2018 pre-season testing thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Phil

Re: 2018 pre-season testing thread

F1NAC wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 10:27
The good thing is that there is good correlation between computers and real word. I just doubt that Ferrari has falleb behind RB.

But will see
They certainly did last year already, catching both Mercedes and Ferrari. The only thing that was keeping them from being even stronger was the Renault engine that still was behind and a major factor on some tracks. Something that Renault reportedly still have some potential that they havent unlocked yet. Apparently they may up the performance a bit today for the last day of testing (or did they do that yesterday already?) and another bit at Melbourne.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

I am starting to believe that Fernando is cursed or smth. A stopped Mclaren again.

motobaleno

marshall cleaning fluid: another oil leak?

Sieper

Oil leak, again in turn 7. Jeez louise.

erlik
erlik

Is it right time to make has-mclaren-stopped-today.com website?

TankMarvin
TankMarvin

TheGkbrk wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 11:01
I am starting to believe that Fernando is cursed or smth. A stopped Mclaren again.
Are ALO and VAN using different engines ?
ALO suffers oil leaks either side of VAN running with no major issues... engine swaps overnight and installation problems ?

max_speed
max_speed

TheGkbrk wrote:
yes , i can bet . he is cursed. no way it can happen on final day of testing.

techman
techman

one team that impressed me the most is Hass. i think they will surprise in melbourne.

cyclon

TankMarvin wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 11:16
TheGkbrk wrote:
Are ALO and VAN using different engines ?
ALO suffers oil leaks either side of VAN running with no major issues... engine swaps overnight and installation problems ?
Maybe ALO pushing more and out of the program ...
But it seems like he is cursed ... perhaps the 'Renault gate championship' or Big Ron ....
Really don't know....
I loved the iconic McLaren-Honda
But most of all i love McLaren . After all first contact made with M23 that had a Ford Cosworth PU

techman
techman

i dont think any driver is cursed but the major problem with that car is not enough cooling. Its the size zero concept and it hard to get enough cooling. i hope they sort out their issues but its getting very late

djones
djones

If this was a year ago we would all be laughing at Honda and saying how McLaren need a new engine.

Full respect to Honda for never saying how bad McLaren were in public and also for staying in the sport and to keep trying.

djones
djones

techman wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 11:22
i dont think any driver is cursed but the major problem with that car is not enough cooling. Its the size zero concept and it hard to get enough cooling. i hope they sort out their issues but its getting very late
Not sure cooling causes it to throw oil all over the track.... twice?

techman
techman

these issues we are seeing in testing happened to honda too last year. oil leak failures. but i think you can see a pattern now. its only the mclaren renault getting the issues and all other renault runners doing fine.

cyclon

djones wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 11:31
techman wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 11:22
Let's wait for something official although i am afraid for PR BS..... :evil:
I loved the iconic McLaren-Honda
But most of all i love McLaren . After all first contact made with M23 that had a Ford Cosworth PU

isullivan
isullivan

Maybe the new asphalt at T7 needs oiling and Alonso took the job for himself.