2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

The problem is not serious...its only when the car is stationary, they will open up central part of rear bodywork a bit until they change internal flow a bit.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

RonDennis
RonDennis

BrunoH wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 20:05
yeah.... i think its a problem,

even today after 1 lap the cooling was on, and it was snowing so.. doubt its just an exhaust issue...

i think the engine cover plus maybe too small cooling intakes?!? maybe they were too aggressive?
The exhaust clip could also have been broken by the high temperatures.

ollandos
ollandos

my view for the season is it will be a season with 4-6 wins for all top teams with lot gp winners like 2012 if remember correct ..mclaren dont go to dominate the season ..mclaren i think targeting ..to steal wins..little with very suit tracks with little lucky help ..and if we take for sure 3-4 wet races another chance ...and with good points results on not ein races to be on fight ..more or less i think its realistic and very possible scenario ...i hope for the first part little good luck on races and why note help from weather on not good tracks ..

i give 3 or 4 wins in season and 4-5 for ferrari-mercedes-redbull ....and podium on oz to give a boost to the team..

proteus

ollandos wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 21:05
my view for the season is it will be a season with 4-6 wins for all top teams with lot gp winners like 2012 if remember correct ..mclaren dont go to dominate the season ..mclaren i think targeting ..to steal wins..little with very suit tracks with little lucky help ..and if we take for sure 3-4 wet races another chance ...and with good points results on not ein races to be on fight ..more or less i think its realistic and very possible scenario ...i hope for the first part little good luck on races and why note help from weather on not good tracks ..

i give 3 or 4 wins in season and 4-5 for ferrari-mercedes-redbull ....and podium on oz to give a boost to the team..
They wont win, podium will be an achievement as well. I think even getting 4th in the race will be tough without leaders having problems. Its just the way it is. Ferrari, and Mercedes have massive advantage since they have enjoyed stable resources at their disposal for many years and Redbull has Newey.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

RonDennis
RonDennis

ollandos wrote:

What I want: five teams winning races in 2018.
What will happen: two teams dominating 2018.

ollandos
ollandos

proteus wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 21:15
ollandos wrote:

They wont win, podium will be an achievement as well. I think even getting 4th in the race will be tough without leaders having problems. Its just the way it is. Ferrari, and Mercedes have massive advantage since they have enjoyed stable resources at their disposal for many years and Redbull has Newey.
i think mercedes is on safe mode ...they dont spend more money .. there is no reason ...its better for them to take back some money and wait for 2021 new rules...same its for ferrari maybe ferrari need one title before new engines..but its not easy ..maybe on last season ...if mclaren can steal 3-4 wins for mercedes and ferrari and reb bull make same numbers like 2017 ..it will be very mix fight and season ..

ollandos
ollandos

RonDennis wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 21:32
ollandos wrote:

no i dont think so ....i believe all to be closer that year ...there is nothing to show something like dominate year for someone ...dont forget we have extra kilos on chassis and oil burn limits ...and thats effect more mercedes and ferrari ..plus new tyres ..with more pit stops...maybe not 5 winners teams ..but 4 ..plus 1 from last year its realistic ..i am wait to see battle between ferrari and mercedes on 0-0.100-0.150 range and x2 for red bull....a range half second off from the top its good gap to give hopes for wins ..red bull won races with 0.7-0.8.off ..

nokivasara
nokivasara

RonDennis wrote:
ollandos wrote:

I think the top 3 are too far ahead, with RedBull ever so close behind Merc and Ferrari. Or rather at the same level.
But behind them it's going to be very tight, I hope Mclaren and Renault can get some podiums here and there but can't really hope for more than that for 2018.
Oh and FI won't give up their spot easily either, it'll be an interesting season behind the top 3 for sure!!

kaepernickus

Damn! Not much to say about performance yet, but that car/livery does look great for sure. :shock:

DFX
DFX

kaepernickus wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 22:07
Damn! Not much to say about performance yet, but that car/livery does look great for sure. :shock:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXJLYZzX0AATT0g.jpg
Being honest, when they gave hints about the colors, i thought that i would hate it. But this is absolutely gorgeous. Even better with Alonso's helmet combo! :mrgreen:

DFX
DFX

nokivasara wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 21:49
RonDennis wrote:
ollandos wrote:

I think the top 3 are too far ahead, with RedBull ever so close behind Merc and Ferrari. Or rather at the same level.
But behind them it's going to be very tight, I hope Mclaren and Renault can get some podiums here and there but can't really hope for more than that for 2018.
Oh and FI won't give up their spot easily either, it'll be an interesting season behind the top 3 for sure!!
It's way too early to predictions, lets wait this couple of weeks and we will see what is what. (Or at least we will have better clues).

RonDennis
RonDennis

DFX wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 22:58
kaepernickus wrote:

Being honest, when they gave hints about the colors, i thought that i would hate it. But this is absolutely gorgeous. Even better with Alonso's helmet combo! :mrgreen:
And the wet weather tires.

DFX
DFX

Even better! :D

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

DFX wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 22:58
kaepernickus wrote:

studio shots didn't do it much well, but the outdoor shots are just drewl-worthy. i'd welcome some more blue though, on the sidepod endplates, bargeboards, and front wing for example.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

godlameroso

From what I've seen that McLaren has top class aero, no joke it's the real deal. I saw it going through 5 then 6 & 7 and thought surely that's the fastest car, I slowed it down and thought it was the Ferrari, but no it was the McLaren. It just looked so planted and it just cut through the turns, don't know how else to describe it.
Saishū kōnā