Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
damager21
damager21

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1 ... et-5848108

As per this article Button said
“For the next race we have a new aero package, a lot of different things on the car.

“There is a new engine package, a lot of things coming to Austria and then another step at Silverstone.

If they were to bring a new engine package would'nt that mean that Honda is planning to use more tokens Or are they planning to make changes on pretext of reliability and bring some updates without using tokens?

Upgraded engine would mean penalty in Austria for both Alonso and Button as Alonso just took the fourth engine while Button took fifth in Canada.

tuj
tuj

They might as well take engine penalties every race and just figure out how to run the thing at full power for next year at this point.

windwaves
windwaves

tuj wrote:They might as well take engine penalties every race and just figure out how to run the thing at full power for next year at this point.

yes ! that is exactly what they are supposed to do, forget about results. Just use each race for test, test, test

nevill3

Button has only used four engines so far, his penalty on Sunday was for using a fifth MGU-H and turbo charger.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

godlameroso

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclar ... da-recover

Does this mean that Honda haven't been sharing details with McLaren? Really if they want to win they have to set aside things like 'protecting intellectual property' and things like that. Honestly I think it benefits both parties that they start helping each other design the best solution instead of each entity fulfilling one specialized role. I understand that McLaren could learn details about manufacturing that would help their road car business, but Honda also needs to realize that they could learn a thing or two about chassis development from McLaren as their current cars are not exactly marvels of engineering or any more reliable than before.
Saishū kōnā

Phil

I think that's hardly fair to say - it's not as if Honda and McLaren are competing for the same market segment in their road car division. And the NSX wasn't a bad car either back in its day. Intellectual property is a big deal; especially in engine production I could imagine. Which is why I wonder if a coorporation/partnership like Honda-Mclaren or Redbull-Renaul, Sauber-Ferrari etc would ever be as strong as a "in-house" team like Mercedes and Ferrari, or earlier Renault when they were their own manufacturer and race-team. Then again, as engines get closer to the freeze and narrow in performance, this may be less of a factor again. But for now, as development is still high on these engines, it perhaps is.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Thunder

And again Mirror, but once again it's the quotes that count, not the Rest. ^^

Jonathan Neale about Fernandos refusal to save Fuel:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1 ... ns-5859400

I really like his Attitude. =D> =D>
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Vasconia

Thunders wrote:And again Mirror, but once again it's the quotes that count, not the Rest. ^^

It makes sense to me. The current situation is quite hard for the drivers so you need to give them some room to fight even if it is not apparently the best choice.

windwaves
windwaves

Thunders wrote:And again Mirror, but once again it's the quotes that count, not the Rest. ^^

Finally someone with some bloody needed BALLS. How refreshing ...... "say the way it is", IOW stop the bs .... OMG, this sounds soooo goooood.

We leave in such a world of BS and PC.

I love you Alonso (nobody is perfect). Thank you Neale for your genuine comments !!!

mikeerfol

According to this guy McLaren passed the nose crash test!
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 0619009025

Thunder

Good News if true. I must say i am a little excited for the Austria/UK Updates.
#aerogollum

mikeerfol

Same here, hopefully they won't let us down :lol:

mclaren111

We have to keep in mind that there are 2 Testing Days after the race.

I would not be surprised if it is not raced in Austria :( :cry:

I really hope the new package work as intended [-o< [-o<

Thunder

So what Version of a Short Nose could it be? Will it be a Williams/RB/TR Version with a Stub, the Mercedes/Lotus Version or something completely different? What would fit the McLaren Aero best?
#aerogollum

FW17

Thunders wrote:So what Version of a Short Nose could it be? Will it be a Williams/RB/TR Version with a Stub, the Mercedes/Lotus Version or something completely different? What would fit the McLaren Aero best?

For sure it is either

or