Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

McLaren Free Practice Report.
http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/2015/hu ... ce-report/

Remember, this was just one reasonable Day. I don't want talking about fancy Q3 stuff here. ^^

Also: https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/624670125292146688 Let's hope it is productive.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i sometimes wonder if all that fancy stuff like fancy trailer, fancy desks, etc. isn't counterproductive.
working in a smaller, compacter but more 'feelable' environment usually tends to stimulate the drive to 'make something out of it' and 'strive for results' rather than a luxury wealthy environment usually gives people the feeling of 'being done' and 'having made it' and thus having less stimulants to 'push'.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

zeph
zeph

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:I predict by Singapoure GP, Mclaren will be on Ferrari's pace....and Alonso will have a big(ear to ear) smile on his face.
:D
I wouldn't make any such prediction, but funnily enough I too did have the feeling that Singapore may be a turning point. No idea why.

speedy56
speedy56

Jef Patat wrote:Isn't he Fernando's race engineer?

Edit: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=andrea+stella+mclaren
No, he is head of track engineering, Mark Temple is Alonso's RE

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

zeph wrote:
ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:I predict by Singapoure GP, Mclaren will be on Ferrari's pace....and Alonso will have a big(ear to ear) smile on his face.
:D
I wouldn't make any such prediction, but funnily enough I too did have the feeling that Singapore may be a turning point. No idea why.
You took that post out of context, it was meant as a joke in reply to something I said.

Thunder

And right when it counts we´re back to the struggle....
#aerogollum

Andres125sx

Manoah2u wrote:i sometimes wonder if all that fancy stuff like fancy trailer, fancy desks, etc. isn't counterproductive.
working in a smaller, compacter but more 'feelable' environment usually tends to stimulate the drive to 'make something out of it' and 'strive for results' rather than a luxury wealthy environment usually gives people the feeling of 'being done' and 'having made it' and thus having less stimulants to 'push'.
That´s a good point I´ve also wondered some time, but then I realiced about two things:

1- That´s not a luxury environment for them, but pretty standard. They´re no living in 80m2 flats, but big and expensive houses so a compacter environment may be stifling for them.

2- They spend too much time there, not just a weekend from time to time, they´re there more than in any other place during a year, so it´s not a exotic trip wich may be exciting, but the usual place they live in so some space is needed to feel comfortable

CjC
CjC

Honda immediately take the new PUs for Hungary and they are both in the bin after quali- awesome.
What the feck are honda doing?

I've heard Mclaren are suffering car sales wise because of the turmoil they are in, in F1, what about Honda? I have a Honda now and sure as hell I ain't buying another...
Just a fan's point of view

FoxHound

CjC wrote:Honda immediately take the new PUs for Hungary and they are both in the bin after quali- awesome.
What the feck are honda doing?

I've heard Mclaren are suffering car sales wise because of the turmoil they are in, in F1, what about Honda? I have a Honda now and sure as hell I ain't buying another...
If you think Honda's current F1 engine programme is a reflection of their engines, don't.
JET set

Tim.Wright

CjC wrote: I have a Honda now and sure as hell I ain't buying another...
](*,)
Not the engineer at Force India

f1universe
f1universe

Another embarrasing day, both issues were human errors.

Thunder

But the other way round that is better news for the Race tomorrow as if both Errors would be because something broke.
#aerogollum

CjC
CjC

Tim.Wright wrote:
CjC wrote: I have a Honda now and sure as hell I ain't buying another...
](*,)
Surely isn't that why the car manufacturers join the sport? To ultimately sell their cars?
Just a fan's point of view

vantage87
vantage87

Qualifying Session - Hungarian GP

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

f1universe wrote:Another embarrasing day, both issues were human errors.
Do you have a source for that? I heard no ERS for Button on the straight being worth .3 and no clear reason for Alonso.
Thunders wrote:And right when it counts we´re back to the struggle....
Hopes, they were fun while they lasted, back to reality :(