2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

True, it's a huge mess. But in the End it comes down to the question if McLaren can afford to have another potential development Season. As Zak pointed out their Shareholders are commited enough so they can decide solely on a sporting Base. Financials will get sorted.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... al-947922/

Where that leaves Honda? No Idea honestly. Can't imagine they came to F1 to be partnered with TR (no offense) and at the same Time based on the last 3 Seasons i can not imagine RB just waiting to snatch that mighty Honda PU Deal.

As i said a few Times i would love for Honda to get their stuff finally sorted and be competitive with McLaren, i'm just not sure i have faith in them anymore.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 08:35
So McLaren renounced to using best PU because they were a customer team, and now they´ll use third best PU as third customer team.... great deal McLaren!!! #-o :cry:

It doesn´t look like a great step but Honda is totally lost. What can McLaren do?

GoranF1
GoranF1

FW17 wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 09:17
how do you wave a head?
Up and down
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

FW17

GoranF1 wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 11:08
FW17 wrote:
how do you wave a head?
Up and down
Hope you enjoy it

wickedz50
wickedz50

Vasconia wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 10:55
Andres125sx wrote:
So McLaren renounced to using best PU because they were a customer team, and now they´ll use third best PU as third customer team.... great deal McLaren!!! #-o :cry:

It doesn´t look like a great step but Honda is totally lost. What can McLaren do?
McLaren should withdraw from F1 racing. When there is no way to find a race winning engine that's the best option. Honda is not there and Renault is no better. Merc and Ferrari will never provide the engine with similar strength. Under this situation whats the point racing. As soon as some big teams start withdrawing the FIA will be bound to bring some changes to settle this disparity. The engine formula unanimity was taken by all the customer teams who did not even have a clue what the engine makers will be able to deliver.

max_speed
max_speed

looks like switch to Renault is very near. it is a open secret and almost everyone is talking about it. it is disheartening to see Honda in sorry state. Current crop of Honda engineers should be ashamed to bring such a "brand" to disrepute and public ridicule. Mclaren-Honda history and reputation is tarnished forever.

marvin78
marvin78

Yeah. The whole F1 is becoming more and more a joke. And that's by far not Honda's fault. Sometimes I think I am watching a charade.

RS200E

wickedz50 wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 11:13
Vasconia wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 10:55
Andres125sx wrote:

McLaren should withdraw from F1 racing. When there is no way to find a race winning engine that's the best option. Honda is not there and Renault is no better. Merc and Ferrari will never provide the engine with similar strength. Under this situation whats the point racing. As soon as some big teams start withdrawing the FIA will be bound to bring some changes to settle this disparity. The engine formula unanimity was taken by all the customer teams who did not even have a clue what the engine makers will be able to deliver.
Funny guy.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

RS200E

FW17 wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 11:11
GoranF1 wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 11:08
FW17 wrote:
how do you wave a head?
Up and down
Hope you enjoy it
:lol:
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

fellowhoodlums
fellowhoodlums

ok, I accept that with Renault, McLaren will acccumulate points, maybe even a podium. I don't see it being much more until regulation changes. Then Honda or Renault could produce the winning PU.

Obviously McLaren want to move and it's all about Torro Rosso and the McLaren gearbox. McLaren will have to supply this and ...... it's failed a few times recently.

Honda must employ hundreds on this project and if it falls through and Torro Rosso don't pick 'em up then every one of those will be made redundant, effective almost immediately. Build a whole load of current spec PU's and just have a pit crew. Reputation damage to brand, financial mess. Honda want to continue somehow.

lebesset
lebesset

Shrieker wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 01:00
If Alonso is influential on the Honda decision, he's totally not worth it; I say ditch him. What a primadonna crybaby. He's become a hysterical mess, look at his whinging about Palmer today in the race, even after he's retired lol. GET ON WITH THE RACE IDIOT. Poach Carlos Sainz and carry on with Honda. They bring a huge amount of money to the team, and a Renault engine is guaranteed to not win them a title even tho they may win a few races with it. I've read a good post about this from someone today. If Renault come up with the best engine (long shot), Red Bull will win the title, and not McLaren. They are sure to get second rate engines after the works Renault team and Red Bull. If Honda come up with the best engine (an even longer shot), McLaren will win. It's the wrong time to ditch Honda. Except if they're making an arrangement to reunite(unlikely) if/when things get fully sorted and Honda become super competitive.
regret to say that's it in a nutshell ,call his bluff to leave [ where is he going , indy car ? ]and put the money into the engine , honda clearly need outside help and make that a condition , they will have to swallow their pride
put button in for a year
pre sign one of the young talents for 2009
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Chuckjr

It's looking more and more like they have made the switch.
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... r_2018_F1/
Watching F1 since 1986.

HPD

Renault says they do not want to have more customers. If Toro Rosso stays with Renault.
What does Mclaren want?

People here think that if Mclaren breaks with Honda, they will have Renault engine. Why are you so sure about that if Renault refuses to have another customer?

erlik
erlik

At the beginning I liked idea of Mclaren staying with Honda now I am of the next wish:

- Mclaren moves to Renault maybe visiting some podiums and in strange cases win races. In 2021 they switch to their own engines (Cosworth?) I am fan of Alonso but not that much interested where he goes next.
- Honda goes to STR and in 2019 to RB as they improve their performance in 2018.
- VW/Audi/Porsche enters F1 in 2021 with Williams maybe.
- 2024 F1 merges with Formula E making FE1
- 2026 humanity is forced to leave planet Earth due to unavoidable colision with meteor losing all interest in Mclaren, Honda, Renault and F1 in general.

Sorry for small OT :)

this is my signature

McL-H
McL-H

Really dissappointed as a longtime fan of this team.. I wished we could get the fat Yank and Frenchman out and make Ron return. That's the true McLaren leader.

R.I.P.
1966-2017