Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Honda Power Unit

Yes.. might have even declared them before winter testing too If my source (cough cough) is true...
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Racing Green in 2028

PhillipM
PhillipM

Can't see that being the case, it would be a terrible idea - what if you find gains in the meantime? Or an issue with another part means a knock-on token use is required elsewhere. You can't then change from your declared design. It brings no advantage at all, just disadvantages, would be a silly thing to do.

PlatinumZealot

My source on this topic has some trouble speaking english... Hmm. He said no they did not declare before. He said they did the inlets and there is space left for tye future compressor. Which is already designed....

Source could be a complete fake... He could be lying. He's probably not even japanese. U never know how u meet wading thru the dark internet. Ok i will leave it for the engine speculation thread.

Racing Green in 2028

Sasha
Sasha

10 Tokens left.

How many tokens for new whole heads(pre-chamber and trick injectors) and compressor?

godlameroso

I don't think they need to change the turbo any more. It costs 3 tokens to upgrade the combustion, they may need to upgrade the fuel system, maybe some ancillaries. It could cost as little as 5 or as many as 8. I have a feeling though that they'll be doing a small 2 token upgrade before the summer break. Maybe that's the compressor PZ is talking about?
Saishลซ kลnฤ

Pierce89

Well Sainz thinks the Honda is finally roughly even with the '15 Ferrari.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/131807-hon ... ari-engine
โ€œTo be able to actually make something is awfully niceโ€
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

โ€œI've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger goโ€
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

maguetox
maguetox

Pierce89 wrote:Well Sainz thinks the Honda is finally roughly even with the '15 Ferrari.

Well Marc Gene ( he works for Ferrari) is a common figure in the F1 transmissions for Latin America, he said that the big surprise this weekend is McL-H and their progression helped by Honda development.

I think is fair to say that Honda is improving more than the rest of the teams, not only on reliability but in performance.

mrluke
mrluke

Pierce89 wrote:Well Sainz thinks the Honda is finally roughly even with the '15 Ferrari.

At least somebody agrees with me :roll: :D

techman
techman

the honda engine is more powerfull than the ferrar 2015, just look how much less wing angle these TR run, no monkey wings and their rear wing is small compared to mclaren. obviously this will help them in qualify in britain, because all team will run low fuel, so running less wing will be an advantage, but just watch them in race, when everyone run heavy fuel, their race pace will be slow due to lack of downforce in the fast sections and slow sections. .they are run low wing just for glory runs in qualifying but will struggle in race, with heavy fuel. Their race pace was slow compared to both mclaren in practice.

diffuser

techman wrote:the honda engine is more powerfull than the ferrar 2015, just look how much less wing angle these TR run, no monkey wings and their rear wing is small compared to mclaren. obviously this will help them in qualify in britain, because all team will run low fuel, so running less wing will be an advantage, but just watch them in race, when everyone run heavy fuel, their race pace will be slow due to lack of downforce in the fast sections and slow sections. .they are run low wing just for glory runs in qualifying but will struggle in race, with heavy fuel. Their race pace was slow compared to both mclaren in practice.
STR are running much more wing. On STR, lower part of the rear wing is exposed by about a couple of inches. While Mclaren maybe a 1/2".

GoranF1
GoranF1

Alonso post race:

Whit 80 or 100HP less you have to take some risk.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

PlatinumZealot

Not bad for No TJI. That's about 40% thermal efficiency. The TJI should help them recover another 4% at least. It should bring honda up to the same peak power at Mercedes. I cannot speak for the average power over the race though.

Racing Green in 2028

loner

PlatinumZealot wrote:Not bad for No TJI. That's about 40% thermal efficiency. The TJI should help them recover another 4% at least. It should bring honda up to the same peak power at Mercedes. I cannot speak for the average power over the race though.
i think you got it right about the 36 mm
and if your source is for real , perhaps new compressor in germany and ice upgrade in spa i recall hasegawa said in august they will evaluate the lay out ( in the V ) should they keep it or ditch it , spa gp is the only race in august
para bellum.

Sasha
Sasha

godlameroso wrote:I don't think they need to change the turbo any more. It costs 3 tokens to upgrade the combustion, they may need to upgrade the fuel system, maybe some ancillaries. It could cost as little as 5 or as many as 8. I have a feeling though that they'll be doing a small 2 token upgrade before the summer break. Maybe that's the compressor PZ is talking about?
Compressor is max out now,so if they do the Pre-Chamber CC this year they will need a bigger Compressor.

It looks like they are doing a compromise because of the tokens with the TC.Using the same design(in the V) but making it larger.(less tokens and less things to redesign and move)

Thunder

From the Car Thread:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum