2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

Kvyat's problem as mentioned multiple times, seems to be handling pressure. Kvyat had some good performances - when Ricciardo had problems. I'm inclined to say it almost looks like when Kvyat discovers his 'direct opponent - his team member' is in 'difficulty' a whole amount of pressure is relieved from his shoulders and he suddenly is able to perform like he 'really' can.
Ricciardo had lot of bad luck last year AND as mentioned tried the experimental renault engine(s). Everytime Ric was NOT suffering, Kvyat was 'nowhere'. Everytime Ric had some sort of issue, Kvyat shined.

Unfortunately for him, this year, pressure is much higher as he knows his 'adaptation year' is over, and the hot breath of Verstappen ( and Sainz for that matter) was blowing in his neck.
Add to that Ricciardo is having a great start of the season and that's really all it takes.

I don't mourn for Kvyat, more or less for any other of his 'line'. Bourdais, Vergne, etc. Matter of fact, i feel more for Vitaly Petrov as I genuinly believe he was a whole lot better than Kvyat and showed some great driving. I really fail to understand how he hasn't gotten another F1 seat. Guess it can only be down to having the right sponsors/people behind you that are willing to slam down enough money.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Redragon

[As Marca is stating and it backs up my suspicions that Vestapen was moved to Redbull for fear to loose it.

Jos the father kind of amenaze that if he was not at Redbull he will sign for others (Ferrari or Mercedes)

http://www.marca.com/motor/formula1/opi ... 8b4625-div

nokivasara
nokivasara

One thing is for certain, Red Bull sure has gotten a lot of media coverage lately. Haven't heard much since Horners latest outburst of how unfair it all is and that they will quit F1 if not...yada yada yada. So swapping Kvyat/Verstappen is a great marketing move, I bet sales go up once they put Max's face on the RedBull cans.

I think Max is overrated and that Sainz will end up having the most successful career of them two, Max is quick but if he doesn't win his first WDC title in the next few years I think he will soon be forgotten, like most of the other RB academy drivers.

WaikeCU

Manoah2u wrote:Kvyat's problem as mentioned multiple times, seems to be handling pressure. Kvyat had some good performances - when Ricciardo had problems. I'm inclined to say it almost looks like when Kvyat discovers his 'direct opponent - his team member' is in 'difficulty' a whole amount of pressure is relieved from his shoulders and he suddenly is able to perform like he 'really' can.
Ricciardo had lot of bad luck last year AND as mentioned tried the experimental renault engine(s). Everytime Ric was NOT suffering, Kvyat was 'nowhere'. Everytime Ric had some sort of issue, Kvyat shined.

Unfortunately for him, this year, pressure is much higher as he knows his 'adaptation year' is over, and the hot breath of Verstappen ( and Sainz for that matter) was blowing in his neck.
Add to that Ricciardo is having a great start of the season and that's really all it takes.

I don't mourn for Kvyat, more or less for any other of his 'line'. Bourdais, Vergne, etc. Matter of fact, i feel more for Vitaly Petrov as I genuinly believe he was a whole lot better than Kvyat and showed some great driving. I really fail to understand how he hasn't gotten another F1 seat. Guess it can only be down to having the right sponsors/people behind you that are willing to slam down enough money.
Time will tell. Maybe Kvyat is rushed into Red Bull Racing too soon. Just like mentioned he came at Red Bull because Seb left and he was the logical choice. Although one should think about if JEV would have done better. I seriously hope he can pick himself up and just keep his head up this moment. Most guys who lose their rides, also leave F1 immediately. He hasn't he's still lucky Red Bull has a 2nd team where he can step in.

ringo

This may have been a good thing for danil. Romain Grosjean is an example how having hard times early in your career can shape you into a stronger driver. I think Nelson Piquet is another example. On the other hand, Max may be following the path of perez or magnusen. Go to a top team and struggle against the more experience driver then get dropped when they fail to match their teammate by no fault of their own.
For Sure!!

Mansell89
Mansell89

Think Max V is in way too soon here and when he makes the same kind of error as Kyvyat, which will be inevitable as his naivety/fearless youth will see him dive in and around the front runners, what will Helmut do then?

The way Max has been overhyped leaves us in danger of having F1s biggest spoilt brat in history. Personally hope Ricciardo proves who the real deal is but time will tell.

SR71

The deal was done in China (supposedly) after a mega blow up between Tost and MV's side of the garage. Marko had already laid the groundwork prior to the Russian GP.

If true one could suspect kvyat intentionally made that mistake.

Webber2011
Webber2011

SR71 wrote:The deal was done in China (supposedly) after a mega blow up between Tost and MV's side of the garage. Marko had already laid the groundwork prior to the Russian GP.

You really think if the guy knew he was being demoted, he would then "intentionally" do something that could end his career all together ? ? ?
Sorry.............that's just way too bizzare for me to consider.

djos

SR71 wrote:The deal was done in China (supposedly) after a mega blow up between Tost and MV's side of the garage. Marko had already laid the groundwork prior to the Russian GP.

Lol, that's some serious tin foil hat conspiracy theory you've got there!
"In downforce we trust"

Chuckjr

My thought is the fast ones are always fast. They always find time in the car. We saw this in Senna, Shumi, Fred... If Max is as fast as many have been saying, he will likely beat RIC this coming weekend. We have seen phenom drivers do it before. Maybe Max is one, maybe not. Let's see what he's got. F1 needs a charge in the pants and this may be the ticket.
Watching F1 since 1986.

djos

Chuckjr wrote:My thought is the fast ones are always fast. They always find time in the car. We saw this in Senna, Shumi, Fred... If Max is as fast as many have been saying, he will likely beat RIC this coming weekend. We have seen phenom drivers do it before. Maybe Max is one, maybe not. Let's see what he's got. F1 needs a charge in the pants and this may be the ticket.
I think max will be respectable but he's not going to beat Dan unless he has misfortune.

You don't get drivers like Alonso singing someone's praises unless they are the complete package, Dan is that complete package.

Max could learn a lot from Dan's professionalism.
"In downforce we trust"

Chuckjr

I'm all for that and I hope he does. If he's a phenom he will beat RIC. If he's not, he won't--if both cars are equal. Just my 2 cents. No biggy if he's not. You don't need to be a phenom to win in F1 anymore.
Watching F1 since 1986.

superdowg316

Because we all know intentionally crashing to benefit a team has worked out so well in the past.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

SR71 wrote: If true one could suspect kvyat intentionally made that mistake.
somebody's been watching too much Singapore 2008 Grand Prix

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Edax
Edax

Webber2011 wrote:

You really think if the guy knew he was being demoted, he would then "intentionally" do something that could end his career all together ? ? ?
Sorry.............that's just way too bizzare for me to consider.
Agree besides after Bianchi I don't think any driver would be crazy enough to crash on purpose.

I think a more plausible story is that Kyviat knowing about his position in the team figured out that the only way of preventing it was to score a podium or at least outdrive Ricciardio. Red Bull would face a serious backlash if they replaced him after a good result in front of his home crowd and probably would have decided against it.

So he had no option other than to go for broke. It would not surprise me if both incidences occurred because Kyviat was looking at Ricciardo instead of paying attention to that red thing in front of his own front wing.