2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

ringo wrote:Max nor Danil signed a new contract.

wrong

http://www.f1today.net/nl/nieuws/f1/211 ... n-met-2019
Red Bull expands Verstappen contract to 2019 season
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Henk
Henk

Vasconia wrote: Max is fast, really fast but he hasnt been so consistent and he is not enough mature. He is very good but the hype around him could ruin his career. His ego is enough big to be feeded.
How hasn't he been consistent? Both TR drivers have been very consistent. The only inconsistencies I can think of with Max are Hungary and UK. Monaco didn't cost him a point and I hear that points count. He hasn't lost a point due to his own fault this year and outqualified Sainz 3 to 1. The car has been out of position in a lot of races where he could have easily made mistakes in one of the many overtakes he had to do.

Being polite over the radio has never won nor lost someone a race. Maturity is just an argument old people use to feel significant and other parrot because they don't realise it means nothing. If he is fit for the job, he is fit for the job. His experience might cost him some points since he hasn't experienced a lot of weird situations.

I also don't like his ego and the hype but I think most drivers have a huge ego. This is rarely a problem for the star drivers.

I think he is going to have a hard time at Red Bull. He is the most qualified pick to get the seat. Kvyat didn't deliver enough. Max has more potential than Sainz and is currently a bit faster.

iotar__

Henk wrote:
Vasconia wrote: Max is fast, really fast but he hasnt been so consistent and he is not enough mature. He is very good but the hype around him could ruin his career. His ego is enough big to be feeded.
How hasn't he been consistent? Both TR drivers have been very consistent. The only inconsistencies I can think of with Max are Hungary and UK.
Yes Verstappen in ' 16 was rather consistent his starts are consistently bad and overall he's been consistently mediocre ;-). OK races from memory, i'm not checking but you can and correct it:
'14 - Bahrain - awful pace AFAIR,
- Monaco - below the scale, both qualifying and the race
- Silverstone - below the scale, funny thing professional autosport journalist for qualifying 0,4 and 5 places behind a team mate and a crashing on his own on the first lap gave Verstappen a note 6/10 #-o, that's why I remember. If that's not a sponsored promotion I don't know what is.
- Spa - just watch overtakes on Bottas (got away without a penalty) and awful attempt at Raikkonen, I remember this because F1 expert Brundle immediately blamed it on some other car that wasn't involved (Bottas?) and was just in front
- Singapore - TO circus,
- Hungary - overall
- Abu Dhabi - just bad, locking up destroying tyres and then a penalty
I won't include losing to slower cars - debatable but it did happen IMO several times.

'15 - Australia - good race until the pistop - comedy of errors and childish behaviour afterwards, that's handling of pressure for you, the thing Kvyat is not capable of according to Marko :-)
- China - debatable but I'd say under-performing on every level despite finishing in front of Sainz. Toro Rosso claimed they should have qualified higher + start is not debatable
- Bahrain - start, I'd say pace and qualifying too but I won't argue about it - not exact science
- Russia - start, watch replays for some criminal and lucky driving

Overall:
- inconclusive one lap pace compared to an unknown (Saizn jr), so no saying "fast really fast" is not enough
- handling pressure and wasting best opportunities (Monaco, Hungary etc.)
- consistency and putting full race together (Q, start, pace, racecraft), including record number of penalty points in '15
- race pace including tyre management - I didn't follow that closely but there were examples of some problems even this season (Russia?), so again saying "fast really fast" is not enough

ME4ME

Haters gonna hate.. :wink:

btw you do realize it's 2016, right?

FrukostScones

Nathanael F1 wrote:I'm surprised by this decision! I didn't think Red Bull would demote Kvyat so quickly. Hopefully this change doesn't ruin Verstappen's or Ricciardo's careers.
???

It won't do this and also will boost Kvyat's career. Getting ready to leave to another team but RB teams.

Ricciardo is probably off to somewhere else in 2017 or 2018 ($$$) and that is why RB hired Max verstappen for long term purposes.

Also I think Max verstappen is just the character F1 needs, a fast young spoiled big mouth rich kid with an evil dad.

If RB is this confident (they have the numbers) I see no reason he shouldn't live up to the hype. Imagine Monaco victory :mrgreen:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

WaikeCU

ME4ME wrote:Haters gonna hate.. :wink:

btw you do realize it's 2016, right?
:lol: :lol:

I hope he doesn't do something controversial tbh, like diving in a gap and colliding with a Merc or a Ferrari. I'm sure he's confident and cocky enough to be this fast, but I hope he realizes when not to meddle in a Championship fight between other drivers. Surely he doesn't want to be the one everybody is pointing at when a Championship gets to be decided because of his actions.

Vasconia

max_speed wrote:
Vasconia wrote: Max is fast, really fast but he hasnt been so consistet and he is not enough mature. He is very good but the hype around him could ruin his career. His ego is enough big to be feeded.
i agree to it a bit. he is in demand and somewhat popular because of media. i am happy he is in redbull now.
hype stops now and racing begins. he will have to face Ricciardo ( i guess one of the very best driver in F1 today) , if he does not fair well after few races , noise will start again.
The situation around is a nonsense because the reactions will be too extreme.

1. If he beats Ricciardo, ok hands down. He is the next big thing.

2. If Ricciardo beats him. Makes this him a worse driver? not at all, unless you think he is the next Senna, which is the problem of this hype. Dani is one of the best drivers out there so it should be normal if he can beat Max. We should analyse the difference between them and how Max reacts to this situation.

3. If no one beats the other clearly if would(for me) a moral victory for Max. But it will be interesting to see how people react if this happens. I expect tons of shitty comments with 0 serious thinking and objetivity.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

1st corner verstappen collects rosberg who collects vettel and then ricciardo collects the rear end of vettel and will see Hamilton winning spain GP with Raikkonen 2nd and Kvyat 3rd with the Toro Rosso. in any case, that would be somewhat funny.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

zioture
zioture

Henk
Henk

iotar__ wrote:
Henk wrote:
How hasn't he been consistent? Both TR drivers have been very consistent. The only inconsistencies I can think of with Max are Hungary and UK.
Yes Verstappen in ' 16 was rather consistent his starts are consistently bad and overall he's been consistently mediocre ;-). OK races from memory, i'm not checking but you can and correct it:
'14 - Bahrain - awful pace AFAIR,
- Monaco - below the scale, both qualifying and the race
- Silverstone - below the scale, funny thing professional autosport journalist for qualifying 0,4 and 5 places behind a team mate and a crashing on his own on the first lap gave Verstappen a note 6/10 #-o, that's why I remember. If that's not a sponsored promotion I don't know what is.
- Spa - just watch overtakes on Bottas (got away without a penalty) and awful attempt at Raikkonen, I remember this because F1 expert Brundle immediately blamed it on some other car that wasn't involved (Bottas?) and was just in front
- Singapore - TO circus,
- Hungary - overall
- Abu Dhabi - just bad, locking up destroying tyres and then a penalty
I won't include losing to slower cars - debatable but it did happen IMO several times.

'15 - Australia - good race until the pistop - comedy of errors and childish behaviour afterwards, that's handling of pressure for you, the thing Kvyat is not capable of according to Marko :-)
- China - debatable but I'd say under-performing on every level despite finishing in front of Sainz. Toro Rosso claimed they should have qualified higher + start is not debatable
- Bahrain - start, I'd say pace and qualifying too but I won't argue about it - not exact science
- Russia - start, watch replays for some criminal and lucky driving

Overall:
- inconclusive one lap pace compared to an unknown (Saizn jr), so no saying "fast really fast" is not enough
- handling pressure and wasting best opportunities (Monaco, Hungary etc.)
- consistency and putting full race together (Q, start, pace, racecraft), including record number of penalty points in '15
- race pace including tyre management - I didn't follow that closely but there were examples of some problems even this season (Russia?), so again saying "fast really fast" is not enough
-Monaco pace was faster than teammate. Failed to get the tires working in Q3 like a lot of other drivers.
-Spa overtake on Raikkonen that caused him to lock up and slot in behind is not a mistake but a good save.
-Singapore TO for no reason. Switching might have made a difference but made little sense.

I agree that his starts are bad but he generally has the rest under control. Saying his pace is awful and saying Sainz is not a good baseline is impossible. In Russia he was on track to finish at the best position possible and went long on the SS. I guess we'll see.

WaikeCU

...and the Thursday Drivers Press Conference of the Spanish GP will feature: Max Verstappen, Daniil Kvyat, Sebastian Vettel, Daniel Ricciardo, Carlos Sainz Jr. and Sergio Perez... :lol: :lol:

dans79

Henk wrote: Being polite over the radio has never won nor lost someone a race. Maturity is just an argument old people use to feel significant and other parrot because they don't realise it means nothing.
Lol, you are in your early to mid 20's aren't you?

In general younger people are less mature than older people, but it's not an absolute. One of the most mature people I ever worked with was 19. The most immature person I have ever worked with (and still have to) is 53!
201 105 104 9 9 7

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

I don't want to go into specific races and yes sometimes he can be an arogant kid, but i suspect hus father taugh him. Jos has been messed around with a few times to many in the past. And yes he has that agressiveness for a rookie, but we seen that before with Hamilton and Vettel (Webbers crashkid?).

But what seems to amaze me,,is that the kid has some genuine instinct to find grip. It is the key to his great overtakes and what makes them work without crashing. Most of the time braking late and diving into the inner corner, causes front lockup and understeering into the other car on the outside. But Max just finds more grip somehow and makes it, without any damage.

And altough his agressive driving, he has very decent tire degredation. He just amazed me in '15 and i did not even expected him to be that good.

Henk
Henk

dans79 wrote:
Henk wrote: Being polite over the radio has never won nor lost someone a race. Maturity is just an argument old people use to feel significant and other parrot because they don't realise it means nothing.
Lol, you are in your early to mid 20's aren't you?

In general younger people are less mature than older people, but it's not an absolute. One of the most mature people I ever worked with was 19. The most immature person I have ever worked with (and still have to) is 53!
I was afraid I would leave such an impression...

PlatinumZealot

NL_Fer wrote:I don't want to go into specific races and yes sometimes he can be an arogant kid, but i suspect hus father taugh him. Jos has been messed around with a few times to many in the past. And yes he has that agressiveness for a rookie, but we seen that before with Hamilton and Vettel (Webbers crashkid?).

But what seems to amaze me,,is that the kid has some genuine instinct to find grip. It is the key to his great overtakes and what makes them work without crashing. Most of the time braking late and diving into the inner corner, causes front lockup and understeering into the other car on the outside. But Max just finds more grip somehow and makes it, without any damage.

And altough his agressive driving, he has very decent tire degredation. He just amazed me in '15 and i did not even expected him to be that good.
Pretty much agee totatlly. When Max is coming up on someone you almost know an overtake will happen.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028