2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
techman
techman

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

looks strong i kinda of said that after melbourne , i thought this track would give a better representation. and it did. hopefully they carry on the momentum

GhostF1
GhostF1

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. It's probable they will tumble down the board as P2, P3 come around. But nonetheless, great start from Gasly!

rgava
rgava

They have gone 2.3 sec. faster than last year in FP1, while the field average improvement is 1.84.
Let's hope this improvement can be confirmed during the whole weekend.

Marti_EF3

Looks better than Melbourne... 🤔

etusch

Ground Effect wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 15:34
etusch wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 14:51
As I said earlier Gasly looks fast and he is a rookie. I hope he will get better and better. I wonder what he will do in race
I'm not sure, but I believe Gasly set him time on the soft tyre, which gives a lot of encouragement. I'm not one to rave about the speed trap, but still very impressive. As we know, it's the least representative session. Let's hope they can carry it through.
Yes I am aware of that and hope he keeps this performance whole weekend. If he can not, this not means anything good overall. But again it is good when we take it up for just this session. And we can say that when track improved Toro Rosso also will improve.
İf they showed all they have and others not, they will be less improving team at coming sessions .
And Yes he set his time on soft
Last edited by etusch on 06 Apr 2018, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

techman
techman

he set on solft which is highly encouraging

GhostF1
GhostF1

rgava wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 15:54
They have gone 2.3 sec. faster than last year in FP1, while the field average improvement is 1.84.
Let's hope this improvement can be confirmed during the whole weekend.
We'll see how much they improve in P2. And although they are faster in P1 over last year, Kvyat matched Gasly's 1:32.7 last year in P2 (not sure on compound) and quali was a 1:30.9. 1.3 sec behind Verstappen's Red Bull.

Being cautious as usual. Signs are good, I just hope they have a lot in the tank and that this wasn't a higher mode, earlier on.

restless
restless

so we can expect 1.28.0 for topping Q3 ?

Alonso Fan

techman wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 16:15
To be honest the soft tyre was probably the best performer due to the very high temperatures in Bahrain during the session. Softer tyres would probably blister or degrade far too quickly to extract any meaningful performance out of them. Add to that the fact that qualifying and the race will be at night then fp2 will be a more accurate representation. Speed trap could have been a tow. But still encouraging nonetheless
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Alonso Fan

loner wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 16:50
Alonso Fan wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 16:32
techman wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 16:15
To be honest the soft tyre was probably the best performer due to the very high temperatures in Bahrain during the session. Softer tyres would probably blister or degrade far too quickly to extract any meaningful performance out of them. Add to that the fact that qualifying and the race will be at night then fp2 will be a more accurate representation. Speed trap could have been a tow. But still encouraging nonetheless
here comes the ALONSO worshipers :mrgreen:
That was unnecessary and immature. All of us want Honda to do well. Shame it couldn't be with mclaren. I follow this thread because I want to keep an eye on how Honda perform with Toro Rosso. I want them finally to get it right. I said the signs were encouraging. What more do you people want? I may be a fan of Alonso be he isn't without fault. I worship God not Alonso.

Also I said speed trap could be a tow, inviting others who were watching or had access to the positioning of cars on track at the time the speed was set to comment and expand on what I said (which was in a speculative sense). Come on people, mercedes is doing 316 in the speed trap, how do you explain this?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Singabule
Singabule

Hartley is so slow, i hope because a lot of fuel and trial some setting. Gasly outright speed is very good, but hartley usually more consistent. Everybody is running with fat ass in this GP so STR May discover something first than other, because they run the fat ass since testing

techman
techman

the top speed of TR are not because of tow. the top speed were goo all throughout testing and melbourne its not different here. honda power is decent

HPD

Singabule wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 17:03
Hartley is so slow, i hope because a lot of fuel and trial some setting. Gasly outright speed is very good, but hartley usually more consistent. Everybody is running with fat ass in this GP so STR May discover something first than other, because they run the fat ass since testing
Imagine that Honda decided to try the new PU with Gasly :lol:
(it's only a joke) 8)

godlameroso

Holy crap Gasley's new engine seems to be working!
Saishū kōnā

Bisonas

I don't know what they are doing, but Gasly is looking good all day. Driver, car and PU related.
The difference with Hartley is what puzzles me.