Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Come on, optimism, not pessimism. Both cars had good FP sessions, sure they won't compete for the win, but they didn't struggle neither. Points seem reachable. So far this feels like a step in the right direction, this feels like moving to the midfield and not like chasing the midfield.

GoranF1
GoranF1

I predict by Singapoure GP, Mclaren will be on Ferrari's pace....and Alonso will have a big(ear to ear) smile on his face.
:D
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

GoranF1
GoranF1

Jef Patat wrote:Come on, optimism, not pessimism. Both cars had good FP sessions, sure they won't compete for the win, but they didn't struggle neither. Points seem reachable. So far this feels like a step in the right direction, this feels like moving to the midfield and not like chasing the midfield.
Arai has just confirmed to the media a development on the PU in SPA.

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:I predict by Singapoure GP, Mclaren will be on Ferrari's pace....and Alonso will have a big(ear to ear) smile on his face.
:D
lolz, that's the spirit :lol:

Andres125sx

Jef Patat wrote:It feels good, almost too good? It scares me a little :lol:
Wait for the Q, we´ve seen this before, but once everybody is really pushing to get a time in Q.... :roll:

Anycase looks promising, specially after all those comments from Arai and Boullier talking about aero and PU upgrades

BTW, I´ve read the PU they´re using have a new combustion chamber but without new tokens... :?:

Anyone can confirm?

If true, then they´ll use another new PU for Spa using tokens?

Redragon

Andres125sx wrote:
Wait for the Q, we´ve seen this before, but once everybody is really pushing to get a time in Q.... :roll:

Anycase looks promising, specially after all those comments from Arai and Boullier talking about aero and PU upgrades

BTW, I´ve read the PU they´re using have a new combustion chamber but without new tokens... :?:

Anyone can confirm?

This is what I posted on the development car trend, Marca was stating yesterday that the engine only have a new ICE not any new tokens used so far http://www.marca.com/2015/07/23/motor/f ... 48675.html

FoxHound

Andres125sx wrote:BTW, I´ve read the PU they´re using have a new combustion chamber but without new tokens... :?:
It's possible to change pretty much anything if they can show the FIA there's a flaw in the initial design, ie reliability.
JET set

Andres125sx

Redragon wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Anyone can confirm?

This is what I posted on the development car trend, Marca was stating yesterday that the engine only have a new ICE not any new tokens used so far http://www.marca.com/2015/07/23/motor/f ... 48675.html
That´s not the link, but I know, I read it in Marca too :P

Andres125sx

FoxHound wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:BTW, I´ve read the PU they´re using have a new combustion chamber but without new tokens... :?:
It's possible to change pretty much anything if they can show the FIA there's a flaw in the initial design, ie reliability.
Yes I know that´s possible, but I had previously read they were going to use a new PU upgraded with tokens, but now Marca published this new PU is not using new tokens, so I don´t know if they were allowed to modify the PU as they had planned but saving the tokes, or this is a different upgrade and the tokens will be used for a different upgrade

GoranF1
GoranF1

Andres125sx wrote:

Anyone can confirm?

https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status ... 6729070592

dr_cooke
dr_cooke

Andres125sx wrote:
FoxHound wrote:
Yes I know that´s possible, but I had previously read they were going to use a new PU upgraded with tokens, but now Marca published this new PU is not using new tokens, so I don´t know if they were allowed to modify the PU as they had planned but saving the tokes, or this is a different upgrade and the tokens will be used for a different upgrade
I am afraid this was just misunderstanding from Marca side. They just mixed new ICE (fresh unit of the same type, not new design) with new design of combustion chamber. They're journalists, that's all

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Andres125sx wrote: Wait for the Q, we´ve seen this before, but once everybody is really pushing to get a time in Q.... :roll:

Actually this bad season sometimes leads me to think results are worse than they are. I've looked it up, best result so far was Monaco with both cars in the two first sessions in top 15. This time they both did a decent amount of laps and top 12. So this is actually the best result for the season. You've never seen me saying this is representative for qually or race.

Andres125sx

Yes I know, just trying to keep expetatives low as we all know how useless FP results usually are, but it was more related to myself, I´m confident of the improvement and don´t want to be too optimistic :mrgreen:

vantage87
vantage87

Second Practice Session Lap Times - all teams

http://www.fia.com/file/31593/download?token=PWEkCyN6

Mclaren-Honda Lap times

Redragon

Redragon wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Anyone can confirm?

What a twat I am #-o #-o #-o , This is the link http://www.marca.com/2015/07/23/motor/f ... 47332.html