Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

max_speed wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Winter testing sets which planetary dusk you are going to run for the season. Mercedes for instance had no dusk, just a minor eclipse this weekend, while mclaren are by all means and purpose seeing dusk the last 3 years.

I'm sorry to say it, but mclaren is not a top team anymore. It's a midfielder slipping further and further back. If Button announces his retirement in Japan, I think I would applause for him for making the correct decision. It really has to hurt for a driver that the team he drove for all these years, has slipped from being a championship-competing team to being the second-last team.
i could not agree more.they did not behave like a top team.since start of the year all they said was bluff. consider redbull of last year.they were no where but acted like a top team and improved throughout the year. Mclaren i think they are caught in a whirlpool with no way out of it. to die hard optimists i would say write off 2016. magics dot happen in F1.they are left far behind but their ego is still intact.
Not sure all that screaming and yelling they throw at Ren is what I consider acting like a top team much less and adult.

RB have had a good chassis for a while now so they have continuity and are an established team. Although they lost some people, including PP, the nucleus of the team is still there. McLaren Chassis was going nowhere last year. Many of their top People had been stolen by Merc. EB was brought in and initiated a reboot where they brought in a bunch of people, including PP. Those new people haven't even been there a year yet.Very different situations

basti313
basti313

Phil wrote:Which freeze? I thought they could potentially start with a new engine for 2016? They're only limited now by tokens for this year and the number of engines... or am I completely off target here?
I do not know what might happen if they just dump the rules and build a new engine. But my feeling is, that it may work, because they want them to run and F1 can not afford to DSQ a team.
diffuser wrote:
Not sure all that screaming and yelling they throw at Ren is what I consider acting like a top team much less and adult.

RB have had a good chassis for a while now so they have continuity and are an established team. Although they lost some people, including PP, the nucleus of the team is still there. McLaren Chassis was going nowhere last year. Many of their top People had been stolen by Merc. EB was brought in and initiated a reboot where they replaced a bunch of people, including PP. Those new people haven't even been there a year yet.Very different situations
I do not really get your point with PP...McLaren has completely lost the right path. They are nowhere with their car, it is overheating on all edges, it has no power, it has no grip...
They are far behind in everything, for example the tires. Even if they start building a new concept (or rather getting it right with the RedBull concept) with PP they are still lacking the experience of four years now. I would say that without taking money in their hands and buying Merc people back it will not work. In my point of view buying PP was not a good choice, they should have bought 10 people from different departments. We saw it over the years with RedBull: The aero was always really good, but the car was sometimes not in the top 3. They started to be constantly on the top, once they got the mechanical grip and the cooling right.
Don`t russel the hamster!

bauc

On the other note, its more and more clear that JB will leave F1 at the end of the year, so who should Mclaren pick for next season, K-MAG or Vandoorne? I think K-MAG deserves another chance.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Thunder

If (and i hope he soesn't) Jenson leaves my bet is on Stoffel. KMag could even completely leave Mclaren after he openly even approached Haas for an F1 seat.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

iHpled
iHpled

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12479/ ... rship-soon

Maybe a Danish sponsor and Kevin taking the 2nd seat? Therefor the rumours that Jenson is quiting.

bauc

iHpled wrote:http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12479/ ... rship-soon

Maybe a Danish sponsor and Kevin taking the 2nd seat? Therefor the rumours that Jenson is quiting.
Well we've heard this story before from Mclaren, so I wont believe it till I see it actually happen (new general sponsor).
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mclaren111

With all the money lost due to poor performance, they should take the driver that brings the most sponsorship.

With Honda still developing next year it is a good opportunity for one of the young guns to get a year of practice.

I vote for Vandoorne.

RicME85

mclaren111 wrote:Crashnet:
Honda's Yasuhisa Arai says he wants to see a change in the regulations that would allow the struggling engine constructor make up ground on its main rivals.
Horner says the same - although Horner does not know what he wants :shock:
Should make his mind up as he rejected 'catch up' proposals at Spa

PlatinumZealot

diffuser wrote:
Fer.Fan wrote:
Yes, I agree. Mclaren chassis is better than Sauber and Mannor. Lotus chassis is better, look at standings.

Today in Singapore their ware way of pace. Mclaren was confident of good result because Marina Bay was no power track but they ware so slow. Mclaren chassis is no better than Honda PU.

It's hard to prove but I think The chassis is better than Lotus and Williams. I think those two's PUs are faltering their Chassis.

The aero is another story, I think Mclaren's aero is better than Lotus but not Williams.

So I think they're sitting 5th with regards to Aero/Chassis.

Regardless, a ton of work on both are needed.
I agree with this. I think it is better than the Williams. definitely.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

superdowg316

I hate to become a pessimist all of a sudden, but McLaren seem to be having the same downward path that Williams had in the mid 2000's. And that went from 2004/5-2013, which is an almighty long time in F1 especially as a brand like McLaren.

To compound their problems more, their just isn't any real consistency at McLaren in the last few years. They had Lewis and Heikki, then Lewis and Jenson. Then 2012 happened and Lewis and Paddy left. They brought in Sergio, but he was gone after a season, and Vodafone were gone too. Then they had the new V6 power units and new regulations along with Whitmarsh being axed and K-Mag being brought in. Nevermind that, K-Mag is out again and so are Mercedes engines as Fernando and Honda are in which means development is reset. And now Jenson is set to leave and they're redoing the Honda engine and everything else on the car and... my god is there any stability at this team right now with regards to engineers, drivers, staff and engine?
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Thunder

Everyone in Japan go there and photograph the fluff out of that Engine.... ^^
I'm very surprised they showcase it, even if it's an older Spec.
https://twitter.com/ScarbsF1/status/646595583617142784
#aerogollum

Sixbarboost
Sixbarboost

Amazing, the Honda PU looks similar to the MHPE unit, only messier;

Thunder

OT but, that is from when Engines where just that, Engines.... 8)

#aerogollum

Andres125sx

Thunders wrote:Everyone in Japan go there and photograph the fluff out of that Engine.... ^^
I'm very surprised they showcase it, even if it's an older Spec.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsF1/status/646595583617142784
So we can assume they´re developing a new version wich is completely different. Hopefully at second chance...

Thunder18
Thunder18