Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Good Interview with Jonathan Neale:

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... or-mclaren
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Gary

mikeerfol wrote:Just a favor: Because of Autosport's limited free views is it possible to post the title of the article as well? (Not just you Thunders, this is for everyone)
:)
Mike, autosport lifted the remarks from AFP, to whom Boullier uttered them. So you can see the same quotes freely here: http://www.afp.com/en/news/mclaren-keen ... game-honda

If I'm reading Japanese corporate psychology correctly, Eric's remarks will be a long way from helpful. He looked like he was floundering around, making little sense and digging a big hole.

Vasconia

damager21 wrote:I think Alonso deserves a lot of praise for keeping his calm so far. He is a double world champion who was not entirely sure if Ferrari could help him win his third title so shifted to McLaren. While he would have known that McLaren Honda will not win this year, he would'nt have expected such a slow and unreliable car.

It would be so painful not having scored a single point in the first 7 races this season. I read somewhere that this is the worst start of his career. In fact even at Minardi he scored a point in the first 7 race. A driver of his calibre truly deserves better and its time for McLaren Honda to deliver. Honda needs to get its act right. Hopefully the updated package at Austria improves pace, drive ability and reliability as well.
They truly need a b-spec car, right now. This is Mclaren´s worst season and its simply pathetic.

Alonso is being more patient than he has usually been during this career. I am surprised but he needs to be like that, he decided to leave Ferrari so he has to live with it.

RicME85

mikeerfol wrote:Just a favor: Because of Autosport's limited free views is it possible to post the title of the article as well? (Not just you Thunders, this is for everyone)
They upped the limit recently.
Register for a free account and you now get 60 page views, double what it was.

mikeerfol

Gary wrote:
Mike, autosport lifted the remarks from AFP, to whom Boullier uttered them. So you can see the same quotes freely here: http://www.afp.com/en/news/mclaren-keen ... game-honda
Thanks for that link :)

@RicME85 didn't know it was for a free account, thanks.

windwaves
windwaves

Thunders wrote:
windwaves wrote:However, for once he just said it how it is: amateurs.
To be fair, he didn't call the Team Amateurs. Hes said he is looking like an Amateur with all the Fuel saving.... (At least that's how i interpret it.)

Edit: Autosport Article on that.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119376
correct. That was me extending the idea ;)

windwaves
windwaves

George-Jung wrote:
wickedz50 wrote:Alonso is hungry for his 3rd WDC but now he should show patience which he showed with Ferrari over the years.
Only difference is that during his Ferrari period he never had such a bad car.. not even last year..
yep, of course. And he certainly did not expect it would be this bad !

Of course he did not expect to "win" this year either, he is not an idiot. However one thing is to believe in a project and make the decision to switch teams, another is to realize how bad the situation is whereby the likelihood for him to be in a position to fight for the title in 2,3 years is slowly but surely fading away.

Thunder

Vasconia wrote: They truly need a b-spec car, right now.
Of course that would help (and mind you big Upgrades for Austria and Silverstone are coming) but even if they had the absolute best Chassis in the Field (and i daresay their Chassis is not soo far off the Ferrari) it wouldn't help without an Engine that is at least halfway competitive.

And there are of Course Tracks incoming that fit the Mclaren better.
#aerogollum

wickedz50
wickedz50

All that I see now is Mclaren needs time to sort out their issues. I wonder how much in-house testing Honda could have managed with the current regulations. Is there any chance that Mclarens pulls out of this year championship mid season and completly concentrate on 2016 development and on track testing at some location? Intensive testing and development looks key here. Target is to develop a reliable monster PU and turbo for 2016 which will be way ahead of others. Take time than jump too sooner into the ocean. As an old Mclaren fan I do not want them to race this season. They are not yet prepared.

Thunder

Hopes are high for the Udates in Austria and UK.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1 ... et-5848108?

I know it's the Mirror but i guess they should at least get Buttons Quotes right, right?
#aerogollum

Gaz.
Gaz.

ChrisF1 wrote:
damager21 wrote:It would be so painful not having scored a single point in the first 7 races this season. I read somewhere that this is the worst start of his career. In fact even at Minardi he scored a point in the first 7 race.
FYI, Fernando Alonso had a best finish of 10th place in 2001 with Minardi, and the points were only 10-6-4-3-2-1 then.
For the first 7 races:

2001: 12th, 13th, RET, RET, 13th, RET, RET.
2015: DNA, RET, 12th, 11th, RET, RET, RET.

A solitary 11th place but more retirements, plus he was ruled out of Oz on medical grounds. :)
Forza Jules

ME4ME

Mclaren Honda in their current form stands no change on the high speed circuits. They simply lack a bit of power, very much like the Renault powered teams. The thing they need to do is getting reliable so they can race properly when getting to circuits that suit them more. I'm amazed they haven't solved their reliability issues, having the rumoured 30 dyno's running 24/7 and having an enormous budget available :(

Vasconia

Thunders wrote:Hopes are high for the Udates in Austria and UK.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1 ... et-5848108?

I know it's the Mirror but i guess they should at least get Buttons Quotes right, right?
I am more interested on the new PU package because the bigger problems are related to it. Cross your fingers because if these updates dont work.. #-o

mclaren111

I get the BBC commentary here in SA and David Couldhard said on Sunday that McLaren's qualifying time was almost exactly the same as last year and he said it must be a positive for the team as Mercedes are better by 0.5sec and Ferrari over 1sec.

2014:
Q1 Q2 Q3
9 Jenson Button McLaren 1:16.631 1:16.214 1:16.182
12 Kevin Magnussen McLaren 1:16.446 1:16.310

2015:
Q2
14 Fernando Alonso McLaren 1: 16.276

Surely then, if we look at the Honda PU at 70% to 80% and a new undeveloped Chassis, there is a lot to be optimistic about for next year :D :D

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Gaz. wrote:
ChrisF1 wrote:
damager21 wrote:It would be so painful not having scored a single point in the first 7 races this season. I read somewhere that this is the worst start of his career. In fact even at Minardi he scored a point in the first 7 race.
FYI, Fernando Alonso had a best finish of 10th place in 2001 with Minardi, and the points were only 10-6-4-3-2-1 then.
For the first 7 races:

2001: 12th, 13th, RET, RET, 13th, RET, RET.
2015: DNA, RET, 12th, 11th, RET, RET, RET.

A solitary 11th place but more retirements, plus he was ruled out of Oz on medical grounds. :)
Not exactly sure what you're trying to prove, I was just stating that the original post was incorrect - Alonso didn't score a point in the first 7 races with Minardi, and he actually never scored a point for them at all.