Ferrari Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
giantfan10
giantfan10

Re: Ferrari Power Unit

GoranF1 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote: If it is a reliability upgrade no performance can be added.
You must be trolling lol......
?
Im going to guess that whatever rule you are getting your point of view from says the upgrades cannot be for performance... so Ferrari installs a more reliable turbocharger that they can run at the higher RPM that they wanted to with the older flawed design....a result of using a turbocharger that they can run at max rpm is more horsepower and more electricity produced... what would u do if you wer the governing body?
I suspect Ferrari showed the FIA that they were not running the old turbocharger at max rpm because of the kimi blowup

GoranF1
GoranF1

giantfan10 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: You must be trolling lol......
?
Im going to guess that whatever rule you are getting your point of view from says the upgrades cannot be for performance... so Ferrari installs a more reliable turbocharger that they can run at the higher RPM that they wanted to with the older flawed design....a result of using a turbocharger that they can run at max rpm is more horsepower and more electricity produced... what would u do if you wer the governing body?
I suspect Ferrari showed the FIA that they were not running the old turbocharger at max rpm because of the kimi blowup
I think thats wishfull thinking....not only FIA would not allow that, also other manufactures would complain.....it will be a small fix.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

giantfan10
giantfan10

GoranF1 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote: ?
I think thats wishfull thinking....not only FIA would not allow that, also other manufactures would complain.....it will be a small fix.
Its already been approved and they are changing the turbo and MGU-H token free... sorry to burst your bubble

Juzh

Last year in canada mercedes introduced a "reliability" upgrade which also gave them a boost in speed as a result.

Jolle
Jolle

giantfan10 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: Im going to guess that whatever rule you are getting your point of view from says the upgrades cannot be for performance... so Ferrari installs a more reliable turbocharger that they can run at the higher RPM that they wanted to with the older flawed design....a result of using a turbocharger that they can run at max rpm is more horsepower and more electricity produced... what would u do if you wer the governing body?
Its already been approved and they are changing the turbo and MGU-H token free... sorry to burst your bubble
And reliability upgrade is per definition a performance update.

You upgrade it because you can't run the part at 100%.

GoranF1
GoranF1

giantfan10 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: Im going to guess that whatever rule you are getting your point of view from says the upgrades cannot be for performance... so Ferrari installs a more reliable turbocharger that they can run at the higher RPM that they wanted to with the older flawed design....a result of using a turbocharger that they can run at max rpm is more horsepower and more electricity produced... what would u do if you wer the governing body?
Looking at Ferrari's upgrades in the last 8-9 years it will most likely mean a step or two backwards.....sorry to burst your bubble. :D

Allgäu Schorsch
Allgäu Schorsch

Juzh wrote:Last year in canada mercedes introduced a "reliability" upgrade which also gave them a boost in speed as a result.
Sorry, but this year there are the French coming up - not the Italians. - You will see next weekend!!

with kind regards

giantfan10
giantfan10

GoranF1 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote: I think thats wishfull thinking....not only FIA would not allow that, also other manufactures would complain.....it will be a small fix.
Looking at Ferrari's upgrades in the last 8-9 years it will most likely mean a step or two backwards.....sorry to burst your bubble. :D
I could mention mclaren and their mediocrity but why bother?? Lol

GoranF1
GoranF1

giantfan10 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: Its already been approved and they are changing the turbo and MGU-H token free... sorry to burst your bubble
You could but it would be off topic....this is a thread about Ferrari engine backward steps not Mclaren.

ferkan
ferkan

GoranF1 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote: Looking at Ferrari's upgrades in the last 8-9 years it will most likely mean a step or two backwards.....sorry to burst your bubble. :D
You could but it would be off topic....this is a thread about Ferrari engine backward steps not Mclaren.
This is a thread about Ferraris engine backward steps? Got to say, first time hearing it.

carisi2k

giantfan10 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
Do you have a link to that news. I haven't seen that information on any of the F1 websites I visit.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Ferrari TC in Canada will not bring any more power in Q mode that what Ferrari already have(the point of FIA reliabilty updates)...but Ferrari may now be able to use it more in race modes.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/f1talks/status/740119801415225344

Sevach
Sevach

Distinctive whistle sound from an onboard.

dren

It's the turbine, how well it harvests. They won't have to spend as much time harvesting down the straight.
Honda!

giantfan10
giantfan10

GoranF1 wrote:Ferrari TC in Canada will not bring any more power in Q mode that what Ferrari already have(the point of FIA reliabilty updates)...but Ferrari may now be able to use it more in race modes.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/f1talks/status/740119801415225344
What youre saying doesnt make sense...
The turbo now spinning at max RPM and a new compressor will provide more power regardless of it its qualifying or in the race....lower RPM = less boost and the previous turbo was running at less than max rpm to preserve it..im not saying there will be some earth shattering improvement but there should be improvement.