2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonso Fan

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Right click, save as picture, navigate to pictures, right click, set as desktop background...
Start, Settings, Personalisation, Colour, Check box: Automatically pick an accent colour from my background...

... Start, programs, outlook mail, search box: admin@f1tec, ctrl+A, delete key... Navigate to deleted items, ctrl+A, delete key.

There done
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

GoranF1
GoranF1

FERNANDO ALONSO, McLaren Driver
“The first thing I thought when we had the wheel nut issue was that it was a good day for the media! It was a very small problem, but very obvious when you see a car in the gravel. In testing, there are cars in the garage in pieces and nobody sees that.

“We didn’t plan to run much this morning in our scheduled test programme, and we had planned fundamental changes on the car over lunch, so the lack of morning running hasn’t been a big handicap today. We reverted to our normal programme after lunch, and I’m the one that has done the most laps this afternoon while other teams have had issues.

“For me, I feel that today has been a very good start. The car felt good both here and in Navarra, and there’s definitely strong potential. On the performance side, it’s very early days to make an assessment, but everything seems to be in line with our expectations from the wind tunnel and the data that we had before coming to the test. At the moment, I think everyone is quite optimistic.”

ERIC BOULLIER, Racing Director
“While we have high expectations for our new partnership with Renault, we will not make any predictions now for the rest of the season after only one day of testing. This is the first day, it’s still early days and we need to assess our car. We need to feed the information we’ve gathered back to Woking, and see how the car correlates with what has been drawn up in the design office.

“Naturally, we’re learning about working with Renault – obviously the language is different, the switch positions are different, but it’s still a V6 1.6-litre engine with energy to manage. There are different ways to do that, but so far so good. The relationship is good, and the troops in both camps are happy to work together.

“It’s a shame we couldn’t take full advantage of the afternoon session because of the weather, and the forecast is not looking good for the rest of the week. Dry running is more useful for testing of course, but even in the wet there are still a lot of systems to check on the car, so still a lot of work to do that could be done even if it’s raining.

“The only downside from today is that our wheel nut issue cost us track time, but we’ve returned to running our programme and we’re happy with the learning we’re doing from our new package.”
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Thunder

Why avoid it? He passed to Test in Clean Air. Big Deal. :roll:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

GhostF1
GhostF1

jagunx51 wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 05:09
when you dont want to have a mess with Honda (again) .... just avoid it :mrgreen:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfq2-hPjKza/
Probably because of this at 1:09..

https://youtu.be/m3SnpIrWDiQ

RS200E

Not a good day for McLaren.

Disappointed that all McLaren were saying on Twitter was some crap about a live chat with no word about Waffle. Well one mention about he was having lunch.

Looks like it has been 2 McLaren car problems. Yes that's testing but they need to do better from now on.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

Mikey05021984
Mikey05021984

Does anyone know how many laps McLaren did last year in Barcelona testing?
I think they did 208 laps in total on week 1 of 2017. At this moment they have done only 87 laps so far with 2 (probably very bad weather conditions) days left.... So simply looking by the laps this looks to get even less compared to last year week 1 !
Does anyone know how many laps they did in week 2 of 2017?

RonDennis
RonDennis

Mikey05021984 wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 20:39
I think they did 208 laps in total on week 1 of 2017. At this moment they have done only 87 laps so far with 2 (probably very bad weather conditions) days left.... So simply looking by the laps this looks to get even less compared to last year week 1 !
425 laps in 8 days. I don't think they'll worry too much. Renault has 3 cars running around and with these temperatures, times don't say anything at all.

marmer
marmer

RonDennis wrote:
Mikey05021984 wrote:
425 laps in 8 days. I don't think they'll worry too much. Renault has 3 cars running around and with these temperatures, times don't say anything at all.
I would still be concerned with the lack of laps compared to other teams. Could have developed more understanding of how the car responds to setup changes even minor more laps they would have learnt something

zoroastar

marmer wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 22:19
RonDennis wrote:
Mikey05021984 wrote:
I would still be concerned with the lack of laps compared to other teams. Could have developed more understanding of how the car responds to setup changes even minor more laps they would have learnt something
thats true, but even with no problems i have the feeling that mclaren may not put in as many laps as some teams. what were they saying last year about 90% correlation. whether its bs or not. i think they may feel that they can do with less running than others. i say they need to do 100 a day.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Who knows what they're cooking up or having prepared on the shelf. For all we know they might introduce a huge-ass superfloor later on, and mount a different set of bargeboards and some other tech innovations. would not make much sense endless testing what they have now would it then?

i'll repeat, we have no idea about their schedule nor plans.

also, temperatures outside are really not at all representative of any race during the season at all. they might simply concider it's not worth the hassle and cost.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Mikey05021984 wrote:
So your comparing blue sky's and decent weather in 2017 with awful and cold conditions which makes running pointless in 2018. Yep that's fair.

Thunder

Oh will we ever see the Day when People get over McLaren ditching Honda.....?
#aerogollum

NathanOlder

Not sure what happened there....
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Thunder

Did you not read all the replies i also deleted? That's what happens, that's why it was deleted. Just let it rest. Maybe in a Year or so we will all laugh about it, but for now it just results in endless bickering which just doesn't contribute.
#aerogollum

NathanOlder

Thunder wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 10:55
Did you not read all the replies i also deleted? That's what happens, that's why it was deleted. Just let it rest. Maybe in a Year or so we will all laugh about it, but for now it just results in endless bickering which just doesn't contribute.

I understand the replies being removed, the original post was perfectly valid though.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC