Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Very good race indeed. If not for the Qualifying this would have been a great weekend. No mechanical failures all Weekend right?

A well needed good Performance to go into the summer break with an upbeat feeling. =D> =D> =D>
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

damager21
damager21

Great to see both Fernando and Jenson in the points. I think Fernando would have taken 4th had the safety car stayed out for one more lap. Strangely so, Safety car was called in before all the cars which unlaped themselves could catch the leading pack. By the time Safety car came in, I think Sainz and Fernando were some 20 secs behind Verstappen.

Never the less, 5th and 9th is not something anyone expected so well done to the team and hope for better pace post summer break.

CjC
CjC

You're right about the safety car, doesn't seem right that they leave the lapped cars so far behind at the restart but I think they always do that.
Thinking about the 'Honda upgrades' coming for Spa- not holding my breath mind you, haven't they used up the PU allocation? So any upgrades added will result in a penalty?
Just a fan's point of view

bauc

Great result for the team after a disappointing first half of the season..... we will win again....MCLAREN
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mclaren111

The comeback has started =D> :D =D>

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

damager21 wrote:Great to see both Fernando and Jenson in the points. I think Fernando would have taken 4th had the safety car stayed out for one more lap. Strangely so, Safety car was called in before all the cars which unlaped themselves could catch the leading pack. By the time Safety car came in, I think Sainz and Fernando were some 20 secs behind Verstappen.

Never the less, 5th and 9th is not something anyone expected so well done to the team and hope for better pace post summer break.
It's not strange, it happens every safety car. If they waited to all come back around the safety car would go on for far too long.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Thunders wrote:http://www.inautonews.com/boullier-not- ... sting-cuts

120 HP Boys. That's some Homework for the Summer Break.
It also proves Mclaren has build one hell of a chassis.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Very nice result, I wouldn't have dared hoping for it. At the same time it doesn't reflect reality. We lost bost FI and a Fer and this track suits them better. I don't mean this negative, we're finally started mofing in the good direction. This finally was a normal weekend.

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:I predict by Singapoure GP, Mclaren will be on Ferrari's pace....and Alonso will have a big(ear to ear) smile on his face.
:D
Well, for a while he was on Raikonnen's speed, he did even overtook him :wink:

Thunder

Sure P5 doesn't reflect the true speed of the Car but there is more to a race than the Car. Every Part of the Team has to work flawlessly to bring home a good Result. And in the Heat of Hungary some Brains (inculuding those of some drivers) seem to have been fried. Is it really luck when you don't make the stupid mistakes others do? I think even in a normal Race a Top 10 finish would have veen achievable, and i'm good with that. I just enjoy that the Team has finished a mostly trouble free Weekend with hugely important Points and in that hopefully laid a good foundation for the second half of the Season.

Don't get your hopes too high for Spa or Monza, even Helmut Marko said that come these Races RB will be in trouble. But i think a sliver of optimism should be allowed. ^^

Oh and everyone that doubted Fernandos determination with the McHonda Project can go hiding in a deep hole after this Weekend.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

proteus

In this race Mclaren was definetly better than Lotus, Williams, Sauber and Marussia. Somewhere in the range of STR and FI, even though i think they lacked a little bit in comparison, mostly still due to the engine. But u know, to finish first, first u have to finish (to finish in points in this case :)) They were most unlucky of them all so far, so this today was a deserved break they got.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

proteus

Jef Patat wrote:Very nice result, I wouldn't have dared hoping for it. At the same time it doesn't reflect reality. We lost bost FI and a Fer and this track suits them better. I don't mean this negative, we're finally started mofing in the good direction. This finally was a normal weekend.
U cant expect that Mclaren will be the only one with bad luck whole season :) , it was time for them to get a bit of luck :)
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

And to say I even mentioned "I don't mean this negative". I'm happy, and indeed, they were bound to run out of bad luck sometime. But this time round they didn't only not have bad luck, they had a bit of luck as well. I think in a 'normal' race we would have seen at least one car in top 10, maybe 2. As a MCL fan this was the first time since long I turned of my tele with a smile, it even made the lady happy.

Just to make it clear: this is what I hoped for, the result was going to be better even if they didn't have that extra bit of luck. After qualy I don't think many would have believed in both cars being top 13.
Jef Patat wrote:Let's hope so, let's hope it changes, and preferably fast, by now I'm almost ready for my MCL-Honda fan sabatical :wink:
Both cars in top 13, that would be really nice.

willmesquita

Thunders wrote:http://www.inautonews.com/boullier-not- ... sting-cuts

120 HP Boys. That's some Homework for the Summer Break.
That defict is mega clear when we see things like:

http://papayaorange.com.br/2015/07/gp-d ... peed-trap/

http://papayaorange.com.br/2015/07/gp-d ... ax-speeds/

Let's work Honda!!!
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

Wazari

I think the most important result of today is that McLaren Honda got 140 laps of race data. It surprises me that Boullier says they are down 120 hp. I was trying to do the math and was trying to figure out where the deficiency is. The ICE is probably producing around 600 to 625 HP based on 1.6 L @ 15,000 RPM with about 3.5 bar of boost. Based on the fuel limit, I can't see them running more boost than that. The MGU-K unit has a limit of 50,000 RPM and 120 KW (161 HP) and max of 4MJ per lap. I figure that's about 30-35 seconds of max power per lap. So if Honda's PU is really 120 HP down, that means its MGU-K unit is producing only 30 KW. If that's truly the case, then McLaren Honda should be competitive with Mercedes and Ferrari once they solve the excessive heat issue generated by their MGU unit limiting their use power. That's of course assuming the chassis is also up to the task.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro