, are you constantly trying to put mclaren down? that is a fact too. jeesh give it a rest.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Andres125sx

7th and 11th in FP2....

8th and 11th, those were the final positions of McLaren drivers on 2014 season, so looks like they´re not that far from what they used to be :twisted: :mrgreen:

nevill3

Martin Brundle on Sky was at the last chicane watching the handling of the cars in FP2 and said the McLaren looked a handful and appeared to have poor mid range throttle control. The Honda engine was popping/sounding rough.

The most stable car was "silver" though.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

radosav
radosav

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXfeQ3mc ... ata_player[/youtube]
At least they didn't lose sense of humor!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

radosav wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXfeQ3mc ... ata_player
At least they didn't lose sense of humor!
that was great response :mrgreen: :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

willmesquita

P11 & P14...Q2?

To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

proteus

Q2 will be the order of today. Q3 is still out of reach
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

mikeerfol

Traffic for both drivers, we'll have to wait for quali to see their true potential.

Miguel
Miguel

mikeerfol wrote:Traffic for both drivers, we'll have to wait for quali to see their true potential.
Alonso's last Q2 lap seemed quite bad, especially on S2. However, Q3 was out of reach. I can't see them making it in Monaco either if Brundle's impression on drivability still holds in a week.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

mikeerfol

Miguel wrote:
mikeerfol wrote:Traffic for both drivers, we'll have to wait for quali to see their true potential.
Alonso's last Q2 lap seemed quite bad, especially on S2. However, Q3 was out of reach. I can't see them making it in Monaco either if Brundle's impression on drivability still holds in a week.
Well there will be SS and S in Monaco so that's a different story..

Felipe 92

Miguel wrote:
He made a mistake on his last Q2 lap in turn 7.