Ferrari Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
gruntguru
gruntguru

Re: Ferrari Power Unit

Separate control of left and right bank throttles and different fuel mixture to each bank as required.

Edit. Right throttle is open more than it should be and flagged in red. Right bank is running leaner than left.
Last edited by gruntguru on 04 Mar 2016, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.
je suis charlie

GoranF1
GoranF1

hattrick wrote:telemetry from Haas F1 team:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcpacV7WoAAyo9g.jpg:large
Source

Can someone analyze?
they are using windows 95... :D
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Zynerji

GoranF1 wrote:

Source

Can someone analyze?
I think it's XP in simple mode...

ferkan
ferkan

Whoa Ferrari will be trilled with Haas and Sauber.

Stargazer
Stargazer

GoranF1 wrote: they are using windows 95... :D
Nope, it's Windows 7, possibly Embedded version. WinEmbedded is an edition you can customize and cut as you want in order to create an OS for the specific device/function (still sucking if compared to embedded Linux by a ton of reasons).

Update: it's not Embedded. It's usual one, it even runs antivirus.

irsq4
irsq4

gruntguru wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Variable trumpets confirmed.

135 bar fuel. (could be just start up pressure though).
96*C fuel? What?
TFuelRailGDI = 96.7
TFuelRailGDI 1= 46.1
TFuelRailGDI 2= 96.7
Not surprisingly, they are running heated fuel (as did Honda in the RA168e). This system looks even smarter. Seems they have two fuel supplies - one at the max temp they need (TFuelRailGDI 2) and one near ambient (TFuelRailGDI 1). By varying the mix they can inject at any desired fuel temperature (TFuelRailGDI ) in between, and change the temperature - almost instantly.
By varying fuel injection temp (besides pressure), fuel spray properties are varied ie spray atomization. Sauter Mean Diameter is smaller (smaller droplets) when fuel is injected at higher temp., ref. Tagung Diesel- und Benzindirekteinspritzung

Mr.G

I'm not expert (not even close) but it look's for me like the engine is turned off. Air pressure sensors shows 1 bar...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

hurril
hurril

Mr.G wrote:I'm not expert (not even close) but it look's for me like the engine is turned off. Air pressure sensors shows 1 bar...
The RPM though?

Mr.G

hurril wrote:
Mr.G wrote:I'm not expert (not even close) but it look's for me like the engine is turned off. Air pressure sensors shows 1 bar...
The RPM though?
#-o Don't realize that. So probably idle (throttle 0%) ... 3400rpm sounds like that... It look's like the car is in garage.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Tommy Cookers
Tommy Cookers

irsq4 wrote:
gruntguru wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Variable trumpets confirmed.
135 bar fuel. (could be just start up pressure though).
96*C fuel? What?
TFuelRailGDI = 96.7 TFuelRailGDI 1= 46.1 TFuelRailGDI 2= 96.7
Not surprisingly, they are running heated fuel (as did Honda in the RA168e). This system looks even smarter. Seems they have two fuel supplies - one at the max temp they need (TFuelRailGDI 2) and one near ambient (TFuelRailGDI 1). By varying the mix they can inject at any desired fuel temperature (TFuelRailGDI ) in between, and change the temperature - almost instantly.
By varying fuel injection temp (besides pressure), fuel spray properties are varied ie spray atomization. Sauter Mean Diameter is smaller (smaller droplets) when fuel is injected at higher temp., ref. Tagung Diesel- und Benzindirekteinspritzung
diesel fuel has high viscosity and so has high viscosity change with temperature ?
SI fuel does not

the high-toluene fuel of the 168e era (having a high BP) required controlled heating to improve/standardise its vapourisation
Cosworth talked about charge conditioning (being a reason why PI was good and DI unnecessary in N/A F1engines)
Honda research found PI and charge heating enabled efficient combustion of very lean (AFR 2) homogeneous mixtures

maybe F1 is adjusting fuel temp for similar reasons

Kalsi
Kalsi

Source

Can someone analyze?
As gruntguru noticed... throttle seem opened in different ways between left and right and it seems the engine is idle with the car in the garage...

I can also notice a TExhaustL = 282°C and TExhaustR = 300.5°C
So now i have two questions...
- Could those be the new wastegates exits temperatures?
- May the almost 20°C temp delta be related to some sort of testing of the variable-length intake manifold system? (Different settings between left and right)

F1NAC

Kalsi wrote:

Source

Can someone analyze?
As gruntguru noticed... throttle seem opened in different ways between left and right and it seems the engine is idle with the car in the garage...

I can also notice a TExhaustL = 282°C and TExhaustR = 300.5°C
So now i have two questions...
- Could those be the new wastegates exits temperatures?
- May the almost 20°C temp delta be related to some sort of testing of the variable-length intake manifold system? (Different settings between left and right)
maybe temps from left and right exhaust manifolds

pgfpro

IMO It looks like the
pThrottleL 0.568 bar
pThrottleR 0.574 bar
are left/right intake MAP sensor readings
Based on the A/F ratios average and MAP average the engine is flowing around 3.07 lbs/min of air and 0.0552 lbs/min of fuel
at 3377rpm.
building the perfect beast

Frank_
Frank_

half a bar of vacuum post throttleplate eh, that turbine is barely coasting along @ 3377rpm

toraabe
toraabe

Zynerji wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

Source

Can someone analyze?
I think it's XP in simple mode...
Win 7 classic mode.