Dario Franchitti gets airbourne

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Carlos wrote:......making products and technology serve a social purpose delivering human benefits.
Similar notion to "The Invisible Hand" :?:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Carlos
Carlos

mx_tifosi. Perhaps yes ... "The Invisible Hand" of good design; products, process, infrastructure - that work so well with such efficency, economy and very little negitive side effects - That they seem to be "Invisible" While those people contributing to the design and creation , derive a benefit and satisfaction resulting from their work.

Perhaps a reference to Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations" ; which I have never read ... except for bits and pieces. Good ideas come from many sources. I'll visit the library.

Thanks for the suggestion mx_tifosi

Edited

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Carlos:
Yes, "The Wealth of Nations" is where "The Invisible Hand" originates from. A very wise theory by Adam Smith.

Economics is certainly an interesting subject, seeing how many of its theories/ideas apply to other fields.

Your welcome. If I could of any help, anytime, I am glad to do so.

:arrow: http://plus.maths.org/issue14/features/smith/
------------------------------
Regarding Ciro's most recent idea, it is quite interesting, as most of his ideas are. But it does not seem to be applicable nor practical.

Going back to Tomba's post about "Multiple brake pads on one disc". If the weight of a few more pads would increase unsprung weight, simply picture the amount of weight that would be added by including "Ciro's Crazy Anti-fly Bars" at the front wing.

Aspects of the car that would need re-designing would include weight distribution, aerodynamics, and frontal crash-impact design (AFAIK).

And I'm sure they would make tire changes a lot more difficult as well.

Good luck Ciro. :wink:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Belatti
Belatti

I think "Ciro's Crazy Anti-fly Bars" would lift the car anyway.

And yes, they are ugly, makes me remember go-karts for rental, where they put lots of protections (in order to seva money in repairs) that are heavy and makes the go-kart accelerate like my grandma.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Franchitti's advantures in the atmosphere have many causes, the most evident is that wheeel to wheel contact occured. Once that occurs, we usually see a FUBAR. (f**ked up beyond all recognition)
But of all open wheel motorsports, IRL creates the environment where we can see open wheel cars going around an oval side by side, for countless laps. It's the very nature of IRL that these cars run the elevated risk of wheel stouching.
We all have a mental picture of what an open wheel formula car is, and two things seen in common is exposed wheels, and exposed driver helmets.
For me, I see only two distinct solutions. Either enclose the wheels and possibly change the cars beyond recognition and lose fan base, or enclose the driver, giving him a totally sealed driver safety cell.

Belatti
Belatti

I would like to see that, Dave...

A totally sealed driver safety cell in an open wheeler... maybe someone from the forum can draw that... it would be an intermediate between and F1 and LM series car...

Lit the torch... you go now...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

Belatti
Belatti

+

=

:?:

cossie
cossie

Champ Car has push to pass

IRl has push to FLY