What do you think about Superleague Formula?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...

SL Formula will...

be like A1GP
No votes
be better than A1GP
33%
suck like all those kind of spec formula series
67%

Total votes: 12

Belatti
Belatti

What do you think about Superleague Formula?

Powerful and reliable, with an impressive noise like no other, the 750bhp engine is brand new and unique (to Superleague Formula) design comes in a V12 configuration and 4.2 litre capacity
Engine specification

No of Cylinders: 12
Capacity: 4.2 Litres
Configuration: 60 degrees V formation
Weight: 140KG (Dry)
Peak Power: 750bhp @ 11,750 rpm
Maximum RPM: 12,000
Peak Torque: 510 N/M 9,500 10,500

Its like a 1991 engine performance, with 0.7 litres more, don´t you think?
Having already passed all the latest safety crash tests, in accordance with the governing body’s (FIA) criteria...
Under-body aerodynamics will also allow cars to follow nose-to-tail, creating increased overtaking opportunities
‘Slick’ racing style tyres with no grooves or tread
jaja! seems these guys read this forum!

PANOZ (USA) SUPERLEAGUE DP09B CAR SPECS
Overall car width to wheel rim: 2000mm
Wheelbase: 3156mm
Total Length: 4600mm (tbc)
Max Height: 995mm
Front Wing Width: 1400mm
Rear Wing Width: 1000mm
Bodywork Width: 1400mm
Weight Target: 675kg

this one looks sci-fi!
Its like this guys car:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Principessa

Re: What do you think about Superleague Formula?

Here is some more news about the Superleague :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/7694. I wrote it in November.

I think it will be a good way for new, young drivers to show what they've got. But I believe that there is too much prize money to win. I also believe it's nice to see how the superleague series tries to unite two of the most popular sports in Europe: Football and motorsport. If it will be a success...well let's just wait and see.

zac510
zac510

Another commercial/marketing based motorsport series. I don't mind it at club/national level but at international I couldn't give a rat's arse. Same goes for football.
No good turn goes unpunished.

tomislavp4

Same here 8)

dumrick
dumrick

Well, I'll be glad to be able to cheer for FC Porto in a racing series. But I may end up not giving a damn about it, like with A1 GP. The cars at least look decent, though (the thing I can stand the least in A1 GP).

Concerning the marketing thinking behind it, it could be an interesting idea: at least in southern europe, people are so fanatic about their club, that they might begin watching motorsport only because of this. :mrgreen:

Ogami musashi
Ogami musashi

Well, time will tell, it may be interesting but something bother me a bit.
I'm fed up with this "driver skill-wheel to wheel action-level field" idea.
Come'on copy and paste this into any open wheeler series that is not F1 as if F1 was the "non racing series".

Well to my mind as soon as F1 doesn't elvolve into those [insert a name for a specs series on slicks with ground effects] i'd be happy to watch those series.

But i certainly do not hope F1 become something like that, so everything is fine, let's see what this series bring, i don't like football but hey i don't like Marlboro either!

Belatti
Belatti

Only as a note, I must say that the mixture between football and racing has been tested in Argentina with the roofed series "TOP RACE V6". A bunch of Mondeos, Mercs, Vectras, Peugeots, Hondas and Toyotas painted each one in the colors of some football club.
Neither the fans of auto racing or football have been too attracted to such series and, even if its still there, its passing quite unnoticed.
Not to mention that races take place in weekends without TC or TC2000 (The Series here) because TOP RACE "bosses" brought its drivers to make things a bit more interesting.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

greenpower dude reloaded

Hmm, I wonder what it would be like if it was the other way around Motorsport football teams.. I know there are a few matches that take place in the paddock from time to time, but it would be interesting to see if the (football/racing) boot was on the other foot so to speak.