2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FW17

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

3 sec a lap slower with Honda
Red Bull 1.5 sec a lap slower

Even if Renault improve next year and Mclaren are 1 sec a lap slower, it is not going to be a WDC or WCC contender

diffuser

It looks to me like their biggest problem isn't lack of peak power, It's efficiency.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Andres125sx wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 13:09
GoranF1 wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 18:01
Andres125sx wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 16:20

Fixed this for you :mrgreen:

Also, in FP2 when Lewis improved best FP1 time by 8 tenths, Alonso is 1.99 seconds off. Not something to celebrate obviously, but taking into accound how power hungry this track is, and also how long it is, I think under 2 seconds to Mercedes is not bad at all, we all knew Spa would be very difficult for McHonda, didn´t we? :wink:
Kvyat, Massa, Gorsjean and Magnussen will all be infront of Mclaren in case of dry Q.
Well, it was a dry Q and...

Kvyat.... fail
Massa.... fail
Grosjean... fail
Magnussen... fail

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GoranF1 wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 19:34
On this track in Q. Mclaren is the slowest of midfield and if normal condition will be P15 and P16 in Q.
On tracks like HUN and Singapoure will be fastest of midfield group.

Anything else is fairy tail.
P11 and P15 with Alonso´s car suffering a problem, and Vandoorne car not doing a single lap in Q2. If we take Alonso´s problem as part of racing, still Stoffel could have been P12 easily

As you can see it was far from a fairy tale.... as I guess that´s what you meant, because if it was not a typo and you really meant fairy tail I don´t know what were you refering to, and don´t want to know!! :P :lol:

PS. Don´t take this post bad, it´s just a desperate attempt to show you your constant pesimism and bashing towards McHonda should be contolled, as situation, even when far from ideal, is not that catastrophic, they´re constantly improving and none of us would have thought Q3 was possible in Spa, but in the end it was :wink:
In Q ok....it seems that Honda is a little better in quali, but did you watch the race? All of those guys overtake Alonso whit no problem. Alonso said after the race something that makes it quite clear he is staying but Honda not.

BTW there was no problem whit the car he just drove in the pits very angry.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

ZakB
ZakB

diffuser wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 17:51
It looks to me like their biggest problem isn't lack of peak power, It's efficiency.
Sadly, it's both.

adrianjordan

GoranF1 wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 18:36
Andres125sx wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 18:01

Kvyat, Massa, Gorsjean and Magnussen will all be infront of Mclaren in case of dry Q.

Kvyat.... fail
Massa.... fail
Grosjean... fail
Magnussen... fail

GoranF1 wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 19:34
On this track in Q. Mclaren is the slowest of midfield and if normal condition will be P15 and P16 in Q.
On tracks like HUN and Singapoure will be fastest of midfield group.

Anything else is fairy tail.
P11 and P15 with Alonso´s car suffering a problem, and Vandoorne car not doing a single lap in Q2. If we take Alonso´s problem as part of racing, still Stoffel could have been P12 easily

As you can see it was far from a fairy tale.... as I guess that´s what you meant, because if it was not a typo and you really meant fairy tail I don´t know what were you refering to, and don´t want to know!! :P :lol:

PS. Don´t take this post bad, it´s just a desperate attempt to show you your constant pesimism and bashing towards McHonda should be contolled, as situation, even when far from ideal, is not that catastrophic, they´re constantly improving and none of us would have thought Q3 was possible in Spa, but in the end it was :wink:
In Q ok....it seems that Honda is a little better in quali, but did you watch the race? All of those guys overtake Alonso whit no problem. Alonso said after the race something that makes it quite clear he is staying but Honda not.

What did he say??
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Redragon

If I am alonso I would have retire the car too today. It is not unrespectfull but he is gonna have sanctions because more updates are coming probably he doesn't want to add more sanctions because of overdo engine. Preserve engine is the motivation there. If I have to be piss of it is to the rules of 4 engines a year, that it is disrespetful as most of the time teams are in conservative mood to save the engines.

GoranF1
GoranF1

adrianjordan wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 19:57
GoranF1 wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 18:36
Andres125sx wrote:

Kvyat.... fail
Massa.... fail
Grosjean... fail
Magnussen... fail

What did he say??
Something like.....everything in this team is perfect, there is just one change needed.

RS200E

Depressing today. Didn't watch the podium although chirpy Honey Badger might have cheered me up if I did.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

RS200E

Honestly cannot see Honda closing this deficit in this engine formula.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

GoranF1
GoranF1

At the end of this interview it is quite clear that Zak Brown wants the same thing as Alonso and says once that is done, Alonso will stay.

Knowing that Mercedes , Ferrari and Renault have chickened out giving their PU to one of the best chassis on the grid, how possible it is that. secretly Cosworth who Zak is conected to will suply Mclaren whit PU?
Also Zak and Eric were seen in Porsche garage in LeMans, is it to late for those 2 options?
Or is Torro Roso switch of PU only real option?

https://youtu.be/xJ4-DnBGa-Y

Sayeman

GoranF1 wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 23:24
At the end of this interview it is quite clear that Zak Brown wants the same thing as Alonso and says once that is done, Alonso will stay.

Knowing that Mercedes , Ferrari and Renault have chickened out giving their PU to one of the best chassis on the grid, how possible it is that. secretly Cosworth who Zak is conected to will suply Mclaren whit PU?
Also Zak and Eric were seen in Porsche garage in LeMans, is it to late for those 2 options?

Mclaren and Alonso have been bigging up their chassis so much that no manufacturer wants to supply them with PU.

Also only Porche? i thought at least 63 car manufacturers submitted application to Mr. Boulier to supply Mclaren with PUs?
Never Give up.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Sayeman wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 23:39
GoranF1 wrote:

Mclaren and Alonso have been bigging up their chassis so much that no manufacturer wants to supply them with PU.

Also only Porche? i thought at least 63 car manufacturers submitted application to Mr. Boulier to supply Mclaren with PUs?
If you watched that interview you know Honda will not suply Mclaren....who will i dont know but someone will.

kfrantzios
kfrantzios

GoranF1 wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 23:42
Sayeman wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

If you watched that interview you know Honda will not suply Mclaren....who will i dont know but someone will.
So, how are they going to break the contract?

GoranF1
GoranF1

kfrantzios wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 23:59
GoranF1 wrote:
Sayeman wrote:

Performance clause

kfrantzios
kfrantzios

GoranF1 wrote:
28 Aug 2017, 00:00
kfrantzios wrote:
27 Aug 2017, 23:59
GoranF1 wrote:

Performance clause
Let's see. If spec 4 is a failure and there is a performance clause in the contract, then an engine manufacturer will be forced to supply engines to Mclaren by regulations.