2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Can we talk about how Alonso's new floor seems to be worth some lap time instead of bickering about Honda?
Saishū kōnā

Joseki
Joseki

I'm trying to accept the fact that the next few months until winter testing are going to be like this: people pick a side and defend it non stop. I just hope to don't get triggered it.

ollandos
ollandos

godlameroso wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 23:25
Can we talk about how Alonso's new floor seems to be worth some lap time instead of bickering about Honda?
Βetter traction on exit corners ...help for faster accelerate ..and more stable on brake zones....+ little more df on high speeds...mclaren always is closer on green tracks ...and there is high possible rain for all weekend ...maybe alonso can have again the lost change of last race..for good result

RS200E

Sayeman wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 11:30
The divorce is it done, guys. Mclaren have been blaming Honda these last few years, they will blame them even more to absolve themselves of any sin of this divorce. Honda has got nothing to do with Mclaren from next season, so i don't care what Mclaren and their fanbase says anymore.

And those who are defending Fernando and saying he didn't do anything to force Mclaren's hand are either his compatriots or fans. so take their words with a grain of salt. Spanish media has been grilling Honda since 2015.

They can say anything they want but i have been seeing clear improvement from Honda over the year and that's why i am optimistic about next year. And when you think about it, Honda just got a upgrade from Mclaren (who has been on a downward spiral since 2008) to Redbull...So Honda fans shouldnt think they are getting the short end of the stick.

With FIA still experimenting with ceramic exhuast to boost sounds makes me think that this engine formula is set to stay beyond 2021. Lets hope this divorce provides a needed kick on Honda's backside and propels them towards improvement.
Voting your own nonsense up again I see.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

RS200E

techman wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 11:02
look iam not denying that honda need to up their performance but Hasegawa expects with their spec 4 they will overtake renault, which means this current spec is not far off. The problem with mclaren is that they put the sole reason for being slow on HONDA alone, and that BS.there is no credit given to honda for being a very light engine compared to renault which need more coooling.They say they are quick as Redbull. NOWAY. the mclaren is not as efficient as the redbull, Redbull ran a extreme rear skinny wing in monza compared to mclaren parachute. You can runextreme drag - downforce and can be quick in corners but it will hurt straight line speed. mclaren run extreme drag and toot their horns about how good the car is in corners and blame engine on straight line speed defecit. next year there is no where to hide. it will be a direct comparision. and i have nodoubt redbull chassis and their drivers will embarass mclaren renault. I just hope a redbull honda in 2019 and mclaren will end up being a another williams
Actually a higher downforce setup can and has worked at Monza. It's not as simple as looking at a rear wing angle. Your theory is pure tinfoil hat stuff anyway.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

techman
techman

Sayeman wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2017, 19:30
The divorce is it done, guys. Mclaren have been blaming Honda these last few years, they will blame them even more to absolve themselves of any sin of this divorce. Honda has got nothing to do with Mclaren from next season, so i don't care what Mclaren and their fanbase says anymore.

And those who are defending Fernando and saying he didn't do anything to force Mclaren's hand are either his compatriots or fans. so take their words with a grain of salt. Spanish media has been grilling Honda since 2015.

They can say anything they want but i have been seeing clear improvement from Honda over the year and that's why i am optimistic about next year. And when you think about it, Honda just got a upgrade from Mclaren (who has been on a downward spiral since 2008) to Redbull...So Honda fans shouldnt think they are getting the short end of the stick.

With FIA still experimenting with ceramic exhuast to boost sounds makes me think that this engine formula is set to stay beyond 2021. Lets hope this divorce provides a needed kick on Honda's backside and propels them towards improvement.

absolutely, i also think mclaren did a favour by getting renault for next season. theis leave honda to join redbull in 2019 hopefully. redbull chassis is still the benchmark, and i would prefer anyday to see a redbull honda over an overated mclaren honda anytime

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

techman wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 03:40
Actually a higher downforce setup can and has worked at Monza. It's not as simple as looking at a rear wing angle. Your theory is pure tinfoil hat stuff anyway.

:lol: enough said when i saw that quote. everyone team tries to minimize drag especially for a power circuit like monza. and you here talking that highdownforce set can work. LOL
Remember Button at Monza 2010 with the barn door rear wing. Yes he finished second but he should have won had the pitstop gone better and the fact that he was leading the race.

rscsr

Dipesh1995 wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 08:09
techman wrote:

:lol: enough said when i saw that quote. everyone team tries to minimize drag especially for a power circuit like monza. and you here talking that highdownforce set can work. LOL
Remember Button at Monza 2010 with the barn door rear wing. Yes he finished second but he should have won had the pitstop gone better and the fact that he was leading the race.
You do know that 2010 was the year of the f-duct?

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

rscsr wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 09:08
Dipesh1995 wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 08:09
techman wrote:

You do know that 2010 was the year of the f-duct?
The F-Duct was not as beneficial on straights of Monza as it was at other tracks hence Hamilton and other teams opted to run with a skinnier rear wing. The F-Duct gave a speed advantage of around 3-4 mph if I remember correctly whereas a skinnier wing gave much more than that. Some teams ran a combination of a skinnier wing with an F-Duct. For reference: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=2010+ ... natrg9mrmM
As a result, Button was close to the bottom of the speed traps but made the deficit up in the corners.

OviJohn
OviJohn

The new chasis upgrades seem to be working very well here and we´re very close to the Mercedes customers, but their S1 is very strong and with DRS active I believe those Force India and Massa´s Williams will be hard to keep behind.

Im expecting P7-P8 from Alo for qualy. Tomorrow, under normal conditions, P9 - P10.

fellowhoodlums
fellowhoodlums

Boullier confirming on Sky, one further Honda update and it'll be in Austin most probably.

fellowhoodlums
fellowhoodlums

You have to say that since Silverstone and Spec3, the car is pretty consistantly top 10 in Quali

If the season had started 4 months later.....

endless
endless

techman wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 11:49
do you realise renault engine package is bigger than hondas.?
Even if that's true, it doesn't seem to affect RedBull somehow. Why that would be an issue for McLaren?

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
New aero updates work very well puts vandoorne front of Alonso

Singabule
Singabule

etusch wrote:
30 Sep 2017, 12:06
godlameroso wrote:
New aero updates work very well puts vandoorne front of Alonso
:lol: nice job!