2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JonoNic

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

I like Alonso, but time for him to leave F1. No top drive for him next season. If Mclaren goes with Renault pu then all Honda guys are out of F1 work. A manufacturer is bigger than any driver so time to pack up Alonso.
Always find the gap then use it.

Alonso Fan

Coulthard said that Alonso leaving f1 is a bigger disappointment than Honda leaving f1. And I agree with him
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

RedNEO

Sayeman wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 14:25
Another classic messed up pitstop from Mclaren, Honda's gonna get the stick for it though.

Does any other team has more incompetent pit stop crews than Mclaren?

A race to forget.....
The mechanics heads probably dropped after seeing the amazing start from Alonso to be best of the rest followed by every guy and his grandma breezing past the Honda like it was road car on the straight. Why bother going for a sub 2 second pit stop for all your hard work to be undone in one straight.

RedNEO

Alonso Fan wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 14:49
Coulthard said that Alonso leaving f1 is a bigger disappointment than Honda leaving f1. And I agree with him
Absolutely, one has the talent to be in F1 and the other doesn't.

Sayeman

RedNEO wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 14:50
Sayeman wrote:
Another classic messed up pitstop from Mclaren, Honda's gonna get the stick for it though.

A race to forget.....
The mechanics heads probably dropped after seeing the amazing start from Alonso to be best of the rest followed by every guy and his grandma breezing past the Honda like it was road car on the straight. Why bother going for a sub 2 second pit stop for all your hard work to be undone in one straight.
As i said, somehow magically Honda will be blamed for poor pitstops...
And on top pf that Alonso decided to retire...was he even pushing the whole race? or trying to make a point to honda?
Never Give up.

Alonso Fan

Well, at least they're saving the engine for the next race.

He was pushing. Anyone can see that first lap and the subsequent laps after
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Alonso Fan

He had the pace to be 11th possibly 10th but that pit stop was absolutely terrible.
Last edited by Alonso Fan on 27 Aug 2017, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

proteus

Sayeman wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 14:55
RedNEO wrote:
Sayeman wrote:

A race to forget.....
And on top pf that Alonso decided to retire...was he even pushing the whole race? or trying to make a point to honda?
I bet he was intentionally easing off on the straights, only to be able to rant about Honda. I admit he has a pair of large "cohones" that he decided to do that instead of fighting for the win.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

RedNEO

proteus wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:01
Sayeman wrote:
RedNEO wrote:

I bet he was intentionally easing off on the straights, only to be able to rant about Honda. I admit he has a pair of large "cohones" that he decided to do that instead of fighting for the win.
Intentionally eased off on the straights? lol I'm going to make sure you remember this for a long time. Let's forget about how hard he fought at the beginning so he can intentionally go slow in the straight because he doesn't want the Honda engine to look good :roll:

JonoNic

Alonso is talented we all agree, but even a slow Honda allows there to be 4 manufacturers in F1. No other manufacturer will join.
Always find the gap then use it.

proteus

RedNEO wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:13
proteus wrote:
Sayeman wrote:

Intentionally eased off on the straights? lol I'm going to make sure you remember this for a long time. Let's forget about how hard he fought at the beginning so he can intentionally go slow in the straight because he doesn't want the Honda engine to look good :roll:
It was sarcasm....
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Alonso Fan

Dimi wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:08
The most embarrassing thing about honda is that they still paying this a$$h@le..
Yeah, God forbid they stop paying him and he leaves. Then they will look even worse than they do now
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

RedNEO

proteus wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:16
RedNEO wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:13
proteus wrote:

It was sarcasm....
Yeah sorry, would have helped if you put an emoji since there's people here who are straight up just bashing Alonso.

GhostF1
GhostF1

Squid wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:22
RedNEO wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:19
Dimi wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:08
The most embarrassing thing about honda is that they still paying this a$$h@le..
Honda fans really are the worst of the worst.
This coming from one of the most toxic users here.
Regardless of the engine being exposed here as they all knew would happen, it's disgraceful sportsmanship. All the fans who went to see him race, I feel like I should apologise on behalf of of him. His tantrums are just as unbearable as the engine at times. Who knows what could of happened if he stuck it out with that safety car.

Sayeman

GhostF1 wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:38
Squid wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:22
RedNEO wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 15:19

Honda fans really are the worst of the worst.
This coming from one of the most toxic users here.
Regardless of the engine being exposed here as they all knew would happen, it's disgraceful sportsmanship. All the fans who went to see him race, I feel like I should apologise on behalf of of him. His tantrums are just as unbearable as the engine at times. Who knows what could of happened if he stuck it out with that safety car.
And people still wonder why no top team wants him, despite being a top driver.
Never Give up.