2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
HPD

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

ME4ME wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 14:13
I'd say it's probably more likely that Alonso would drive for Red Bull if it wouldn't work out with Sainz, than Gasly or Hartley.
Red Bull + Honda + Alonso?

It will be a horror movie. :lol:

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

HPD wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 18:22
ME4ME wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 14:13
I'd say it's probably more likely that Alonso would drive for Red Bull if it wouldn't work out with Sainz, than Gasly or Hartley.
Red Bull + Honda + Alonso?

It will be a horror movie. :lol:
I think they'd sooner hire Pastor Maldonado than Alonso. :)
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

techman
techman

i dont think marko is fond of any current toro rosso drivers. he made this comment last year about both gasly and hartley about their talent. shame really they ditched kyatt who was talented to hartley. who is just slow.

godlameroso

Hartley isn't slow, just made some mistakes, if the car is damaged one cannot go very fast. Gasley has speed as well, but he's an F1 rookie. Let's see what happens in the next few races.
Saishū kōnā

techman
techman

Hartley isn't slow, just made some mistakes, if the car is damaged one cannot go very fast. Gasley has speed as well, but he's an F1 rookie. Let's see what happens in the next few races.
no disrespect to hartley or gasley but last year it was only kyatt who gave toro rosso a point when he was compared to gasly and hartley. kyatt is little inconsistent, but he was compared to sainz who we know is quick, kyatt is quick but he was used like a a old rag . cut chopped and brought in breaking the young man confidence to bits.

McMika98
McMika98

techman wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 22:45

no disrespect to hartley or gasley but last year it was only kyatt who gave toro rosso a point when he was compared to gasly and hartley. kyatt is little inconsistent, but he was compared to sainz who we know is quick, kyatt is quick but he was used like a a old rag . cut chopped and brought in breaking the young man confidence to bits.
Danny the torpedo Kyvatt maybe have been quick in glimpses but last year he was earning his nickname by blasting through the opposition during race. Funny, was watching 2017 race highlights and it was a recurring theme. He even nailed his teamate once.
Totally outclassed by Sainz, the other rookies cannot be a reference.
Hartley so far has dissapointed during quali but his race pace has been decent. Not seen any overtaking moves from either, hopefully 2018 we will have a good reel.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

McMika98 wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 23:01
techman wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 22:45

Danny the torpedo Kyvatt maybe have been quick in glimpses but last year he was earning his nickname by blasting through the opposition during race. Funny, was watching 2017 race highlights and it was a recurring theme. He even nailed his teamate once.
Totally outclassed by Sainz, the other rookies cannot be a reference.
Hartley so far has dissapointed during quali but his race pace has been decent. Not seen any overtaking moves from either, hopefully 2018 we will have a good reel.
I believe Hartley's WEC experience will come in handy with tyre and fuel management, e.g. lift and coast, stretching a stint etc. Logical thinking, they'll both improve, I hope it'll be quick.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

etusch

We hope to see development in 4 areas. Pu, chassis, both drivers :D . I hope all will be sooner and with good steps forward.

loner

etusch wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 23:24
We hope to see development in 4 areas. Pu, chassis, both drivers :D . I hope all will be sooner and with good steps forward.
the raw power is there ..i'm sure RBR confirmed the big step Honda achieved with the 2018 PU you just need to look at the testing reliability and speed trap to know that they are at Renault level now.. Mercedes said so also
if hitting a kerb damaged mgu-h in a car and hitting another kerb damaged the floor in the other car you will know where is the flaw.. couple this with the rookie drivers and you will know STR in 2018 nothing but test bed for the PU
in the mid season Honda will introduce an updated version of the PU i think it will be superior to Renault i won't be surprised at this point to find the Honda in RBR in the second half of 2018 season.
while Cyril Abiteboul keep giving them warnings :mrgreen:
my point is with all due respect to STR regardless the results you just need to keep a closer look on how the PU perform and progress thats where marko's mind.
para bellum.

techman
techman

the raw power is there ..i'm sure RBR confirmed the big step Honda achieved with the 2018 PU you just need to look at the testing reliability and speed trap to know that they are at Renault level now.. Mercedes said so also
if hitting a kerb damaged mgu-h in a car and hitting another kerb damaged the floor in the other car you will know where is the flaw.. couple this with the rookie drivers and you will know STR in 2018 nothing but test bed for the PU
in the mid season Honda will introduce an updated version of the PU i think it will be superior to Renault i won't be surprised at this point to find the Honda in RBR in the second half of 2018 season.
my point is with all due respect to STR regardless the results you just need to keep a closer look on how the PU perform and progress thats where marko's mind.
thats also my wish to. we know str cant be challenging the title any time soon. the only chance is redbull. i just hope marko takes the dyno values into consideration rather than on track result because on track performance have many factors have drivers, chasssis. etc

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

loner wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 23:56
etusch wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 23:24
I think it's highly unlikely we'll see a mid season switch for RBR, that wouldn't make sense. Firstly, Renault is also planning upgrades, Horner confirmed it, but said Renault is keeping the details to themselves. Also, was it confirmed anywhere that the cause of the MGU-H failure was caused by hitting a kerb? The last I heard they were taking the component back to Sakura for thorough analysis.

techman
techman

its very unlikely redbull will switch to honda mid season. i would hope so. but the reality is its not going to happen. i just hope redbull takes more care of the sisster team by providing them a modified version of their last years chassis. look at haas for example. no point wasting time trying to improve str13. modfiy a race winner like rb13.

loner

techman wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 09:55
its very unlikely redbull will switch to honda mid season. i would hope so. but the reality is its not going to happen. i just hope redbull takes more care of the sisster team by providing them a modified version of their last years chassis. look at haas for example. no point wasting time trying to improve str13. modfiy a race winner like rb13.
you don't realy know what is going on.. they have a plan since signing the deal, perhaps behind closed doors before the contract :wink:
why RBR would give Sainz to a direct competitor to STR for just the eyes of Honda LOL
Tost already said they will have a very competitive car towards the last races perhaps we will see Verstappen demoted to STR in the second half :lol:
the STR car will change 180 degree during 2018 season
i imagine this will be the drivers line for some teams in 2019
RBR-Honda
Verstappen - Sainz
STR-Honda
Gasly - Fukuzumi
Ferrari
Vettel - Ricciardo
Mclaren
SV- Norris
Fernando alonso - retirement.
para bellum.

etusch

loner wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 14:43
techman wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 09:55
you don't realy know what is going on.. they have a plan since signing the deal, perhaps behind closed doors before the contract :wink:
why RBR would give Sainz to a direct competitor to STR for just the eyes of Honda LOL
Tost already said they will have a very competitive car towards the last races perhaps we will see Verstappen demoted to STR in the second half :lol:
the STR car will change 180 degree during 2018 season
i imagine this will be the drivers line for some teams in 2019
RBR-Honda
Verstappen - Sainz
STR-Honda
Gasly - Fukuzumi
Ferrari
Vettel - Ricciardo
Mclaren
SV- Norris
Fernando alonso - retirement.
It looks logical. Sainz place is a question marq for me as my earlier comment stated. If SV doesn't shine this year Mclaren may choose FA one more year with Norris ( Norris looks very good)

Thunder

Let's keep it about Toro Rosso in here please.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum