Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Samraj_official

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

anyone having MP4-18/19 nosecone dreams please stop it, coz adrian newey designed the low noses for mp4-18/19/20 in order for the under side of the nose to interact with the front wing......plz remember current cars have mandatory neutral section so thats zero use in designing slim low nose, RB11,FW37 noses are the best concepts as of current formula

McMrocks
McMrocks

And that is the problem. We'd need a former F1 aerodynamicist writing the rules.

He could write rules that lead to low noses and what ever else is desired (good looking cars). FIA's minimum area rules are just plain stupid

Thunder

I think it will be quite similar to the RB11.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Samraj_official

McMrocks wrote:And that is the problem. We'd need a former F1 aerodynamicist writing the rules.

He could write rules that lead to low noses and what ever else is desired (good looking cars). FIA's minimum area rules are just plain stupid
and there lies the problem, if you allow adrian newey into designing the rules he would end up what suits his team the best and might start with an advantage easily.......

mrluke
mrluke

McMrocks wrote:And that is the problem. We'd need a former F1 aerodynamicist writing the rules.

The problem is that the rules should be for safety / competition not for designing the look of the cars.

Pierce89

Samraj_official wrote:anyone having MP4-18/19 nosecone dreams please stop it, coz adrian newey designed the low noses for mp4-18/19/20 in order for the under side of the nose to interact with the front wing......plz remember current cars have mandatory neutral section so thats zero use in designing slim low nose, RB11,FW37 noses are the best concepts as of current formula
Oh and where did you find out that the Red Bull/Williams design is a better solution than the Merc nose? I see no evidence to support such a claim.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Samraj_official

Pierce89 wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:anyone having MP4-18/19 nosecone dreams please stop it, coz adrian newey designed the low noses for mp4-18/19/20 in order for the under side of the nose to interact with the front wing......plz remember current cars have mandatory neutral section so thats zero use in designing slim low nose, RB11,FW37 noses are the best concepts as of current formula
Oh and where did you find out that the Red Bull/Williams design is a better solution than the Merc nose? I see no evidence to support such a claim.
I am an mechanical engineer but i have no experience on aero in terms on viewing it openly i thought you would question me at first place any way RB and williams noses seems to allow more air just visually and merc,LOTUS noses allows clean undisrupted air if a bit low volume undernose

Pierce89

Samraj_official wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
I am an mechanical engineer but i have no experience on aero in terms on viewing it openly i thought you would question me at first place any way RB and williams noses seems to allow more air just visually and merc,LOTUS noses allows clean undisrupted air if a bit low volume undernose
I just don't like people making assertions, without supporting evidence. I was asking why you were so sure in your statement.

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Samraj_official

calm bro i am not making my point that my statemaents are correct and i am free for corrections :mrgreen:

Pierce89

Samraj_official wrote:calm bro i am not making my point that my statemaents are correct and i am free for corrections :mrgreen:
You seem to be misinterpreting me. My point is that on a technical forum you should give your reasonig/evidence even if it's just anecdotal or an opinion. Personally, I have no issues with you. I'm just trying to help you contribute in a meaningful way, as F1T is first and foremost a "technical " forum.

Samraj_official

Pierce89 wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:calm bro i am not making my point that my statemaents are correct and i am free for corrections :mrgreen:
You seem to be misinterpreting me. My point is that on a technical forum you should give your reasonig/evidence even if it's just anecdotal or an opinion. Personally, I have no issues with you. I'm just trying to help you contribute in a meaningful way, as F1T is first and foremost a "technical " forum.
next time onwards i will tell something with enough supporting evidence. CLEAR!!!!! :mrgreen:

windwaves
windwaves

Manor rumored to get Honda PUs next year.

This is the best news of the year fro McL ! someone out there expects Honda to get it right.

Ooops, it is Manor, so may be I am being naïve.
After all I don't even know why on earth Manor is allowed to race in F1.

Samraj_official

manor will certainly be strong next year . i dont expect them to be in the midfield but considerably closer to the midfield boosted by bell,luca fabretto etc., ................................................but honda PU? =D>

jfxavier
jfxavier

http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/06/15/mano ... from-2016/

Looks like manor owes money to McLaren & some business deals could be worked out to settle that.

ollandos
ollandos

honda pu i think is much cheaper than ferrari that time.....