2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
superdowg316

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

krisfx wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:
krisfx wrote:
I fail to see how being beaten by a well established driver such as Ricciardo would put his career in trouble...
Because it's all about image. Ricciardo is wanted because he beat Vettel, a 4 times champion, in the same car in his first season at the team. If Max waltzes in and beats him consistently, his value in the driver market takes a hit.
You're talking about Ricciardo's value where I highlighted. I explicitly spoke about Max being beaten by a driver who is well established at a) the team and b) with the current car.
Oops #-o same thing can apply for Max though. Although some see it stupid, most expect him to beat Ricciardo straight away, which I disagree to an extent because he's not yet driven the RB12 ever, but if Ricciardo gets the measure of him the whole season and Max can't get his head around it, the mystic he has now is gone.

Deary me, maybe we, including me, should wait for Spain before making hypothetical outcomes yet :? I'm too excited by the new pairing and what it means admittedly :lol:
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Belatti
Belatti

Did Kvyat do wrong in 2015?
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

domh245
domh245

Belatti wrote:Did Kvyat do wrong in 2015?
He certainly didn't help himself with the accidents in Japanese GP Qualifying (flipping the car) and US GP Race (shunting it into the barrier on the penultimate turn). The only thing in his favour last year is that RIC had so many issues with the car that cost him points (such as at Spa)

wesley123
wesley123

Manoah2u wrote: is it really so hard to take that Max is better than Sainz. some people really are blinded by nationalistic pride,
which is simple nonsense.
Aren't you Dutch?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Craigy

RBR requires that their young drivers are fast over one lap.
Ricciardo outqualified Kvyat 12-7 in 2015.

The_table

Well Kvyat isnt getting completely booted, he's just going back to Torro rosso which is not THAT bad and lets be honest here the hype for Verstappen has been real these last years and he's an entertaining racer.

dans79

Craigy wrote:
RBR requires that their young drivers are fast over one lap.
Ricciardo outqualified Kvyat 12-7 in 2015.
They also require them to have a positive influence on the brand.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Jolle
Jolle

Funny that his dad,Jos, took over half way trough a season from Jan Magnussen, at the Steward Racing, what is now Red Bull after some name changes.

After Minardy/Steward just Renault (Benneton) and Mercedes (Tyrell) to go! Hahaha

Postmoe

The discussion should be how in hell a driving academy that is theoretically activelly seeking for hidden talents ends up promoting former pilot's progeny as Sainz or Verstappen.

Because it was going to be one of those anyway and because there is not something more marketable or convenient out there. Next thing they'll do is to clone Senna and make him drive while still in his diapers.

iotar__

Quote from the other thread:
A cynical might think that moving the Russian driver to the b team after the Russian GP might have been somehow planned ahead?
An Inquisitive mind might think they changed mid-season and not before the start on purpose, not necessarily true but why change now:
- secondary but: promotion mid-season is a bigger story and part of the hype, people are simple and don't care about facts, if they promote him he must be good
- If he kept performing as he had had against Sainz which was comparable, sometimes one was slightly better sometimes the other selling him as "new whoever" would be more and more difficult.
- anything Verstappen does against Ricciardo will be OK (new car team excuse/reason) and the hype will resume, car will be better too which helps (tyres), competition smaller, easier to hide flaws in competitive no man's land behind top two.

Why not do this exchange before the season? Those four races changed absolutely nothing in assessment of their driving. Podium / first lap incident combo means nothing. See above, they noticed dwindling marketing interest. On track performance - the same but without rookie excuses and with new batch of childish behaviour - Australia.

About the contract thing, they go to MV and tell him here's contract extension 3 years TR or RB doesn't matter sign or good bye and he signs in 1 s. This switch is irrelevant to keeping him.

hollus

Maybe this was planned from day one but they waited to move the Russian driver until after the Russian GP? The timing doesn't feel random.
Rivals, not enemies.

dans79

Or it could be as simple as the straw that broke the camels back.

As I posted in the race thread, incidents involving kvyat are becoming more frequent and more serious. Considering he's in his 3rd season, the opposite should be happening.

Monaco 2014
reprimand for impeding Maldonado

Germany 2014
https://vimeo.com/103210762

Austria 2015
hit Perez at the start and damaged his wing.
There were some drivers braking on the straight after the start. Maybe they forgot which pedal to use, and I had nowhere to go.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119627

japan 2015
https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-we ... take-.html
You can add in his radio complaints about having to baby the car.

Austin 2015
http://www.f1zone.net/news/kvyat-disapp ... ash/49543/

China 2016
overly aggressive

Russia 2016
Hit Vettel twice

To me, his resume doesn't look like a driver that's maturing, it looks like a driver that's becoming more arrogant and reckless. Also, he doesn't seem to grasp that f1 drivers are judged on more than where they finish the race.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Sevach
Sevach

Although i was thinking Kyat might not see the entire season through i didn't expect it to be this fast.

SectorOne

djos wrote:
SectorOne wrote:
djos wrote:He rarely put the car in the top ten and as a result was able to chose his race tires under the rules at the time, this also flattered his results.
I call BS.

The fact is that over 2 years of racing there was 1 point separating Vergne and Ricciardo.
Vergne then beat Kvyat after that and still got the boot.

During that time Ricciardo whipped Vettel and got Kvyat as teammate for 2015 were Kvyat beat him.
Sorry but the stats don't lie:

2012:
Top 10 finishes = RIC 6, JEV 4
Qually average = RIC 14.7, JEV 16.65

2013:
Top 10 finishes = RIC 7, JEV 3
Qually average = RIC 10.68, JEV 13.63
The only thing that matters is points.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

dans79

SectorOne wrote: The only thing that matters is points.
To the history books yes, but all the top teams are using F1 purely for marketing purposes. A few points here or there is nothing compared to how the driver is perceived, and how the perceptions of him impact the brand!
201 105 104 9 9 7