Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Wazari wrote:I don't know why you would think Arai-san is on drugs with that press release. It's been my personal experience in the past that the media will spin translations into the most controversial or sensationalistic way possible and lose the essence of what the speaker was really trying to say. Also for the record it is my nephew that it currently working for Honda racing, not my cousin.

I know there are major changes coming with the ICE part of the PU with emphasis on the combustion chamber design. When they will be introduced, I don't know. It appears that some changes will be in effect at Spa.

Also I am guessing that what Arai-san was trying to say is that McLaren's chassis and aero package needs to be synched better with Honda's power gains. There also could be a situation where all the available torque is not being transferred to the drive wheels without traction loss. McLaren might have set up the aero package and suspension settings for less HP at Hungary than what was available. This is where works teams like Mercedes and Ferrari have a distinct advantage. They can walk down the hallway and find out exactly what PU gains are being made with the shortest chain of communication possible. I think the fact that Honda built a new facility in McLaren's backyard shows their commitment to tighten the communication lines between the two.

So it's always a balancing act between the chassis builder and the engine builder and with each party trying to create their part to maximize the potential from the other. We went through this with Williams, Lotus and McLaren back in the day. Poor Spirit was basically a guinea pig for us to test for the other the teams to come.
Hmm... Do I detect....that your way of writing has changed?
Do you currently live in an English speaking country now? Sounds like English is now your "first" Language in this post.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:I think here....also 130Bhp down according to GPS.
Arai may lose his job soon,due to his big mouth...
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ho ... ce-at-spa/

The Chassis sucks so he knows he is safe within the team. The spectators though... they only see the PU as the differentiator this year because of the media. How quick people forget that Mclaren were 2 seconds of the pace last year with the most powerful engine.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Wazari

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Wazari wrote:I don't know why you would think Arai-san is on drugs with that press release. It's been my personal experience in the past that the media will spin translations into the most controversial or sensationalistic way possible and lose the essence of what the speaker was really trying to say. Also for the record it is my nephew that it currently working for Honda racing, not my cousin.

I know there are major changes coming with the ICE part of the PU with emphasis on the combustion chamber design. When they will be introduced, I don't know. It appears that some changes will be in effect at Spa.

Also I am guessing that what Arai-san was trying to say is that McLaren's chassis and aero package needs to be synched better with Honda's power gains. There also could be a situation where all the available torque is not being transferred to the drive wheels without traction loss. McLaren might have set up the aero package and suspension settings for less HP at Hungary than what was available. This is where works teams like Mercedes and Ferrari have a distinct advantage. They can walk down the hallway and find out exactly what PU gains are being made with the shortest chain of communication possible. I think the fact that Honda built a new facility in McLaren's backyard shows their commitment to tighten the communication lines between the two.

So it's always a balancing act between the chassis builder and the engine builder and with each party trying to create their part to maximize the potential from the other. We went through this with Williams, Lotus and McLaren back in the day. Poor Spirit was basically a guinea pig for us to test for the other the teams to come.
Hmm... Do I detect....that your way of writing has changed?
Do you currently live in an English speaking country now? Sounds like English is now your "first" Language in this post.
English is not my first language. Yappari, nihongo no hou ga zutto yasashii desu. Boku wa nihon umare, jyuyonsai no toki ni amerika ni kimashita. Kokou gakkou was amerika de sotsugyou shimashite, daigaku was ryohou nihon to amerika de benkyo shimashita.

I currently live in southern CA. for about half the year, and Japan the other half.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

multisync
multisync

I think the fact that Honda built a new facility in McLaren's backyard shows their commitment to tighten the communication lines between the two.
Where is this new facility?

FW17

multisync wrote:
I think the fact that Honda built a new facility in McLaren's backyard shows their commitment to tighten the communication lines between the two.

Milton Keynes

adrianjordan

WilliamsF1 wrote:
multisync wrote:

Milton Keynes
Granted, a lot closer than Japan, but I wouldn't describe Milton Keynes as in Woking's backyard..!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

GoranF1
GoranF1

PlatinumZealot wrote:

The Chassis sucks so he knows he is safe within the team. The spectators though... they only see the PU as the differentiator this year because of the media. How quick people forget that Mclaren were 2 seconds of the pace last year with the most powerful engine.
and a far inferior fuel,and engine maps.....car was quite good at the end of last year.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

GoranF1
GoranF1

So if they take 7th engine in SPA,and take penalty for it...can they then use those modifications on Hungary unit(6th?) in ono of the upcoming races penalty-free...since that engine is one race used only?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

mrluke
mrluke

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

and a far inferior fuel,and engine maps.....car was quite good at the end of last year.
Citation needed.

Wazari

Honda also built a think tank office in Woking.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

vantage87
vantage87

Honda eyes three per cent power increase at Spa

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/329141/

multisync
multisync

adrianjordan wrote:

Granted, a lot closer than Japan, but I wouldn't describe Milton Keynes as in Woking's backyard..!!
Not only that but they just sub let some space in the Mugen UK building. It's really tiny.

The 'new' facility is a plot of scrub land over the road! :lol:

damager21
damager21

vantage87 wrote:Honda eyes three per cent power increase at Spa

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/329141/
Wondering if 3 percent increase in power would make Honda engine equivalent of Ferrari engine. Will be interesting to see the difference in speed trap and pace that McLaren Honda demonstrate in FP1 and FP2.

ollandos
ollandos

i think Mr. Arai mean with mk3 spec engine can closing ferrari ....not on spa but later with fine tune and develop.....
mk2 spec starting on spain and finish on hungary ........they say the last version of this mk2 spec maybe is better than reunalt......3% for spa and more coming after.....that is what i understand :idea:

the final version of this mk3 spec is for suzuka i think ....something like that