Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Felipe 92

Re: Honda Power Unit

ringo wrote:
Ron Denis didn't sign up to play Mr. Rogers or Big Bird on Sesame Street to teach a bunch of padawans. Honda should do that on their own time.

Honda should know that Mclaren are here to win championships, not play around. As for training young Honda engineers in in a highly competitive and fast paced Formula 1....
I`m quite sure that Mr. OCD "Perfection is not good enough" Ron Dennis is going to understand that F1 is just playground for Honda and they don`t take it seriously. :lol:

ringo

dren wrote:
I'm only going by what Honda has said about their F1 involvement ever since I have been following F1; but of course that's probably all lies? I'd also make a wager that not every one of those engineers is a 5 year old in a bib.

Honda has historically done things differently. They may step on it from time to time but they eventually get it right.

So far, it seems like the PU is heading in the right direction.

Well if that's the case, i guess Ron is to be blamed if he knew what kind of culture he would be signing up for. Honda is Honda, and doesn't seem to want to change how they operate, despite evidence suggesting that others have received better results with a more open and business like culture.

It's a shame BMW didn't return. I think they would have been able to beat Mercedes at this PU game.
For Sure!!

Wazari

Well this is definitely muzukashii. I am going to try to be very careful what I say here. I also will not be posting anymore due to several reasons. I enjoyed reading other's post and the some very intelligent and thoughtful contributions.

There are things I know for sure and some things I think I know.

IMO, this move is a good thing. This was not a last minute decision. I have respect for both Arai-san and Hasegawa-san. Hasegawa-san is very capable. Arai-san and Hasegawa-san were both considered to head the F1 program but it was ultimately decided to be Arai-san by the former president. I would consider latest move a resignation and not a firing.

It is my understanding that "Mark 1 engines version a and b will be tested now." 'Mark 2 engines version a and b" will be tested at the next session. Primary differences are with the ICE and turbine and compressor combinations.

There were three teams working to come up with different solutions for 2016. I think the word "rogue" is too strong. Nothing was secret and one team did have more "senior" engineers and staff. This was the geriatric gang. :) .

This move is not a surprise. This transition was planned in advance and McLaren was well aware in advance. Hasegawa-san and Arai-san have very different personalities. I know Hasegawa-san much better than Arai-san and he should thrive in this situation.

I will still visit this forum and please feel free to continue to PM me. I will try and answer promptly but will be away from my PC quite a bit in the future. I enjoy answering your questions from Honda's past working experiences to what turbo you should run for your Civic street car...

McLaren Honda, GAMBARE!!!!!
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

iichel
iichel

Thank you so much, Wazari, for all the info you gave us. It was a pleasure to read your posts

FW17

Sad to here you going silent.

Hope it is for a very short while (a week or so)

Postmoe

Wazari wrote:Well this is definitely muzukashii. I am going to try to be very careful what I say here. I also will not be posting anymore due to several reasons. I enjoyed reading other's post and the some very intelligent and thoughtful contributions.

IMO, this move is a good thing. This was not a last minute decision. I have respect for both Arai-san and Hasegawa-san. Hasegawa-san is very capable. Arai-san and Hasegawa-san were both considered to head the F1 program but it was ultimately decided to be Arai-san by the former president. I would consider latest move a resignation and not a firing.

It is my understanding that "Mark 1 engines version a and b will be tested now." 'Mark 2 engines version a and b" will be tested at the next session. Primary differences are with the ICE and turbine and compressor combinations.

There were three teams working to come up with different solutions for 2016. I think the word "rogue" is too strong. Nothing was secret and one team did have more "senior" engineers and staff. This was the geriatric gang. :) .

This move is not a surprise. This transition was planned in advance and McLaren was well aware in advance. Hasegawa-san and Arai-san have very different personalities. I know Hasegawa-san much better than Arai-san and he should thrive in this situation.

I will still visit this forum and please feel free to continue to PM me. I will try and answer promptly but will be away from my PC quite a bit in the future. I enjoy answering your questions from Honda's past working experiences to what turbo you should run for your Civic street car...

A shame.

I has been a pleasure reading (and enjoying) your posts these months, really.

Please, if you end up being one of the geriatric engineers, just send us a hidden message. I don't know, call the Barcelona GP PU The Mighty Postmoe or something like that. I would be cool and we would understand it.

Well, thank you for your contribution.

pgfpro

Wazari wrote:Well this is definitely muzukashii. I am going to try to be very careful what I say here. I also will not be posting anymore due to several reasons. I enjoyed reading other's post and the some very intelligent and thoughtful contributions.

Thanks Wazari for all your post. Good luck in the future!!!
building the perfect beast

hemichromis
hemichromis

Thank you so much for contributing some sanity to an otherwise insane off season!

Good luck in your new venture as Honda F1 CEO :wink:

bauc

Thanks Wazari for your insight and great contribution - it was a pleasure to read your posts here, hopefully you will comeback some day.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

GoranF1
GoranF1

Wazari we ask you to reconsider your non-posting decision! [-o<
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

ripper
ripper

Thanks a lot, I really enjoyed reading your posts and your tales from the past. Thanks again for your efforts!

ringo

Thanks WazARAI San :wink:
For Sure!!

mkiiw
mkiiw

Wazari-sanpai , very very appreciate for your input .
Best of luck, and if you feel bored, come back to visit us. 8)

Your input been keep us excited over the seasons, and understand the interesting bits behind the scene.

mclaren111

Thank You Wazari-san !!!

I assume you have been "re-called" and will be working on one of the aforementioned projects :wink: 8) :wink:

Abarth

Wazari wrote:[...]I am going to try to be very careful what I say here. I also will not be posting anymore due to several reasons. [...]
Oh, I hope you are not in trouble because you gave us a lot of very interesting and welcome hints...?

Anyway, it's a bit sad that you will "Step down" here, but some hints regarding you being away from PC seem to point to a certain "Step In" (again)... ;)

All the best to you, ad thanks for the always interesting insight you gave!