Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FoxHound

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Cold Fussion wrote: If you had a problematic ICE, mgu-h and mgu-k, do you think you will be allowed to change the block, head, pistons, crank, mgu-h, mgu-k etc all under the pretext of reliability? There is quite obviously a limit to what can be changed and wholesale changes to the engine are not going to be allowed by the FIA.

Integration, and how MGU-h/MGU-k operate with the engine, combined with the recuperation and turbo efficiency is where the major performance gains are. But ICE upgrades occur and they don't even need tokens :D

Honda have already changed the turbo according to Auto motor und sport and TJ13...
http://thejudge13.com/2015/06/02/honda- ... rbo-in-f1/

And regarding the token free upgrade for a piston....
That said, the RA615 H problems have not been due to a lack of power, if anything the engine has been running capped to improve reliability. However, Honda got a free change of piston design (under safety and cost exemptions) for the Barcelona test, and so some of their reliability issues have now improved
JET set

bauc

The form of the Honda package is not acceptable anymore, they are back to pre-season form with barely doing few laps
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Andres125sx

damager21 wrote:I think Alonso clipped Kimi's rear so if not engine penalty, I expect Alonso to serve penalty for causing that collision.
That was my first tought too, but then Alonso said Kimi went out of turn 2 spinning and cars behind went both sides to pass him, he was at his left when he continued spinning in 4-5 gear, lost control and hit him
damager21 wrote:Hope Jenson's retirement is not engine related, with limited running today it would be like running a new engine at Silverstone for both McLaren's.

McLaren Honda not just needs more horsepower but some luck as well. What a shame.
At least there´s some test days now in Austria before going to Silverstone

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

oT v1
oT v1

And what safety risks are there for him/others by a failed intake system sensor?
The Power of Dreams

McG

I turned the channel once Button retired. Went upstairs to change out of my McLaren t shirt then watched Murray win Queens.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

damager21
damager21

oT v1 wrote:And what safety risks are there for him/others by a failed intake system sensor?
YASUHISA ARAI - Honda R&D senior managing officer – chief officer of motorsport
“First and foremost, I am relieved that Fernando is okay. As for Jenson’s car, there was an intake
system sensor failure, which limited the power, so we elected to retire the car.

So they decided to retire as a precaution not to damage his engine. They see potential point scoring opportunity at Silverstone where they don't want more PU related penalties.

“We know that reliability is still an issue, and it is our priority to improve at every race. We will ready ourselves for Silverstone, including power output updates.”

Every time it is about next race where we have more to come. Looks like this is how it will be till July end before we see marginal improvement. Till then it is going to be all positive PR

CjC
CjC

I did hear a few races ago that there was a PU upgrade coming to coincide with the Austria aero upgrade. Was the token usage at Canada the PU update coming early? Or was that planned and the PU upgrade that Arai just remarked on^ the PU upgrade coming a race late? Which coincides with the other major aero upgrade at Silverstone?
Just a fan's point of view

trinidefender
trinidefender

Article from Reuters about Hondas commitment to F1 in the future.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/ ... 21?rpc=401

max_speed
max_speed

honda has made mclaren subject to laugh at. they declare its a test weekend but they fail to test anything. if there so called "safe" mode is so unreliable then i have complete faith that all engine "powerfullness" claims are fraud. they are using race weekends , in season tests to detect reliability problems. who work for them in factory ? are they engineers?.

Thunder

Murphy's Law struck hard this Weekend.....
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alons ... test-plans
#aerogollum

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

I've been thinking about this from the moment Fernando's car was 'ready' and waiting for the package to arrive. What were they going to do if some slipper was made during practice sessions, qualifying? Don't they have spare parts?

The moment that car went airborne that thought crossed my mind again, but then again, didn't Jenson mention there was a package 'almost ready' for his car?

If not, this one can't be blamed on Honda.

Vasconia

They have not been able even to check the new aero packcage. This is a complete disaster.

Andres125sx

Thunders wrote:Murphy's Law struck hard this Weekend.....
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alons ... test-plans
Sure, Marca have published Alonso´s PU seems to be damaged so they´ll need a new allocation, and will receive a new penalty in Silverstone....

http://www.marca.com/2015/06/21/motor/f ... 02505.html

So basically Kimi ruined Alonso´s car from the front to the rear wing, including PU and floor, nothing to be saved except the chasis, and there was a new and lighter version for Silverstone so they can throw the whole car in the trash :shock:

Thunder

Just look at that Picture. Like a Banana.

Also it's awful they have to take the Full engine Penalty for an Accident totally out of their Hands. I mean there was nothing Alonso could have done and his Race was already done after Turn one. Isn't that enough Penalty? I hate these Engine Penalty Rules, completely ridiculous.
#aerogollum