2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Very interesting interview with Hartley, seems there isn't much lap time difference between the different compounds. Wouldn't it be something if these tires are bogey tires? What I mean is it takes 2 steps to really see a difference, however, wear happens as you'd expect between two steps of tires. Maybe this means some interesting strategies are possible.

https://youtu.be/UaGRMrwIack?t=10m38s
Saishū kōnā

Redragon

McMika98 wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 01:36
Thats why he does not even care. He knows what his team will deliver so he has a conviction and belief.
Thats very modest, at least he isnt saying we have the best chassis, look at our cornering speed and simulation times. Sorry dont want to reignite the flames but his team has been the guinea pig for Red Bull yet delivered above performance so he deserves praise for having the drive and the cohones to fire his head of aero before the season. Apparently he is the secret weapon according to autosport.
Just to say this how you write "cojones", also this car looks amazing!

hasika
hasika

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2018 ... 8-rcg-moto

Tanabe:That run(with hypersoft) is just a part of tyre test,so of course we didnt use qualifying mode.We dont know what the rivals did,so there is not too much to say about performance.We planned to run 150 laps in both Thursday and Friday to check the durability of chassis and power unit.

etusch

hasika wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 08:28
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2018 ... 8-rcg-moto

Tanabe:That run(with hypersoft) is just a part of tyre test,so of course we didnt use qualifying mode.We dont know what the rivals did,so there is not too much to say about performance.We planned to run 150 laps in both Thursday and Friday to check the durability of chassis and power unit.
One more good news

ispano6

The article also quotes Hartley as saying his posted time on hypersofts wasn't the flying lap and that the next lap was going to be faster but the Sauber caused a red flag that scrapped the run. So there's more pace to come from this spec engine which has new developments since the first test engine.

techman
techman

The article also quotes Hartley as saying his posted time on hypersofts wasn't the flying lap and that the next lap was going to be faster but the Sauber caused a red flag that scrapped the run. So there's more pace to come from this spec engine which has new developments since the first test engine.
good news. i just hope the development come through every race. i reckon tr honda could do a mid 1min 18 on qual mode.

HPD

"They've brought a couple of updates, they've been working hard and so far we've had zero reliability issues and it's been smooth sailing from a Honda point of view," he said.

"That's been really positive."

"I was really positive and optimistic before I came here," said Hartley.

"For my sanity, there was no point expecting it to be bad before we even arrived.

"When we went to the factory three or four weeks ago, I could feel there was some quiet confidence within everyone.

"I had really high expectations, especially after the last couple of meetings in Faenza when everyone was so positive about the early signs from Honda.

"Actually, I had high expectations before I arrived and they have definitely delivered."
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13471 ... erformance

bauc

I just watched Ted's notebook from yesterday, he says few teams around the paddock have suggested that Honda have used a lot of engines to make sure TR can do a lot of laps, almost 1 engine per day. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, just a indicator of why they have seem to look bulletproof so far and maybe a worry for the season since only 3 units are allowed.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

bauc wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 12:34
I just watched Ted's notebook from yesterday, he says few teams around the paddock have suggested that Honda have used a lot of engines to make sure TR can do a lot of laps, almost 1 engine per day. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, just a indicator of why they have seem to look bulletproof so far and maybe a worry for the season since only 3 units are allowed.
That was posted in the PU thread. I'd like to hear it from someone not named Ted. Last week he said Honda were using last years PU (which they were not)

Big Tea

Well if true it means they have 7 reliable engines, not just the one.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Thunder

I moved the Livestream posts over to the Testing Topic. Should be Interesting for more People than just the STR Squad right?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Thunder wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 15:36
I moved the Livestream posts over to the Testing Topic. Should be Interesting for more People than just the STR Squad right?
Agreed, I was about to suggest he post it over there too. They gonna blow up his stream :lol:

Squid
Squid

Albert Fabrega denies that STR has been using a new engine every day:

[media]https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 1170440192[/media]

Wouter

Squid wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 15:57
Albert Fabrega denies that STR has been using a new engine every day:

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 1170440192
Fabrega is talking about THIS week. This week they are not using a new engine every day.
However last week they did. It was written in a Japanese article.

Edit:
“We have run three engines but only because we were cycling them in the first test - we didn't have to do that, and we've run one in the second test. That's just a plan, not because we had to. It's been super reliable so far so fingers crossed that continues. It's the best PU reliability we've had since the PU era began, so very happy.
Last edited by Wouter on 08 Mar 2018, 17:27, edited 2 times in total.
The Power of Dreams!

I think Gasly is on a race sim. Started on softs and then switched to mediums.