2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
superdowg316

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

djos wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:Well, looks like Red Bull have decided to take things....to the Max.

In all seriousness, I seriously don't get this. Kvyat made 1 mistake the race after getting the teams only podium so far and suddenly he has committed an act so vile not even Satan would be with him and Yuji Ide would be considered a greater driver.

Still, this is a great opportunity for Max and this will be the time to see whether he lives up to the hype. He'll struggle possibly at Catalunya with a new car but he's got balls enough to put that thing where it belongs. Oh, and this will spur Daniel on as well.

Suddenly this might actually work out better than expected, maybe.
This isn't his first silly crash tho is it, there were a few eyebrow raisers last year too.
I keep hearing about these crashes towards last year, and I don't remember them too well. Which incidents again? (Asking legitimately, I prefer Max to Daniil but I can't remember what happened with Daniil last year).
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

George-Jung
George-Jung

@ Superdowg, Suzuka?

Kvyat should never have gotten the seat in the first place..

djos

namao wrote:An Austrian, 73-year-old Dr Marko is the head of Red Bull's driver development programme, which supports promising drivers in junior formula with the best progressing to its two Formula 1 teams - Red Bull and Toro Rosso.

Do you want to work at McDonald's serving burgers as an ex-F1 driver? Join now the Red Bull's Driver Academy !!! =D>

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status ... 3606339584
The phrase "convenient excuse" does spring to mind.
"In downforce we trust"

SQA333
SQA333

superdowg316 wrote:
djos wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:Well, looks like Red Bull have decided to take things....to the Max.

In all seriousness, I seriously don't get this. Kvyat made 1 mistake the race after getting the teams only podium so far and suddenly he has committed an act so vile not even Satan would be with him and Yuji Ide would be considered a greater driver.

Still, this is a great opportunity for Max and this will be the time to see whether he lives up to the hype. He'll struggle possibly at Catalunya with a new car but he's got balls enough to put that thing where it belongs. Oh, and this will spur Daniel on as well.

Suddenly this might actually work out better than expected, maybe.
This isn't his first silly crash tho is it, there were a few eyebrow raisers last year too.
I keep hearing about these crashes towards last year, and I don't remember them too well. Which incidents again? (Asking legitimately, I prefer Max to Daniil but I can't remember what happened with Daniil last year).
Japan qualifying and Austin immediately spring to mind. Pure unforced errors.

superdowg316

George-Jung wrote:@ Superdowg, Suzuka?

I remember that, he made a simple mistake touching the grass on a wet circuit and rolled. Wouldn't classify that as an example of dangerous driving, more of a rookie mistake if anything.

djos

George-Jung wrote:@ Superdowg, Suzuka?

Irrc he had a silly crash in the US GP that was all his own fault too.
"In downforce we trust"

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

He had some silly errors during last years races and his qualifiing this year is pretty inconsistent. I think on the total he has been a little inconsistent, where Riciardo has been solid every weekend.

But i'm just biassed :lol:

chenpei24730
chenpei24730

Apparently, RB is focusing on the battle of WDC&WCC in 2017. I guess they made up their minds long ago to replace KVY with VES. So it's just about timing.

Powy
Powy

It's official, Max Verstappen joins Red Bull and Daniil Kvyat re-joins Torro Rosso:
https://twitter.com/redbullracing/statu ... 0955840512 http://www.redbullracing.com/article/new-line-spain

f1316
f1316

It is funny that he's also scored the team's only podium this season.

Nevertheless, it's bold and decisive and I like it. Sainz probably a bit miffed too though.

djos

f1316 wrote:It is funny that he's also scored the team's only podium this season.

Nevertheless, it's bold and decisive and I like it. Sainz probably a bit miffed too though.
He did get lucky with that tho, without Ricciardo getting a puncture Kyvat would have been lucky to get 4th.
Last edited by djos on 05 May 2016, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
"In downforce we trust"

ME4ME

This decision has been long coming:

-Kvyat had a bad start to 2015
-At Monaco he got told to improve by Helmut Marko
-He did improve, but lucked his way to some good finishing positions
-Generally was out performed by Ricciardo on most weekends, incl at Hungary were he just didn't show much pace.
-He had a terrible weekend at Suzuka
-He dumped the car into the barriers at the US GP. Horner obviously not impressed.
-He won the against Ricciardo over the season because: Kvyat lucking into some results, Ricciardo struck by unreliability, Riccardo taking a penalty for trying Renaults new engine.
-Outqualyfied by Ricciardo at all races in 2016.
-Outraced by Ricciardo (only got in front in China because of RIC tyre failure)
-Double-crash in Russia.

-Talented drivers at Toro Rosso waiting for promotion.
-Other teams interested in those drivers

GPR-A duplicate2

If people remember, Danill Kvyat was chosen ahead of Antonio Felix Da Costa, who was a sensation in Red Bull junior drivers and was rated HUGELY, not highly. Because Da Costa had a bad year in Formula Renault in 2013 and Kvyat, not heard of a great deal, had a good year in GP3. The reasons that Marko gave at that time was that, Kvyat is stronger in some mental aspects compared to Da Costa, although Kvyat's resume was not as impressive as Da Costa. In fact, it was Sainz who was the next in line after Da Costa and Kvyat jumped both of them to get the Toro Rosso.
Now that, they have seen Kvyat's performance over the last year and so many mistakes and then there is Max as the alternative, Red Bull have decided to go for it. I don't think the decision is just based on "A RACE" and I guess there is far more qualitative analysis associated with it. If anything, the decision was coming probably sometime late this year.
I think many people are missing a bit of a context here. Kvyat not just made a blunder by terminating Vettel's race, he also screwed Ric's race too and ultimately, the team returned empty handed from Russia. They were trailing Ferrari by 4 points before Russia and wanted to keep a close distance with Ferrari as they have HIGH anticipations from Renault's next upgrade in Canada. To then lose, 15 points to Ferrari and then further move back in Constructor's fight, has definitely made them far more angrier than just a normal accident.

superdowg316

Motorsport.com had an opinion piece with a side by side of Kvyat's 23 races at Red Bull compared to Ricciardo's last 23 races at Red Bull (since start of 2015 season basically):

Wins: 0-0
Podiums: 2-2
Fastest Lap: 4-2 Ricciardo's Favour
Qualifying score: 16-7 Ricciardo's Favour
Race score: 10-11 Kvyat's Favour

ME4ME

The most valuable from that article is the text though, not the stats. On so many occations last year Ricciardo hit trouble while leading over Kvyat. I think Noble's analysis of the situation is pretty good.