2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

RonDennis wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 12:19
Peter1919 wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 12:13
I like the papaya orange but where are the sponsors? I thought Petrobras was going to appear on the car and where the hell is the McLaren branding? Have they forgotten they have a supercar brand to advertise?
Petrobras is on the side, helmets and overals. There are probably more sponsor on the car than last year, but at least one big sponsor is needed. F1 cars shouldn't look this empty. Just look at the Vodafone era, those cars look great because sponsoring.
The "Lubrax" on the nose is also a Petrobras brand (oils more specifically).

mclaren111

LOVE THE PAPAYA ORANGE =D> Alonso's number also looks good !!!!

They have Blue in all the wrong places.

Look at these nice blue logo's

HPD

I have to say that this livery looks better than the one in 2017. Good job for Mclaren

I'm surprised at the upper air intake. While all the other teams increased in size, Mclaren decided to keep it

adrianjordan

They should put something on the sidepods and engine cover. Just looks far too empty at the moment...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 10:06
To be honest, 2 months isn't that much really.

i expect it to look like this

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tVVXDVfGilo/ ... dering.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IczSB-qMZqU/ ... ing-06.jpg
You were actually pretty close!!

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

Joseki wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 14:04
https://i.imgur.com/gaJOR17.jpg
Did I miss something then? What's the new logo??

Peter1919
Peter1919

Gerhardsa wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 12:19
Petrobras does appear on the car above the side pods behind Halo mounting point
Oh yeah, I see it now you point it out but that is damn small on the car which probably means this was no where near as big a sponsorship deal as we were hoping otherwise they would have much more prominent advertising on the car.

Still doesn't explain the lack of McLaren advertising on their own car though, unless there is one big sponsor still to announce or something.

BosF1
BosF1

Where die Chandon go? Has the sponsorship ended?

makecry
makecry

BosF1 wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 13:38
Where die Chandon go? Has the sponsorship ended?
It's on the rear wing. It's on helmets, it's everywhere.

McHonda
McHonda

They'll put 'McLaren',a speedmark or some other decal like the worlds faster gamer thing from last year when they get to the race weekend like they did last year if there's been no biters for the empty spots.

They're just highlighting to would be sponsors during this hyped and much photographed/shared pre-season time where their logos can go by using the empty space to draw the eye. For McLaren that's primarily principal partner real estate (sidepods,engine cover and nose).and they're still looking for a principal partner.

They can easily add a McLaren or Renault badge on the nose and a speedmark on the sidepods in Melbourne.

Redragon

McHonda wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 13:48
They'll put 'McLaren',a speedmark or some other decal like the worlds faster gamer thing from last year when they get to the race weekend like they did last year if there's been no biters for the empty spots.

They're just highlighting to would be sponsors during this hyped and much photographed/shared pre-season time where their logos can go by using the empty space to draw the eye. For McLaren that's primarily principal partner real estate (sidepods,engine cover and nose).and they're still looking for a principal partner.

They can easily add a McLaren or Renault badge on the nose and a speedmark on the sidepods in Melbourne.
Good strategy but it screams, we need money!! Because if none of the actual partners didn't get the big spaces means they don't pay enough, so if they want the big space they might have to pay more while Mclaren still looking for the big fish.

vantage87
vantage87

McHonda
McHonda

Redragon wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 13:53
McHonda wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 13:48

Good strategy but it screams, we need money!! Because if none of the actual partners didn't get the big spaces means they don't pay enough, so if they want the big space they might have to pay more while Mclaren still looking for the big fish.
It's not exactly a secret McLaren want a principal partner to be fair and they've recently said as much again so screaming we need money isn't much of a worry. (It's also something they all scream).

I don't see why it would fall on the current partners if no-one else came in to fill it unless it was coming from them and they wanted to increase visibility. McLaren could always ask I suppose but it's not like they can force them to cough up more as I assume they've got the visibility they paid for.

diffuser

Remember all that talk about the small airbox on the McLaren and the Large airbox on the STR having to do with the PU?

Looks like McLaren still have a small airbox this year and STR still have a large one in spite of exchanging PUs.

Postmoe

diffuser wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 14:25
Remember all that talk about the small airbox on the McLaren and the Large airbox on the STR having to do with the PU?

Looks like McLaren still have a small airbox this year and STR still have a large one in spite of exchanging PUs.
I love it, because It hints somewhat to the revelation that 99% of what we discuss about here is BS.

The only constant seems to be that many paths lead to similar performance.