Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Andres125sx

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Dipesh1995 wrote:Alonso believes that finishing p9 or p10 was possible had the brake failure not have happened. Maybe it looks worse than it actually is.
He said simulations put him p8 or p9, and that´s what it looked like until the brake failure, so I don´t think it´s that bad

Button says he didn´t feel the rear end for the first 30 laps, and he´s never that scared on a F1 car! So he obviously had serious problems

Not a race to conclude what´s McLaren real perfomance

Mesteño

And this is rumorology, but an engineer of a top team supposedly said this gp was not good for conclusions because of the changing new Pirelli tires.
https://twitter.com/diegofmejia/status/ ... 7596654593 He is journalist.

Thunder

Alonso is clearly sabotaging the Team and wants to get out of his Contract. :D :D
https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/stat ... 6839875584
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

He's not even willing to testdrive :D

windwaves
windwaves

Andres125sx wrote:
Dipesh1995 wrote:Alonso believes that finishing p9 or p10 was possible had the brake failure not have happened. Maybe it looks worse than it actually is.
He said simulations put him p8 or p9, and that´s what it looked like until the brake failure, so I don´t think it´s that bad

Button says he didn´t feel the rear end for the first 30 laps, and he´s never that scared on a F1 car! So he obviously had serious problems

A race is a race is a race. Teams do not get to chose which ones count for performance evaluation (or anything). The only performance that counts is results at races. Zero points means performance is zero. Points are the same in Spain as everywhere else.

Alonso says we C O U L D have been P9-P10. Bravo. I hope he knows what he is talking about. Usually he does. But the break failure did happen.

True, this GP is total crap because apparently it is impossible to overtake but it is in the calendar and everyone is there to try and do their best. By the way, why is it in the calendar ? I don't really understand these tracks where it is so difficult to pass, or is it the cars ? (may be for another thread)

windwaves
windwaves

Jef Patat wrote:He's not even willing to testdrive :D

did he tell you that ?

I did notice that neither Kimi nor Vettel are doing any test for Ferrari, oooops, bad boys bad boys, not willing to do their work, omg!

Thunder

You should check your Irony Detector, it seems broken.
#aerogollum

windwaves
windwaves

Thunders wrote:You should check your Irony Detector, it seems broken.
help me out here, what are you talking about ??

Oooops. I get it, sorry ! I did not truly detect any sarcasm. But don't get me wrong, I get yours, not Patata's, I think he is not really being sarcastic..

Andres125sx

windwaves wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

A race is a race is a race. Teams do not get to chose which ones count for performance evaluation (or anything). The only performance that counts is results at races. Zero points means performance is zero.
So a brake failure due to a tear-off blocking disc ventilation is a sign of how low is car perfomance?

windwaves
windwaves

Andres125sx wrote:
windwaves wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:[Alonso believes that finishing p9 or p10 was possible had the brake failure not have happened. Maybe it looks worse than it actually is

A race is a race is a race. Teams do not get to chose which ones count for performance evaluation (or anything). The only performance that counts is results at races. Zero points means performance is zero.
So a brake failure due to a tear-off blocking disc ventilation is a sign of how low is car perfomance?
DNF is DNF is DNF. Until then Alonso was 13th or so. He did not finish hence best inference, he could have finished 13th. Button finished last. That is a measure of performance. Not the brake failure ! All the rest is b/s or day dreaming. Who cares whether it was a tear-off or a mosquito in his buttock :)

Now, Alonso said that he could have finished 9th or 10th, that would be nice, I hope he is right and will do so next time. Really.

mikeerfol

Vasconia

Mesteño wrote:
McLaren-Honda. A marriage in crisis?

"A couple of races I was talking to one of his engineers and told me they were tired of the Japanese" said Jorda to the SER

"He said the Japanese want to try all the things two or three times but McLaren internal engineers say they know that will not work and it is better to go another way. That is what is making them lose much time, " she continued.

http://www.thebestf1.es/mclaren-honda-u ... en-crisis/#
Five races and already a crisis?? I hope this is not true.

It is weird that Alonso is not going to take part during the tests. He is one of the drivers who have always complained abut the lack of time to test the cars. :|

Thunder

First i wouldn't read too much into a statement from Carmen Jorda (with all due respect) as i don't believe she is that well connected in the Mclaren F1 Team to get actual insider Informations.

Second regarding Alonso not driving in the Tests. Afaik one Day of the in Season tests has to be reserved for a Rookie Driver (Turvey in that Case), that leaves one Day for a Race Pilot. And since they cycle new updates between Alonso and Button i would think they do that with Test Days too. Meaning the next in Season Test will most likely be Vandoorne/Alonso.
#aerogollum

mclaren111

Autosport:
Barcelona F1 test: McLaren-Honda to experiment heavily - McLaren-Honda will use this week's in-season test at Barcelona to assess a raft of new mechanical and aerodynamic parts in a bid to ignite its 2015 Formula 1 season.
Glad to see. Lets hope it works well and they can get a lot of miles under their belt ! [-o<

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

windwaves wrote:But don't get me wrong, I get yours, not Patata's, I think he is not really being sarcastic..
Oh boy.
You shouldn't think that much ;-) (And before you get it wrong: this is a joke)

I was under the impression that people take it for obvious that Alonse is not 'not willing' to testdrive. If I'll have to explain every joke ... #-o

It's pretty obvious that a F1 driver is not going to say: "nah, I don't feel like it, I don't want the team to develop the car to my taste, I'm taking a week off, just take a rookie" and neither will the team.

So, ..., thunders beat me to it, but here you go: http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/128 ... elona-test

I have to remind myself: Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience