Renault Sport F1 R.S.17

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: Renault Sport F1 R.S.17

NutritionFact wrote:So they have a raised Floor under the sidepodintake?!! Looks Like a funnel to suck air for the diffuser...
I think they increased the allowed radius in this area. It used to be 50mm and I think it's increased to 100mm. This allows accounts for some of the increased downforce.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

motobaleno

this car seems quite draggy
but who knows...maybe this strange floor will grant a wonderful downforce

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

roon
roon

Floor edge scallops.

kooleracer
kooleracer

deleted post
Last edited by kooleracer on 21 Feb 2017, 18:16, edited 4 times in total.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Must admit, I'm quite disappointed in the increased length of the cars so far, is there a specific reason for this?

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

That RAKE!

motobaleno

who is the holy man who starts the 2017 car comparison 3d? =D>

CBeck113
CBeck113

kooleracer wrote:http://i.imgur.com/G9qGpBB.jpg

Interresting, this is removed of some of the 3D renders. Its definitely a small winglet.
I believe that that is a light area surrounded by shadows from the camera mount and front suspension, and not a winglet
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

kooleracer
kooleracer

Diesel wrote:Must admit, I'm quite disappointed in the increased length of the cars so far, is there a specific reason for this?
Longer and stable aero platform, more downforce. All of the cars will be longer in 2017.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

kooleracer wrote:
Diesel wrote:Must admit, I'm quite disappointed in the increased length of the cars so far, is there a specific reason for this?
Longer and stable aero platform, more downforce. All of the cars will be longer in 2017.
Larger fuel tank.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

FW17

Lower wishbone and drive shaft together?

kooleracer
kooleracer

CBeck113 wrote:
kooleracer wrote:http://i.imgur.com/G9qGpBB.jpg

Interresting, this is removed of some of the 3D renders. Its definitely a small winglet.
I believe that that is a light area surrounded by shadows from the camera mount and front suspension, and not a winglet
You are totally right, the reflection got me fooled :D

turbof1

FW17 wrote:Lower wishbone and drive shaft together?

https://i.imgur.com/OQGzJXlh.jpg
Yep. It's the famous solution from red bull first used during the 2012 european grand prix.
#AeroFrodo