2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Revs84 wrote:
07 Apr 2018, 23:18

Apologies for the poor Google translation, sometimes making sentences to read the opposite way, but the gist is that Honda was made to look much worse than it really was by McLaren and the media in general. The Honda engine was indeed the least powerful one on the track, however, the gap was much less than it was made to seem. Tanabe claims that the lack of speed on the straights was indeed, as our friend Techman has pointed out a 'few times', down to a draggy chassis.
If Mclaren chassis has too much air resistance it will not cause just lower max speed but more fuel comsuption in the same time. If we could have 3 Renault powered car's fuel comsumptions we would have a undeniable data about that.

McL-H
McL-H

Great job of Toro Rosso-Honda yesterday. I hope they can continue to develop further. They can leave midfield now and challenge the top 3!

Sayeman

McL-H wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 10:27
They can leave midfield now and challenge the top 3!
That's what Alonso said
Never Give up.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

From all indications, Honda have a "party mode", that in itself is a big deal. Renault still waiting....
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

techman
techman

Apologies for the poor Google translation, sometimes making sentences to read the opposite way, but the gist is that Honda was made to look much worse than it really was by McLaren and the media in general. The Honda engine was indeed the least powerful one on the track, however, the gap was much less than it was made to seem. Tanabe claims that the lack of speed on the straights was indeed, as our friend Techman has pointed out a 'few times', down to a draggy chassis.
:-D thanks. i think i did mention enough to even annoy the mods. :lol: just joking. But i feel what i said is now coming true

Alonso Fan

techman wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 12:35
:-D thanks. i think i did mention enough to even annoy the mods. :lol: just joking. But i feel what i said is now coming true
Nope still don't buy it. Certainly was not the case last year. The numbers simply do not add up. This year they have severe traction issues and aren't good under braking. Basically that's the whole of this circuit in a nutshell. So this circuit exaggerates both Toro Rossos strength and mclaren's weakness.

What is evident is that Honda have done their homework right and caught up in peak power terms. And mclaren haven't spent enough time on their chassis. Half the car is still from last year.

If Alonso gets a good start and catches up to gasly, it will be a very interesting and entertaining race because race pace for both was very similar and only slower than the top 3 teams.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Alonso Fan wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 12:43
techman wrote:
Nope still don't buy it. Certainly was not the case last year. The numbers simply do not add up. This year they have severe traction issues and aren't good under braking. Basically that's the whole of this circuit in a nutshell. So this circuit exaggerates both Toro Rossos strength and mclaren's weakness.

What is evident is that Honda have done their homework right and caught up in peak power terms. And mclaren haven't spent enough time on their chassis. Half the car is still from last year.

If Alonso gets a good start and catches up to gasly, it will be a very interesting and entertaining race because race pace for both was very similar and only slower than the top 3 teams.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Alonso Fan wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 12:43
techman wrote:

Fernando should worry about Hartley first... He's even also got Force India's before Hartley. It would take a heck of a start to be racing Gasly.. Not saying impossible, just highly unlikely.

Marti_EF3

That will be hard, defending position against the Force India. Because their top speed is really high... Let's see if the engine is up to this battle and can handle it

loner

Sayeman wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 11:17
McL-H wrote:
That's what Alonso said
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fernando should worry about Hartley He's even also got Force India's before Hartley. It would take a heck of a start to be racing Gasly.. Not saying impossible, just highly unlikely. first
make up your mind ..LALA land
para bellum.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

loner wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 14:17
Sayeman wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 11:17
McL-H wrote:
That's what Alonso said
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fernando should worry about Hartley He's even also got Force India's before Hartley. It would take a heck of a start to be racing Gasly.. Not saying impossible, just highly unlikely. first
make up your mind ..LALA land
Meaning? Make up my mind about what exactly?

loner

the Alonso fan saying if ALO did a good start what good start will make p13 catch p5 after start the race ?
it need crashes or raining cats and dogs for this possibility in the first few laps.
para bellum.

godlameroso

The mclonso has good race pace, he can easily jump cars during the pit stops, and at the start. I want to see Gasley and Alonso fight on track that would be neat.
Saishū kōnā

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

loner wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 14:28
the Alonso fan saying if ALO did a good start what good start will make p13 catch p5 after start the race ?
it need crashes or raining cats and dogs for this possibility in the first few laps.
OK, my opinion, Gasly is in another race, if we're going to see a Mclaren v Toro Rosso, only Hartley is in range. But even at that, he has 2 Force India's between, so Fernando has got his work cut out for him.... could be a bridge too far.

Alonso Fan

loner wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 14:28
Believe what you want to believe. Don't actually read what I wrote, no, that will be too sensible.

I said 'If Alonso gets a good start and catches up to gasly' I. E. Gets into the top 10 at the start and closes on gasly throughout the race

I did not say 'if Alonso overtakes gasly at the start'
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa