Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Phil wrote:what if it's still dusk? ....
I think the dusk was at pre-seson testing
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

turbof1

Winter testing sets which planetary dusk you are going to run for the season. Mercedes for instance had no dusk, just a minor eclipse this weekend, while mclaren are by all means and purpose seeing dusk the last 3 years.

I'm sorry to say it, but mclaren is not a top team anymore. It's a midfielder slipping further and further back. If Button announces his retirement in Japan, I think I would applause for him for making the correct decision. It really has to hurt for a driver that the team he drove for all these years, has slipped from being a championship-competing team to being the second-last team.
#AeroFrodo

Phil

It actually makes me quite sad. I was quite disappointed when Hamilton decided to jump to Mercedes - who at the time wasn't doing that well. That, after I had just bought numerous fan-wear of McLaren (I'll admit, I'm a racers fan, not really a team supporter). Who would have thought...

This also includes Alonso as well. I think with Button leaving, Alonso's motivation of staying at McLaren-Honda might have just dropped considerably... I can't stay him riding out his, what 3 year (?), contract at this rate... and I don't see him going to any other team either. He'll probably follow Webber and Button into WEC.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

basti313
basti313

Yes, WEC is a possible option. I do not see a free top seat at the moment. Only a crazy move, like Renault, would be possible. But I strongly doubt, that McLaren will lose any of their drivers, they get too much monetary compensation for the bad car. Maybe they throw one of the drivers out...maybe Button..and that is the retirement from F1, because it just does not make sense to put expensive drivers into that car.
Don`t russel the hamster!

max_speed
max_speed

turbof1 wrote:Winter testing sets which planetary dusk you are going to run for the season. Mercedes for instance had no dusk, just a minor eclipse this weekend, while mclaren are by all means and purpose seeing dusk the last 3 years.

I'm sorry to say it, but mclaren is not a top team anymore. It's a midfielder slipping further and further back. If Button announces his retirement in Japan, I think I would applause for him for making the correct decision. It really has to hurt for a driver that the team he drove for all these years, has slipped from being a championship-competing team to being the second-last team.
i could not agree more.they did not behave like a top team.since start of the year all they said was bluff. consider redbull of last year.they were no where but acted like a top team and improved throughout the year. Mclaren i think they are caught in a whirlpool with no way out of it. to die hard optimists i would say write off 2016. magics dot happen in F1.they are left far behind but their ego is still intact.

Gaz.
Gaz.

diffuser wrote:
max_speed wrote:http://gptoday.com/details/view/539471/ ... it_F18242/

Sad but i think its the right decision by button and Alonso should follow him.i do not think he is going to be a world champion again.i won't be surprised to see Manor challenging Mclaren with Mercedes engine in the back and before such a day arrives would be great for Alonso to retire. his gamble to Mclaren failed big time and with no option in sight would be great to depart with reputation as one of the greatest driver of all time. Unlucky world champions :(

Yeah, well Ferrari didn't think they could win 3 races this year! What people think and what happens are 2 different things.

Manor ? Really ...with the PU that Ferrari had last year, Fernado was anywhere from 5th to 15th. Manor Can NOT get out of Q3.

Although off to a poor start I don think it has failed yet.

That's the worst part of this year, the car has been so weak and unreliable we haven't been able to witness the Alonzo Magic.

O/T- I thought Ferrari targeted 4 wins this year? No particular tracks but that they'd make the most of any opportunities that came their way.
Forza Jules

Sixbarboost
Sixbarboost

turbof1 wrote:Winter testing sets which planetary dusk you are going to run for the season. Mercedes for instance had no dusk, just a minor eclipse this weekend, while mclaren are by all means and purpose seeing dusk the last 3 years.

Personally, I can only hope that Alonso follows his example, two painful to see two ex-WDC being humiliated like this.

RagingBullx
RagingBullx

I blame Ron Dennis for all of Mclarens woes, he should move on and stop living in the past.

McG

As long as McLaren are with Honda they will take a decade or more and some change in philosophy at Honda to be a top team again. They will be lucky to win a race in the next decade. It was a romantic idea but I hope Ron has some better plans for engines for the near future so McLaren can at least be a midfield team again.

Poor Button. Alonso I couldn't give a crap about.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

Chuckjr

diffuser wrote:When was the last time RB went after a driver that wasn't a TR driver ?
Never because Alonso was not avail. If a Red Bull / Ferrari option opens for Fred, he'd be insane not to take it. Macca is looking at 2017 before they MAY be challenging for podiums. They have lost the ball.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Sixbarboost
Sixbarboost

McG wrote:As long as McLaren are with Honda they will take a decade or more and some change in philosophy at Honda to be a top team again. They will be lucky to win a race in the next decade. It was a romantic idea but I hope Ron has some better plans for engines for the near future so McLaren can at least be a midfield team again.

Poor Button. Alonso I couldn't give a crap about.
I can foresee a split between McLaren, Honda and Alonso after this season, Honda is simply going nowhere and the freeze makes it impossible to recover. Possibly Ron Dennis is playing a waiting game for Honda to buy themselves out of the contract?

Phil

Which freeze? I thought they could potentially start with a new engine for 2016? They're only limited now by tokens for this year and the number of engines... or am I completely off target here?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

FW17

Surprising that no political maneuvering is going on by McLaren, Ferrari and Renault to open up the regulations to allow for more engine parity.

Last year we had some movement on this front with tokens being used through the year, but the increase in tokens did not go through.

This year so far there has been no talk on the same.

Also I was hoping the fuel flow would be increased to 110 or 120 kg/hr

bauc

WilliamsF1 wrote:Surprising that no political maneuvering is going on by McLaren, Ferrari and Renault to open up the regulations to allow for more engine parity.

Last year we had some movement on this front with tokens being used through the year, but the increase in tokens did not go through.

This year so far there has been no talk on the same.

Also I was hoping the fuel flow would be increased to 110 or 120 kg/hr
We still don't know the precise engine rules for 2017, right?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mclaren111

Crashnet:
Honda's Yasuhisa Arai says he wants to see a change in the regulations that would allow the struggling engine constructor make up ground on its main rivals.
Horner says the same - although Horner does not know what he wants :shock: