Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Tim.Wright

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

CjC wrote:
Tim.Wright wrote:
CjC wrote: I have a Honda now and sure as hell I ain't buying another...
](*,)
Surely isn't that why the car manufacturers join the sport? To ultimately sell their cars?
Yes it's exactly why. They rely heavily on ignorance, such as believing that a race operation has anything to do with a production car, to make it a worthwhile investment.

Looks like its working.
Not the engineer at Force India

Thunder

McLaren Quali Report:
http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/2015/hu ... ng-report/

If the Hardware fails to fail, we just don't plug in our connectors correctly. :D

Edit: But as i said before this is better for the Race tomorrow than actual Hardware failures. If only for once both Cars would survive the first Lap......
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

RicME85

It wasn’t an ERS issue; it was a steering switch software data issue that hindered the deployment of MGU-K out on the track. The cause of the problem is already understood and has been rectified.

Fernando finished 14th in Q1, but was unable to post a time in Q2 after coasting to a halt, his car suffering an electrical shutdown owing to a loose harness connection that provides power to the car. He was unable to return to the track and will start the race from 15th position on the grid.
How do Macca keep doing this?
Amateur to keep having issues from human error, has been going on for years

bauc

Just when you think that finally a good weekend for Mclaren is coming, this happens :(
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

GoranF1
GoranF1

By turn 2 Alonso will be P10.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Thunder

I'll take that as long as he survives turn 3. :D
#aerogollum

Andres125sx

Eric Boullier wrote:Here in blistering Budapest, as we approach the midsummer shutdown, we’d been hoping to be able to leaven our first-half-of-the-season melancholy with some discernible improvement.

The fact is, we have improved, but I guess the key word is ‘discernible’, because a series of glitches and gremlins continues to conspire to prevent that improvement from translating into the ameliorated grid positions and race performances that we feel are within our compass.
Alonso said his Q1 lap was very poor, and even so he was 14th, so he expected to be 12-13th

BTW, it must be frustrating if you do that effort pushing the car to reach the pits, and then you´re told if the car doesn´t do it by its own power you can´t continue the sesion... :x

What a stupid rule if you ask me

ME4ME

ME4ME wrote:Qualifying difference of fastest Mclaren car compared to pole time:

Spain: +3,646 %
Monaco: +2,657 %
Canada: +2,531 %
Austria: +3,332 % [wet, unfair comparison)
Britain: +2,939 %

So basically Mclaren made a good step forward after the Spanish GP relative to Mercedes, but then progress stalled. Austria was obviously rain effected. Today's small step backwards could potentially be caused by Mercedes being particulary fast round Silverstone. None the less there is a long long way ahead.

Personally I think Honda should not rush development and use engine tokens on unproven upgrades. This season is a write-off, so they should make sure they get the most bang for the buck for all tokens used. There are plenty of systems to be upgraded for "reliability purposes" i'd imagine.
Hungary: +3,1 %

:?

CjC
CjC

Alonso tempted by other categories.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120105

Don't blame him to be honest.
There are far too many restrictions in the rules. The rule book is now written to try an help a few teams stay afloat in the midfield rather than having a competitive front of the grid.
Just a fan's point of view

GoranF1
GoranF1

ME4ME wrote:
ME4ME wrote:Qualifying difference of fastest Mclaren car compared to pole time:

Spain: +3,646 %
Monaco: +2,657 %
Canada: +2,531 %
Austria: +3,332 % [wet, unfair comparison)
Britain: +2,939 %

So basically Mclaren made a good step forward after the Spanish GP relative to Mercedes, but then progress stalled. Austria was obviously rain effected. Today's small step backwards could potentially be caused by Mercedes being particulary fast round Silverstone. None the less there is a long long way ahead.

Personally I think Honda should not rush development and use engine tokens on unproven upgrades. This season is a write-off, so they should make sure they get the most bang for the buck for all tokens used. There are plenty of systems to be upgraded for "reliability purposes" i'd imagine.
Hungary: +3,1 %

:?
I disagree,the gap seem biger but it not, in Q1 it was only 1.6 and then everyone improved a lot in Q2 and Alonso didnt even had a lap,so we can assume that he would improve as well,esspecialy because he said wright after Q that his Q1 lap wasnt very good and that he could have good a lot faster
I think the realistic gap here is around 1.6-1.8 (and remeber Merc is 0.8 faster than everyone else) and the progress is obvious,race pace should be even better.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

ME4ME

I don't know what you are disagreeing with. I just stated a fact without writhing any further judgment.

The gap in Q1 is irrelevant. The quick cars are cruising around just the get through to Q2. You've got to compare ultimate pace for meaningful comparison.

Yesterday's 3,1% deficit on ultimate pace is what it is. Alonso not nailing the lap, ERS problems on Button's car etc, those are merely excuses. The team just didn't perform better.

Even if you'd calculate that Alonso should have been faster, Mclaren would still be at the same deficit of earlier tracks. They haven't improved. Even though this track should suit them, and full ERS application should be available.. It all lead to nothing.

Not saying that all hope is lost - far from it. But they just haven't improved, at least in qualifying this time around. Today's race could still be a step forward if the team manages to avoid mistakes.

Thunder

http://www.inautonews.com/boullier-not- ... sting-cuts

120 HP Boys. That's some Homework for the Summer Break.
#aerogollum

CjC
CjC

Thunders wrote:http://www.inautonews.com/boullier-not- ... sting-cuts

120 HP Boys. That's some Homework for the Summer Break.
That's a lot to find for next season nevermind over the summer break!!

Great result in Hungary for the team though, might keep my Honda road car after all now :roll:
Just a fan's point of view

Morteza

After that disappointing qualifying the race turned out really well. Button 9th and Alonso in 5th place =D> =D> =D>
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

proteus

And i said 9th and 10th are reachable...oh silly me :lol: =D> :lol: Shame that Button didnt had soft ones too, he might be 7th
Last edited by proteus on 26 Jul 2015, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows