2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
proteus

Re: 2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

Manjhi wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Please don´t let Honda read this, they could fall into depression. #-o
There is report surfacing on internet that Honda engine lost power after 6 miles of testing on the car. :D :D

And if it is true then SFI, Williams & Renault will be drooling right now. =P~
Have u confused it with the STR braking down after 6 laps maybe? Numbers are suspically similar.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Manjhi
Manjhi

proteus wrote:
Have u confused it with the STR braking down after 6 laps maybe? Numbers are suspically similar.
My bad #-o #-o #-o #-o

The number "6 miles" did came from STR news. :D :D

Very bad overlapping :wtf: :wtf:

But the news regarding Honda Engine was posted by one of the guy on internet.

Flying JPS Lotus

Rumor is Force India are in talks with Austrian company BWT to sponsor their car. Could this end up being their livery?

Last edited by Flying JPS Lotus on 04 Mar 2017, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
"Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!"

#AeroUruk-Hai

Manjhi
Manjhi

I hope they'll get some $ 10+ million from this deal, coz I want this team to succeed. The FOM money is just not enough this time, I have heard that there is 50% increase in just the development cost of this car. Plus Renault is back with more funds and new energy, they could easily loose their place in the front of the mid-grid, if they don't develop this car.

edu2703
edu2703

Manjhi wrote:According to Recent comments from experts on several forums, VJM10 looks mean and will be ahead of the Mclaren, Renault,Williams & Sauber for sure. =D> =D>
Well...
FORCE INDIA - The team did not impress at the start. Made his fastest laps with both drivers using super-soft compounds and even then they were P15 and P16 overall. In mileage they only ran more than McLaren and Toro Rosso. Williams does not count because he stayed one day without running for lack of parts, otherwise they would have run much more than Force India. And guys, what a ugly car!

There seems to be missing downforce in the car, which brakes very early and is so slowly on the corners, just like McLaren. In 2016 they surprised and stayed in P4 in the constructors' championship. This year I doubt they will. Unless they have something very good up their sleeve to show next week.

Original article (In Portuguese): http://www.autoracing.com.br/analise-da ... 1-parte-1/

ringo

The car probably just need to be set up properly. But with mercedes engine and a chassis which builds on last year's i dont expect them to stay behind for long.
For Sure!!

Manjhi
Manjhi

edu2703 wrote:
Well...
https://cdn-5.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... -vjm10.jpg
FORCE INDIA - The team did not impress at the start. Made his fastest laps with both drivers using super-soft compounds and even then they were P15 and P16 overall. In mileage they only ran more than McLaren and Toro Rosso. Williams does not count because he stayed one day without running for lack of parts, otherwise they would have run much more than Force India. And guys, what a ugly car!

There seems to be missing downforce in the car, which brakes very early and is so slowly on the corners, just like McLaren. In 2016 they surprised and stayed in P4 in the constructors' championship. This year I doubt they will. Unless they have something very good up their sleeve to show next week.

Original article (In Portuguese): http://www.autoracing.com.br/analise-da ... 1-parte-1/
Well I read that article as well, and when I saw the car at the corners I saw it was struggling. Definitely it is struggling at this point of time, they will have to come up with something updated otherwise Renault will kill their chances this year. [-o<

Williams too looks like struggling at some corners.

But hey !!! Barcelona has never been SFI's track, their cars are good at braking (i.e. Monaco & Baku) and straight line speed. But I also observed from the data that the car is also struggling on straight line speed.

IamLegend
IamLegend

Manjhi wrote:
edu2703 wrote:
Well...
https://cdn-5.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... -vjm10.jpg

Well I read that article as well, and when I saw the car at the corners I saw it was struggling. Definitely it is struggling at this point of time, they will have to come up with something updated otherwise Renault will kill their chances this year. [-o<

Williams too looks like struggling at some corners.

But hey !!! Barcelona has never been SFI's track, their cars are good at braking (i.e. Monaco & Baku) and straight line speed. But I also observed from the data that the car is also struggling on straight line speed.
Could it be due to the exhaust issues they've encountered during fist week of testing?

I'm under the impression the Mercedes powered PUs have been dialed down and hence the lack of the top speed or else how do we make the connection that the current iteration of the PUs are generating more than expected power but that's not translating in the speed traps? The only other issue I can think if they aren't dialed down is weight - fuel loads perhaps.

https://thejudge13.com/2017/02/28/merce ... mulations/

Manjhi
Manjhi

IamLegend wrote: Could it be due to the exhaust issues they've encountered during fist week of testing?

I'm under the impression the Mercedes powered PUs have been dialed down and hence the lack of the top speed or else how do we make the connection that the current iteration of the PUs are generating more than expected power but that's not translating in the speed traps? The only other issue I can think if they aren't dialed down is weight - fuel loads perhaps.

They mostly follow their programs, they also did the same thing last year, I heard Bob saying that "they are satisfied with their program". I think when you see people criticizing the VJM10, at the same time they also say that 'it looked solid'. I think the main purpose behind their program is to check the reliability of the car, and SFI is known for developing a very reliable chassis.

I am hoping that they will test the actual speed in the next test, plus their lack of speed on straight shows that they are definitely not running at full throttle. Coz if they don't have downforce then at least the car should be faster on straight.

But Barcelona is not a representative track for VJM chassis, so we can't say anything about their car/season now. They are known for coming back strongly as the season progresses.

IamLegend
IamLegend

Manjhi wrote:
IamLegend wrote: Could it be due to the exhaust issues they've encountered during fist week of testing?

They mostly follow their programs, they also did the same thing last year, I heard Bob saying that "they are satisfied with their program". I think when you see people criticizing the VJM10, at the same time they also say that 'it looked solid'. I think the main purpose behind their program is to check the reliability of the car, and SFI is known for developing a very reliable chassis.

I am hoping that they will test the actual speed in the next test, plus their lack of speed on straight shows that they are definitely not running at full throttle. Coz if they don't have downforce then at least the car should be faster on straight.

But Barcelona is not a representative track for VJM chassis, so we can't say anything about their car/season now. They are known for coming back strongly as the season progresses.
Yes, they're just following their program and gathering data, with the new aero package, tires etc or else the speed should be there due to lack of downforce or the other way around. I also read that this year teams are only allowed 4 PUs for the entire season without penalty, I'm not sure if this restriction plays into testing also but they are just getting a general sense of reliability.

vas_04614
vas_04614

I'm not expert by any means but from the videos out there

Looks like car turns in steps rather than smoothly (over-steer??)...like a deadly front end but zero rear.

blacksky200
blacksky200

That could be just set up.
Having said that, a best time of 1m 22.509s so far across both tests is hardly reassuring.

IamLegend
IamLegend

blacksky200 wrote:That could be just set up.
Having said that, a best time of 1m 22.509s so far across both tests is hardly reassuring.
1:21:347 on the Super Softs by Ocon. He's also racked up 112 laps and counting as of now. \m/ =D>

Manjhi
Manjhi

Ocon did good laps today, 142 lap will boost the teams confidence. Plus during the race simulation on medium tyre was Ocon was consistently hitting 1.26 marks, which was .5 to .8 sec faster than what Mclaren was doing. So Mclaren is in no competition with SFI as of now. But Williams looks way ahead of VJM.

IamLegend
IamLegend

Manjhi wrote:Ocon did good laps today, 142 lap will boost the teams confidence. Plus during the race simulation on medium tyre was Ocon was consistently hitting 1.26 marks, which was .5 to .8 sec faster than what Mclaren was doing. So Mclaren is in no competition with SFI as of now. But Williams looks way ahead of VJM.
I might sound cliched, but I'll bet my chips on a more experienced Driver. Tomorrow is Checo's turn, let's see what he can do.