Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bigblue

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Nobody knows. There's endless amounts of speculation on forums though. Trawl through this thread or the autosport forum if you want (but you still won't really know as the team haven't said anything definitive about this).

Facts Only
Facts Only

SunsAnvil wrote:Eddie Jordan?... Remember all those F1 trophies that Eddie won before he stepped down gracefully! Me neither!
Wierd, I remember all the trophies he won in the late 90's. There aren't many men who can say a car with their name on it has won races and challenged for the world championship.

Also I agree with what he says, there does seem to be some correlation between Mclarens road car activity and their F1 performance:

Early 90's Mclaren F1 Road car and sportscar project coincided with a major dip in form
Early 00's Merc SLR project conicided with an innability to match Ferrari and some erratic form
Early 10's MP412c project conicides with a drop off from a dominant position
and then major road car push (650/570/540) coincides with the worst season on record.

Coincidence, maybe but it does seem to have matched up.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

dans79

Phil wrote: It might not always be the popular opinion, but who cares? And at the end of the day, it's still only a single opinion.
Because the average member of the general public is a complete moron, and will believe just about anything. Specially if it comes form a recognizable source.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Andres125sx

SunsAnvil wrote:As I posted in another thread where this came up.... Are we really allowing Eddie Jordan to judge the performance of the Mclaren F1 team and it's top man? Eddie Jordan?... Remember all those F1 trophies that Eddie won before he stepped down gracefully! Me neither!
Phil wrote:So success is a requirement to voice an opinion and his take on the situation, because... hum... us armchair experts who are complete *outsiders* know better or disagree with it?

I for one am happy that we do have people like Eddie who put themselves out there that give us some honest opinion/take without the usual beating around the bush. It might not always be the popular opinion, but who cares? And at the end of the day, it's still only a single opinion. Same applies to the ever as direct Niki Lauda - love him or hate him for it. But past success IMO is utterly irrelevant here (especially since that has a lot more to do with many factors, not just the team-principal or owner, but also budgets and ability of the team itself etc).
I disagree with what EJ said, but even so I´ve been forced to downvote first and upvote second. What a load of BS SunsAnvil, if EJ can provide his opinion then we all should keep quiet forever, ban all forums!! :lol:

proteus

Button will be retained for the next season
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Andres125sx

Now I understand many things... the simulator is very poor, it does not reflect reality, the engine does not rattle at all! :mrgreen:

mclaren111

Guaranteed that is not the real Mclaren simulator :lol: :lol:

Thunder

There may be changes incoming at Honda. Take it with a Tablespoon of Salt though. (The Google translation seems pretty good)

http://f1grandprix.motorionline.com/riv ... scia-arai/
Last edited by Thunder on 08 Jul 2015, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Vasconia

Thunders wrote:There may be changes incoming at Honda. Take it with a Tablespoon of Salt though. (The Google transition seems pretty good)

Without using the translator I can understand that Arai and the rest of the Honda staff will be out soon. I think this is great because Boulier is always complaining about the lack of feedback from Honda when they send them some ideas to improve the engine.

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Andres125sx wrote:Now I understand many things... the simulator is very poor, it does not reflect reality, the engine does not rattle at all! :mrgreen:
The engine hopefully won't break,
it does not reflect reality,
but I wouldn't call those things poor. This is an old vid (2014) and is showing an at that time old simulator.

Andres125sx

Jef, it was just a joke wich came to mind when I heard how smooth the engine sound is on the simulator ;)

j.yank
j.yank

Thunders wrote:There may be changes incoming at Honda. Take it with a Tablespoon of Salt though. (The Google translation seems pretty good)

I would not say this is a reliable source. Sounds more like sensational rather informative.

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Andres125sx wrote:Jef, it was just a joke wich came to mind when I heard how smooth the engine sound is on the simulator ;)
I misunderstood your phrasing, now that I reread it I understand the whole sentence was a joke and not just the last part of it. Sorry for killing your joke ;-)

zeph
zeph

Thunders wrote:There may be changes incoming at Honda. Take it with a Tablespoon of Salt though. (The Google translation seems pretty good)

This service is provided by your friendly resident Google Translate copy-and-paster:
Honda revolution coming: let Arai?
Japanese manufacturer ready to change the entire staff of Woking

The partial failure of the project could cost Mclaren -Honda Yosuhisa Arai leadership within the Anglo-Japanese team. The management of the Japanese manufacturer, in fact, would be thinking to a resounding change at the top of the Formula One project. Despite good conditions this winter and the enormous capital invested by Honda in the last two years, the Japanese power unit continues to struggle in terms of power and reliability, so much so that Alonso and Button almost never fail to fight for a points finish .

Honda does not consider this situation more tolerable and could soon change the entire working group within the Scuderia Woking. Eric Boullier and Fernando Alonso would have expressed support for this change and some more information should arrive in the coming weeks, precisely at the turn of the Belgian Grand Prix and that of Italy. It remains to be seen what kind of profile will choose the Japanese manufacturer and if this mini revolution half year will be able to give a boost to a confusing situation and highly uncertain.