Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Andres125sx

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

godlameroso wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
godlameroso wrote:You do remember they were back markers at the start of 09, and started winning races towards the end of the season right? Don't count out McLaren's ability to develop a car, also PU development takes a lot longer than chassis development.
No, I don´t remember that. I remember Lewis finishind 3rd in first race of 2009, then he was disqualified because of lying to stewarts, but the car was competitive enough to finish in the podium.

In next races 7th, 6th and 4th. I don´t consider that to be back markers
You have shoddy memory then...
Maybe you can´t read, but the results you posted are exactly the same I posted. A car finishing top 10 on all first 5 GPs is not a back marker IMO, if it is for you then ok.

Also, the reason Lewis was DSQ in first race are irrelevant to evaluate McLaren perfomance, he didn´t got the points, but he finished in the podium. Far from a back marker IMO

Thunder

Erika and Greyhawk on their well deserved summer break: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: https://twitter.com/hondapu14/status/631102287771996160
Last edited by Thunder on 12 Aug 2015, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

I really don't get that. Who is it aimed at, and is it supposed to be funny?

Thunder

The honda PU's have their own twitter Accounts (Hondapu22 aka Erika is Button's Engine, Hondapu14 aka Greyhawk is Alonso's Engine) since the beginning of the Season and just like everybody else they are posting Holiday Pictures. Make what you want of it.
#aerogollum

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Oh I know it's a Twitter account, but it's all a bit "Who gives a ---" with 99% of what they post. Is it just aimed at the Japanese F1 crazies?

Thunder

I guess so. Sometimes it's quite funny to read what they have to say after they blew up.
#aerogollum

GoranF1
GoranF1

ChrisF1 wrote:I really don't get that. Who is it aimed at, and is it supposed to be funny?
Are you from England or Germany?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Nickel
Nickel

A lot of companies seem to wish to emulate NASA's success with one of their missions, where their PR officer started a twitter account as the Mars rover. It went off, now everyone wants a slice as if that's how it works.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:
ChrisF1 wrote:I really don't get that. Who is it aimed at, and is it supposed to be funny?
England (but everybody tells me that my characteristics are very German)

I don't think that has much to do with anything, I just don't get the point of the accounts because they don't add value. It's the equivalent to the idiots that create Facebook pages for their cats, dogs and cars.

Thunder

It's a marketing gizmo. If you don't like it , ignore it.

And what would it have to to with being German or English?
#aerogollum

Facts Only
Facts Only

You know what would be much better marketing... spending the money on designing and building an engine that isnt getting trounced every race. I dont see HPP or Maranello wasting time and effort with this sort of rubbish, you can be silly and irreverent when you are winning but when you're losing it makes you look like a complete bunch of amateurs.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Thunder

Yeahh because the Person behind these Accounts is an Honda Engineer that cuts off development Time to post Pictures on Twitter.... :roll: :roll:

I understand the Summer break is long and boring but are we really making a drama out of that now? Come on guys.
#aerogollum

vantage87
vantage87

Honda eyeing 'big step' forward at Spa

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/696 ... ard-at-Spa

GoranF1
GoranF1

ChrisF1 wrote:
ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:
England (but everybody tells me that my characteristics are very German)

I don't think that has much to do with anything, I just don't get the point of the accounts because they don't add value. It's the equivalent to the idiots that create Facebook pages for their cats, dogs and cars.
They are really funny, i like them and i know when Honda is changing PU before any annauncment. ;)

GoranF1
GoranF1

Thunders wrote:
And what would it have to to with being German or English?
Different sense of humor to rest of World.